Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 13 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3235714 - 04/30/13 03:49 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: Tennessee Todd]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

First take a hard look at yourself. (don't answer here but think about these things)

1. Are you even looking for a serious long term/permanent relationship?
2. Are you interested in getting married?
3. Did you love her initially?
4. Did the WOW wear off and now the relationship is work?
5. Are you doing YOUR 100% to keep the relationship healthy?

There is a HUGE difference between "just dating" and looking for a life long mate. This sounds clinical but you will have to spend some personal time making a list of deal breakers and gotta have's for your serious committed relationship.
Important stuff like religious beliefs, kids, work, politics, Family issues......

Once the " Wheeeeee! this is fun!" Wears off, relationships are work and sacrifice. Keeping them fun is hard and it is easy to let things settle into a comfortable routine and get boring.

IF you have done the soul searching and she makes it past the deal breaker part of the screening process, then ask yourself....Why are you kicking her to the curb?
Perhaps the problem IS her, Perhaps it is You?

If it is because of a deal breaker, man up and talk with her. She will feel better about the break up, You will feel better about yourself, and both of you will be better people afterwards.

If its because of YOU.... the decision is much tougher. Do you talk with her about your issues? Do you suck it up and keep going? Do you try and work through whatever is making you want to leave?

Hope this helps and I wish you the best moving forward.

#3235718 - 04/30/13 03:51 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: fishboy1]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

Her mom hot? That would definitely be a deal breaker.
#3235739 - 04/30/13 04:17 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: Eric Kilby]
Harold Money jr
4 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Tell her you saw the strangest thing in the tndeer general forum when she see's your post, she'll get the hint.
#3235755 - 04/30/13 04:48 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: Harold Money jr]
shelbydeer
8 Point

Loc: memphis

Do it now , it only gets tougher as time goes by , don't keep her going if u know the end result
#3235757 - 04/30/13 04:51 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: shelbydeer]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

Don't drag it out. You ever seen "Fatal Attraction"? Heard the name Lorena Bobbit?
#3235759 - 04/30/13 04:54 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: Harold Money jr]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

Have the talk, you may be surprised what you BOTH have to say....

#3235764 - 04/30/13 05:06 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: fishboy1]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
First take a hard look at yourself. (don't answer here but think about these things)

1. Are you even looking for a serious long term/permanent relationship?
2. Are you interested in getting married?
3. Did you love her initially?
4. Did the WOW wear off and now the relationship is work?
5. Are you doing YOUR 100% to keep the relationship healthy?

There is a HUGE difference between "just dating" and looking for a life long mate. This sounds clinical but you will have to spend some personal time making a list of deal breakers and gotta have's for your serious committed relationship.
Important stuff like religious beliefs, kids, work, politics, Family issues......

Once the " Wheeeeee! this is fun!" Wears off, relationships are work and sacrifice. Keeping them fun is hard and it is easy to let things settle into a comfortable routine and get boring.

IF you have done the soul searching and she makes it past the deal breaker part of the screening process, then ask yourself....Why are you kicking her to the curb?
Perhaps the problem IS her, Perhaps it is You?

If it is because of a deal breaker, man up and talk with her. She will feel better about the break up, You will feel better about yourself, and both of you will be better people afterwards.

If its because of YOU.... the decision is much tougher. Do you talk with her about your issues? Do you suck it up and keep going? Do you try and work through whatever is making you want to leave?

Hope this helps and I wish you the best moving forward.

This is good advice. A lot of people are terrible at looking at a situation objectively, and always externalize problems. If you have the ability to see your situation with a wide-angle lens and swallow pride, you can learn a lot about yourself.

I, for one, had no idea how selfish I was until I got married and had kids, then got irritated at not having any time to do anything. It seems worse in America - we want everything without having to give up anything or work especially hard for it.

Spend some time trying to figure out what you want. If you are worried about your impact on her, then I guarantee you this - the thing that helps the recipient of that kind of news get over it the most is when there is a reason. Otherwise, she'll just be questioning herself, you, and the whole situation for a long time. If you give her the courtesy of trying to pin-point something that's a real deal-breaker before dumping her, it will help her "digest" the news better in the long run...and hate you less \:\)

#3235790 - 04/30/13 05:50 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: Crosshairy]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

The first thing to do is set down out in the woods & try to figure out what love is,not your love mom & dad & brother/sister,but the other kind & sex has nothing to do with it.The first thing you will decide is if she is a good person ,my wife is the best lady I know,it started there then I got to know her ,she is my best freind.If she cant be your best freind you may want to keep looking for the 1,good luck & a lot of folks never find theirs,we have been married over 28 years

#3235791 - 04/30/13 05:55 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: preds1]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

Fart at dinner, many times, in public.

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3235794 - 04/30/13 06:06 PM Re: Odd relationshhip question.. [Re: strutandrut]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Post up a couple pics, somebody might would like to have a women like you described.

Page 5 of 13 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (Deerbuster1996, Inkstainz, Big Pop, TN RDG RNR, Tracker56, backroads, 11 invisible) and 101 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91763 Topics
1072403 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.122 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.