Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3237858 - 05/03/13 08:48 AM Took my wife hunting for her first time.
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

My wife has been saying she would go for a while and we finally had the same day off where neither of us where real busy. We went last night to academy and got her some camo, she enjoyed that process because shopping is her favorite passed time. She woke me up this morning dressed and ready to go which surprised me because I honestly didn't even figure she would actually go. We made it to the woods a little late (my fault, we didn't have any bug spray an I didn't want her to have ticks on her). We get to the woods and start walking, set up and call a while and other than the occasional question fron her the woods where silent. I asked her if she was bored and she said she wasn't but I could tell her mind was starting to wonder. I told her we would go get some breakfast and she agreed on the way out I showed he a few things about the woods and wildlife and we took off. Over all I was pleasantly surprised by how receptive she was to everything and how well she handled herself, heck she even called some. Not to bad for what Phil Robertson would call a yuppie girl.

#3237867 - 05/03/13 08:53 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Ckirk4bama]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Congrats on getting her out there Ckirk. I wish my wife would show some interest in hunting.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3237889 - 05/03/13 09:18 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Ckirk4bama]
Vermin93
10 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Nice job, man. Sometimes they'll surprise you. ;\)

I took my girlfriend deer hunting a few times in a ground blind. She brought a book for when it was really slow. The first time I shot a deer with her was during muzzleloader and I was using a .54 cal sidelock with patched round balls. She thought it was pretty neat. We had to track the deer quite a ways into some thick woods and she helped with the blood trailing. When we found the deer she asked me what was going to happen next. I had her stand on the deer's legs to hold them open while I field dressed it. Even though she didn't enjoy her bird's eye view of the gut pile, she gained a sincere appreciation for what deer hunting is all about to me. I overheard her on the phone later that day telling her friends how she helped me gut the deer. She was pretty proud of herself. I think she enjoyed eating that deer a little more than usual since she was part of the hunt.

The real question here is whether your wife decided on Mossy Oak or Realtree?

#3237900 - 05/03/13 09:26 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Vermin93]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

We are a real tree ap kind of family. Lol she even found turkey scratching that was fresh, I got a kick out of it she asked why we didn't just fallow it to the turkeys.

#3237940 - 05/03/13 09:48 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Ckirk4bama]
pledbetter
6 Point

Loc: Shelbyville , TN

Oh no , that will never work!!! Mossy Oak all the way!!!
Good job on introducing her to the outdoors man. There's not a better feeling in the world to me.

#3237953 - 05/03/13 10:03 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: pledbetter]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I thought half the fun was the post-hunt checking each other for ticks! ;D

#3237987 - 05/03/13 10:31 AM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Ckirk4bama]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Ckirk4bama
We are a real tree ap kind of family. Lol she even found turkey scratching that was fresh, I got a kick out of it she asked why we didn't just fallow it to the turkeys.
I have followed scratch to turkeys more than once, don't discount that if it's very fresh scratch.

Realtree vs mossy oak.. I don't care too much, I have killed my turkeys wearing realtree AP but just the other day I got some of the turkey thugs cargo pants and shirt on clearance, that are plastered in mossy oak obsession and it looks good.

#3238140 - 05/03/13 01:43 PM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: catman529]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

My wife loves going hunting with me but her mind wanders after about an hour then she gets on her phone and plays on it until it's dead then she is ready to go home lol
Yuppie girls...

#3238152 - 05/03/13 02:08 PM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
My wife loves going hunting with me but her mind wanders after about an hour then she gets on her phone and plays on it until it's dead then she is ready to go home lol
Yuppie girls...

Ha I was telling my dad about it after the hunt and she said tell big daddy(what every calls my dad) that I ain't no yuppie girl. He and I burst end out in laughter as soon as she got it out of her mouth. Yuppie through and through.

#3239139 - 05/04/13 09:56 PM Re: Took my wife hunting for her first time. [Re: Ckirk4bama]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

sleepy Online
I'm glad you let her share your time in the woods with you. \:\)

Beware the skillet

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (Diehard Hunter, Deerhunter, stilllookin, Deck78, Inkstainz, Mudbone, 12 invisible) and 118 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85372 Topics
1031573 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.243 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.