Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3236637 - 05/01/13 07:52 PM Reid "obamacare trainwreck coming...need money"
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Reid: More funding needed to prevent ObamaCare from becoming 'train wreck'

Reid: More funding needed to prevent ObamaCare from becoming 'train wreck' By Alexander Bolton - 05/01/13 05:45 PM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says he shares colleagues’ concerns that the Affordable Care Act could become a “train wreck” if it’s not implemented properly.

Reid warned that people will not be able to choose health insurance plans on government health exchanges if federal authorities lack the resources to set them up and educate the public.

“Max said unless we implement this properly it’s going to be a train wreck and I agree with him,” Reid said, echoing a warning delivered last month by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.).

Reid warned the federal government is not spending enough money to implement the law because of Republican opposition to ObamaCare.

“Here’s what we have now, we have the menu but we don’t have any way to get to the menu,” Reid said.

Reid made his comments during an hour-long interview on The Rusty Humphries Show broadcast Wednesday afternoon from Las Vegas.

The shortage of funding to implement the law has forced President Obama to shift funds from other parts of the law.

“The president is taking money, I wish we had the money just to do this on its own but he’s agreed, he’s determined he’s going to take money from some of the other things that he feels are less important in the healthcare bill and put it on letting you and others know what’s in the bill,” Reid told a caller to the show.

Reid defended the need for the law, which dramatically expanded federal healthcare subsidies for the uninsured.

“I believe that a country of our size, the only superpower left in the world — it’s not right that we have 50-60 million people … with no health insurance,” he said. “We have to have a program where health insurance shouldn’t go to people who are rich, people who are upper-middle class. I believe the middle class and people below the middle class deserve to go to the hospital when they’re sick.”

Reid said he was well familiar with the law, which spanned as long as 2,000 pages when it was a bill, before it passed.

“Of course I read it. I didn’t sit down on a Friday evening and read it. This legislation was drafted over a period of months and months,” he said. “I can pass a test on it, I knew the law pretty well.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/29733...g-a-train-wreck

#3236653 - 05/01/13 08:00 PM Re: Reid "obamacare trainwreck coming...need money" [Re: Crappie Luck]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

he is ful of crap

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3236693 - 05/01/13 08:37 PM Re: Reid "obamacare trainwreck coming...need money" [Re: Stalkhunter]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

More money down the rathole.....

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
102 registered (SudberrySlayer13, SKFOOTER, Kingston, Ahuntin1, THEdonkey0515, HDUKE1986, 15 invisible) and 162 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91339 Topics
1067802 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.