Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3235746 - 04/30/13 04:32 PM Email from Alexander( worthless)
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Dear Greg,

Thanks very much for getting in touch with me and letting me know what’s on your mind regarding the right to bear arms.

I’m a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights and I received an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association in their most recent ranking of my voting record. Congress should strongly defend our right to keep and bear arms, not pass laws that take away these rights from law abiding citizens and leave criminals to terrorize the streets. Good citizens don’t abuse guns – criminals do. I will continue fighting to protect the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans, and oppose efforts to overturn the Second Amendment.

I also believe that those of us who oppose efforts to restrict gun rights should be willing to stand up on the Senate floor and defend those rights. I supported a motion to permit debate on this subject because I am always ready to defend and debate the Second Amendment Constitutional rights of Tennesseans.

Overall, I was proud of the debate that we had, and pleased that the Senate rejected efforts to weaken the 2nd Amendment. I opposed the Toomey-Manchin amendment to expand background checks and the Feinstein amendment on so-called “assault weapons” because I believe they would have infringed on our Second Amendment rights.

I am grateful you took the time to let me know where you stand. I’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind as Second Amendment rights are discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee.

Sincerely,
Lamar

My responce

Sir

How can you say you defend our 2nd Ammendments, you were voting yes on the bill for gun control and you changed your vote after being hammered with emails and phone calls. I watch you and coker change your vote just before the vote was to be taken.

I will do everything in my power to get you and coker out of office. You should be ashamed of yourself for the email you just sent. why dont your write one yourself instead of sending an auto reply email. I got this one you sent to me before.

You Sir are a disgrace to this state, I will also do everything i can to get the Governor out of offices as well. I will speak out and campaign against you all.

Maybe you should watch Last Ounce of Courage, why because you Sir have none( COURAGE). That Mayor could teach you what it is.

Greg

#3235753 - 04/30/13 04:45 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: Stalkhunter]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Good for you. I don't know what can be done other than voting Dem or libertarian. I am for voting Libertarian (small govt) but if we do the Dems will win for sure, so almost have to vote Dem to get them out. I wonder if we wrote the republican National party HQ and told them either put 3 new candidates up for election or we will vote Dem, if they would pressure them to step down.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3235787 - 04/30/13 05:47 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: Bone Collector]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Did you mean Corker? I am not aware of any elected officials named Coker.

#3235800 - 04/30/13 06:15 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
Did you mean Corker? I am not aware of any elected officials named Coker.

Coker corker really any differance, I cought it in the email lol.

#3235825 - 04/30/13 07:03 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: Stalkhunter]
jos3ywales
14 Point

Loc: Norris Dam

99% chance he never read your letter / email his (PPL) read his mail then send out responses in his name I am bout feed up with both of them my self with there wishy washy voting

"Let God in he will save you all you have to do is ask"

"I'm a legend in my own mind"

Jos3ywales

#3235849 - 04/30/13 07:31 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: jos3ywales]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

I am sure your right. But something got thru to him because he changed his vote. I am a minnow in a big pond. But I am biting like a shark.

#3235872 - 04/30/13 07:49 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: Stalkhunter]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

i got the very same response I wanted to have explain what he voted for why he says it is so they can debate?
#3235989 - 04/30/13 10:55 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: waynesworld]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

i got in an argument with one of his assistants . the young man want me to know why he voted yes. i told him i understood fully. after back and forth with more of the same i left him with message that tennessee is ticked off with him . vote em out and replace with paul/cruz wanna be's
#3235993 - 04/30/13 11:09 PM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: utfan1]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

It's pretty easy to understand if you don't have an agenda. Alexander counted the votes and knew it would fail if voted on. Rather than playing the procedural game, he voted to bring it to the floor where he knew it would be defeated.

Then, rather than having umpteen months of rhetoric about the Republicans being obstructionists to a "vote of the people", he helped the Republicans hand Obama one of his biggest defeats to date and put the issue to rest for the time being.

Alexander should be applauded for having the cohones to play hard ball politics.

Unless you have an agenda....

#3236002 - 05/01/13 12:18 AM Re: Email from Alexander( worthless) [Re: scn]
Paul Burns
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Westport--- Carroll County Tn

Speaking of the two of them. Next week they will vote on the deal to tax us on the things ordered over the internet. Call and e-mail them to quite supporting something that will cost us ten percent on every internet order.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (finz50, ram1) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.