Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3235268 - 04/29/13 11:29 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
chip
6 Point

Loc: spring hill

Not sure of one in memphis , but the nashville one is good .
#3235359 - 04/30/13 07:56 AM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: chip
Hattie B's hot chicken
112 19th ave s nashville

It's across from fly south , we eat there atleast once a week .

heard of that.isnt there one in memphis as well

You're probably thinking about Gus's fried Chicken

#3235539 - 04/30/13 12:11 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: BuckWild]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

I just got back from Chattanooga for a few days.

We ate at Lupi's Pizza downtown, and I was really impressed. I had a calzone that was excellent, and my wife and kids shared a pizza that was also very good.

Sticky Fingers, also downtown, had a good selection of barbecue. I had the ribs, and would eat them again. They leave bottles of all their sauces at the table so that you can taste test them and decide what you like. Texture and meat quality was also above average. My wife's chopped pork sandwich was good, but nothing compared to Payne's in Memphis.

#3235575 - 04/30/13 01:01 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Crosshairy]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

Martin's bbq in Nolensville or Mt Juliet. I know the Nolensville location does whole hog on weekends. Usually ready around 3 or so. Took my boys (3 & 6 at the time) one Saturday and they were pulling the meat off. The staff let them stand by and watch and was handing them huge chunks of meat from the hog. My sons thought it was so cool to eat like that.
#3235592 - 04/30/13 01:23 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Crosshairy]
Crosshairy
10 Point

There are no shortage of southern and barbecue-style restaurants around Memphis. I have a few random ones to throw out that do not involve those food types, since others will probably give more input there.

Given that this is a relatively big city and very food-oriented, you could spend a week eating here non-stop just trying to cover all the good places. You have a lot of picking and choosing to do!

Sushi - Bluefin (downtown on Main Street). It's relatively expensive, but if you go for lunch, they offer half price sushi rolls based off chef's selection that you pick from a tray as they are prepared. It's still hard to stay under $15 per person, because you always want to try one of their high-end (more expensive) rolls. Very good stuff. Best sushi in town, I think.

Italian - Bruno's (in Bartlett, a large suburb on the NE corner of Memphis), is a newer place that I stumbled upon last year, and I've been very impressed. It's in an old barbecue restaurant, and is one of those places where you can get great food without waiting long for a table since it hasn't gotten popular yet.

Italian - PaPa Pia's (downtown, on Union Avenue. Closed for lunch as of this year). They are mostly known for their flatbreads, but I generally recommend this place for high quality food without high prices. Their Barbecue Chicken Alfredo Pizza is the last thing I ate there - weird, but tasty.

Chinese - Chang's House (also in Bartlett) is a long-standing establishment in a tiny strip mall one block off the main road through town. Order the chicken fried rice, spring rolls, and anything else to go with it. Expect to have leftovers due to large portion sizes.

American (high-end) - Flight (downtown on Monroe & Main Street). Lunch is affordable ($10-15), dinner is fairly high ($25-35). They offer "flights" of meals, which means you get three smaller servings of food that follow a single theme, instead of a single entree. They have really cool menu items, including fresh seafood, elk, buffalo, duck, and some really tasty Cajun dishes. Perfect for someone who can't make up their mind about what they want to order. Romantic atmosphere for dinner, unless you are traveling with dudes...

Cajun - Deja Vu (just south of downtown, in the hood). A hole-in-the-wall lunch establishment. Get there before 11:30 or you might not get a table. Order the etoufee if you want something tasty and reliable. Check out all the pictures of the celebrities on the wall for a smile.

#3235593 - 04/30/13 01:27 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Crosshairy]
beechnut
12 Point

Loc: DRUMMONDS TN 38023

Is Brunos at the old Pig and Whistle?

#3235627 - 04/30/13 02:03 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: beechnut]
John3
4 Point

Loc: West TN

Gus's fried chicken
Hwy 70 mason tn

Log cabin restaurant I guess it's perry county right on I-40. Somewhere around mile marker 143 i think. Decent southern food but they have a homemade buttermilk pie that is worth a road trip.

Edited by John3 (04/30/13 02:06 PM)

#3235633 - 04/30/13 02:08 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: beechnut]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: beechnut
Is Brunos at the old Pig and Whistle?

Yep, that's the place.

The service is a tad slow sometimes, but the food is good enough that I've gone three times now.

#3235640 - 04/30/13 02:15 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Crosshairy]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
There are no shortage of southern and barbecue-style restaurants around Memphis. I have a few random ones to throw out that do not involve those food types, since others will probably give more input there.

Given that this is a relatively big city and very food-oriented, you could spend a week eating here non-stop just trying to cover all the good places. You have a lot of picking and choosing to do!

Sushi - Bluefin (downtown on Main Street). It's relatively expensive, but if you go for lunch, they offer half price sushi rolls based off chef's selection that you pick from a tray as they are prepared. It's still hard to stay under $15 per person, because you always want to try one of their high-end (more expensive) rolls. Very good stuff. Best sushi in town, I think.

Italian - Bruno's (in Bartlett, a large suburb on the NE corner of Memphis), is a newer place that I stumbled upon last year, and I've been very impressed. It's in an old barbecue restaurant, and is one of those places where you can get great food without waiting long for a table since it hasn't gotten popular yet.

Italian - PaPa Pia's (downtown, on Union Avenue. Closed for lunch as of this year). They are mostly known for their flatbreads, but I generally recommend this place for high quality food without high prices. Their Barbecue Chicken Alfredo Pizza is the last thing I ate there - weird, but tasty.

Chinese - Chang's House (also in Bartlett) is a long-standing establishment in a tiny strip mall one block off the main road through town. Order the chicken fried rice, spring rolls, and anything else to go with it. Expect to have leftovers due to large portion sizes.

American (high-end) - Flight (downtown on Monroe & Main Street). Lunch is affordable ($10-15), dinner is fairly high ($25-35). They offer "flights" of meals, which means you get three smaller servings of food that follow a single theme, instead of a single entree. They have really cool menu items, including fresh seafood, elk, buffalo, duck, and some really tasty Cajun dishes. Perfect for someone who can't make up their mind about what they want to order. Romantic atmosphere for dinner, unless you are traveling with dudes...

Cajun - Deja Vu (just south of downtown, in the hood). A hole-in-the-wall lunch establishment. Get there before 11:30 or you might not get a table. Order the etoufee if you want something tasty and reliable. Check out all the pictures of the celebrities on the wall for a smile.

You are going out on a limb to assume that Redblood eats Sushi... or Chinese. \:o

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3235754 - 04/30/13 04:45 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Poser]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Poser,
I definitely had that thought when writing about Bluefin, LOL

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
48 registered (biglefty20, DirtyBear0311, Setterman, TRIGGER, Bowdacious, bigluresonly, 6 invisible) and 80 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93346 Topics
1089930 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.115 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.