Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3257431 - 05/29/13 06:47 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Living2Hunt]
Bootlegger
4 Point

Loc: Crossville,TN

Originally Posted By: Living2Hunt
Im sure they are going to be awesome! I shot chisel tips last year. I killed 4 deer with them last year. Over 20 in last 6 years with a rage broadhead and never had any go over 40 yards with massive blood trails. People will say this and that about penetration. Blah blah blah! Its all about shot placement! I have a 26" draw length and shoot 62#. I have shot thru shoulders too, although i dobt reccommend that with any broadhead! I live the new design bc of the stainless ferrul instead alunimum. Good luck!
I agree...love the no 0 rings as well.

Roll Tide!

#3258008 - 05/30/13 01:30 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Bootlegger]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Bootlegger
The Hypodermics don't have the O-ring...that is what I like about them. I shoot Swhackers most of the time..but have had great luck with Rage. Some nasty blood trails. Not sure how anyone don't get a good blood trail with them...lol.

Another thing with the Rage's is that the blades often get bent beyond repair after hitting bone. I've seen blades bent and severely knicked.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3258040 - 05/30/13 02:15 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Poser]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

i dont buy all the rage hating crap! shot buck from 18 yards on ground entered low neck high brisket (ohh no a frontal shot with a bow!!!) arrow was hanging out butt by the fletchings, deer ran total of 28 yards this was with rage 2 blade a 55lb pse brute x.blood looked like it had been poured out of bucket.every angle that i have put a rage through a deer it has been out the other side with a huge hole on both sides!!!i do limit my shots to 35 yards and have never had problem with 55lb and rage 2 blade!! let the hateing begin lol

#3258844 - 05/31/13 05:55 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: knightrider]
Bootlegger
4 Point

Originally Posted By: knightrider
i dont buy all the rage hating crap! shot buck from 18 yards on ground entered low neck high brisket (ohh no a frontal shot with a bow!!!) arrow was hanging out butt by the fletchings, deer ran total of 28 yards this was with rage 2 blade a 55lb pse brute x.blood looked like it had been poured out of bucket.every angle that i have put a rage through a deer it has been out the other side with a huge hole on both sides!!!i do limit my shots to 35 yards and have never had problem with 55lb and rage 2 blade!! let the hateing begin lol

No hating from me...lol. I've had great luck with them. I shoot Swhackers more and lots hate them...lol. All the new heads like Rage, Killzone and others seem to work great to me. I've never had an issue with a Mechanical head. I don't like the over the top heads though...but that is just me. I don't how anyone could shoot a Rage and not have a nasty blood trail. I think it's one of those things where someone hears something bad...then gets on the wagon...lol.

Roll Tide!

#3258854 - 05/31/13 06:14 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Bootlegger]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: Bootlegger
 Originally Posted By: knightrider

No hating from me...lol. I've had great luck with them. I shoot Swhackers more and lots hate them...lol. All the new heads like Rage, Killzone and others seem to work great to me. I've never had an issue with a Mechanical head. I don't like the over the top heads though...but that is just me. I don't how anyone could shoot a Rage and not have a nasty blood trail. I think it's one of those things where someone hears something bad...then gets on the wagon...lol.

No hating from me either....try utter disgust and hellfire and brimstones for the darn things. Used them twice when they first came out, even though I knew better. First was admittedly a poor shot that was too far back,a liver shot that left virtually no blood trail and the doe ran off with the darn thing inside of her—it can't even penetrate a gut shot...LOL (hate on that). Second, was a good hit right in the crease—once again....virtually no blood and no exit and the doe exited stage left with my arrow and she ran 400 yards. It appeared only one blade opened from the size of the hole. Got home threw the other in trash and trash them every chance I get—the only thing they do good is marketing IMO.

#3259010 - 05/31/13 10:19 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: TNDeerGuy]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Fear the Reaper lol

#3259123 - 06/01/13 08:25 AM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: UTGrad]
Bootlegger
4 Point

All I can speak from is experience I have had...and mine was nasty holes,entry & exit on all of mine and bloodtrails. I have only shot the Chisel tips so far. I'm sure I'll have the same great luck with the Hypodermics. Not sure what kinda bow everyone is shooting...but I would not suggest a low poundage slow shooting bow.

Roll Tide!

#3259505 - 06/01/13 08:39 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Bootlegger]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Loc: TN

Ive shot over 20 deer since 07 with them. Never had one problem. I shoot 62 pounds and mine pass thru almost all the time. Its all about shot placment and ke. Most shoot too light of an arrow. I shoot epics. 26" arrow. Most people that make bad shots blame the broadhead. There all made to kill if u hit the deer where ur suppose too! And i shapern my blades too! I get alot of use out of mine. Ive killed 4 yotes and 4 turkeys with them too. All died quick! SHOT PLACEMENT!
#3259507 - 06/01/13 08:43 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: UTGrad]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
Fear the Reaper lol

Ut, have i not given u enough proof to shoot a rage!! Lol! That grim is a good broadhead too!

#3259544 - 06/01/13 09:22 PM Re: Rage Hypodermic [Re: Living2Hunt]
Bootlegger
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Living2Hunt
Ive shot over 20 deer since 07 with them. Never had one problem. I shoot 62 pounds and mine pass thru almost all the time. Its all about shot placment and ke. Most shoot too light of an arrow. I shoot epics. 26" arrow. Most people that make bad shots blame the broadhead. There all made to kill if u hit the deer where ur suppose too! And i shapern my blades too! I get alot of use out of mine. Ive killed 4 yotes and 4 turkeys with them too. All died quick! SHOT PLACEMENT!

Couldn't agree more..!

Roll Tide!

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (larasea, vanleerbuckbuster, Yotehntr, Tenn.Guy, redheadshooter) and 68 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.