#3235785 - 04/30/13 05:42 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
I was surprised Tebow was ever drafted as a guarterback in the NFL. I am not surprised he was let go.

Now Bucky, why were you surprised that he was drafted as an NFL QB?
I despise the Gators - truly - but thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man plow thru and pass his way to where he got before I ever even knew much about his faith etc.. I was convinced early that he'd go Pro provided he didn't get his neck broken in college plowing down the field so often.
Was it his unique technique as a college QB that made so many think he'd never make it?

He was a great college q back. I thought his technique as a college player would not fit or (work) in the NFL. I believe also being left handed hurt him (JMO)He was a heck of a college player though. As far as his faith, i admire the kid.

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
I was surprised Tebow was ever drafted as a guarterback in the NFL. I am not surprised he was let go.

Now Bucky, why were you surprised that he was drafted as an NFL QB?
I despise the Gators - truly - but thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man plow thru and pass his way to where he got before I ever even knew much about his faith etc.. I was convinced early that he'd go Pro provided he didn't get his neck broken in college plowing down the field so often.
Was it his unique technique as a college QB that made so many think he'd never make it?

He was a great college q back. I thought his technique as a college player would not fit or (work) in the NFL. I believe also being left handed hurt him (JMO)He was a heck of a college player though. As far as his faith, i admire the kid.

I think a lot of folks felt the same way too - you're right, his QB technique was unusual but man was it college level effective. I still wish he'd have had more opportunity to prove himself as an NFL QB.. I think his unique qualities would have paid off had he kept his head attached \:\) in the process.

#3235788 - 04/30/13 05:47 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: de novo]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: de novo
Whether Tebow has the tools to be a pro football quarterback is a subjective topic. What can't be argued are facts from the 2011 season (the only chance he was given to display his skills) and his college football career.

Tebow took over for a 1-4 team in a tailspin in 2011. He led them to a division title, a playoff victory over the defending Super Bowl champs, and into the second round of the playoffs. His critics will argue that the defense and the run game carried the team and they won in spite of Tebow. However, this same defense and running game carried the team to the 1-4 record.

Statistically, in his first year as a starter his stats (yes, even passing numbers) were far better than John Elway's and many of his vocal media critics especially Boomer Esiason. To not be given an opportunity last year in New York under the mediocre Sanchez was disgraceful.

Good post.
If Tebow came had initially came out as gay, or muslim, I'd bet that the same people that want him to fail now would do everything possible to see that he got to play. And, the washed up NBA player that came out will get a new contract, or millions in endorsements.

#3236135 - 05/01/13 08:16 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Tim reminds me of an ex-Steeler QB, Kordell Stewart. Good kid, great athlete that started out playing receiver and gadget man, but insisted on playing QB because that was what he played in college. The Steelers let him play QB and they won nothing with him at that position. They eventually cut him because he sucked as a passer. He could play football and imo would have made probowls and maybe the HOF as a football player, but never as a QB.

Tim Tebow has been spoiled his entire life. yes, he worked hard to get to where he is now, but his path was much easier than most.

Tim was home schooled. In accordance with Florida state laws, he got to play for any team in the state that he wanted, if he and his mother would live in the county during the school year, so they did. He refused to play for the county he was actually borned in lived in because the coach didn't want him to play QB, but instead TE or another position. So, as you can see, Tim got his way from the start. Not only did he not have to actually attend the high school that he played for, but he got to pick the school that he wanted to play for.....You can see where this is going, right?

Sure, we all know what he did at Florida and that's all fine and good, but as football fans know, that does not always transfer well in to the pro style of offense.

Tim was drafted by the Broncos and from day one he became a media darling. He inspired a decent team to play well and with a bit of fortunate breaks along the way, they made the playoffs and beat my Steelers in Denver. A game that no one saw coming, especially me...lol. What people forget is all the breaks that Denver got along the way to even make the playoffs. So much so that some of the media was calling it "divine intervention"...lol. Many of the games that Denver won during that run were simply fortunate wins, in every way.

As far as the media scrutiny that Tim gets and why, well, here's my theory.

First off, Tim worked hard but he also had a mostly easy path to get to where he is today. Sheltered life, great parents and the ability to pick and choose his path. He never had to fight through the inner city school systems and work to get out of poverty and make it on his own. He was home schooled, so he never had to worry about the normal high school pressures and distractions that normal kids face.

The media didn't attack Tim for his faith, but more for the way ESPN and others put him up on a pedestal from day one. Every day from the day he was drafted, ESPN ran stories on him...every single day. When he was a senior in high school, ESPN did an hour long special on him, following his entire senior year....really??? Have any other high school players received that much attention????? NO!

He had not achieved one single thing in the NFL and his face was on the cover of every magazine and he was a part of every single news cast every day. Not Tim's fault, but then again , Tim took advantage of every thing the media gave him and never once refused to do an ad or an interview because he realized that he had not achieved anything yet, in the NFL.

THAT is why many people wanted the silver spooned golden boy to fail, not because of religion. But, religious people took the fact that he was a Christian and made it all about that, as they always do.

When Denver cut Tebow and he CHOSE to go to New York, the media center of the world, he had a LIVE news conference when he arrived there.....really? He was a backup QB for the Jets and was officially the first backup QB to ever have a LIVE news conference when he changed teams......in the history of the NFL, he was the first.....lol. Again, THAT is why other players and some in the media want him to fail, not because of his religion.

I wish I had a dime for every time an athlete said this when interviewed..." First of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"....not just NFL players but ALL ATHLETES!! Next time that you watch a pro football game, count how many times, after a big play, the athlete points to the heavens.....it would be much easier to count how many times they don't, I assure you.

Many people are not serious sports fans and so they only really know what the media tells them. To you I'd like to say that Tim Tebow is NOT the only Christian player that has ever lived and Tim is not the only GOOD GUY that ever played professional sports. All of the professional leagues are full of good guys and some that are very religious as well. The thing is that in many cases, the media only reports what they deem as NEWS and what they think will sell papers.

Tim is a media darling.....since he was cut, ESPN and every single news media has been all over the story. Again, he was a backup that got traded and a backup that played on 7% of the jets plays last season . How many backups or maybe even third string players would get that much attention if not for being TIM TEBOW, media darling. NONE.....and THAT is why many people want him to fail. NOT because he's a Christian athlete.

I like to call Tim the NFL's version of "THE KARDASHIANS".....you either love him or you hate him, but the simple fact is that no one knows what he did to get so much attention....

AS for me, I like Tim as a person and think that one day he will do something truly NEWS WORTHY, like save a kid from a burning building or whatever, but for now, he needs to be a football player and not a spoiled little brat that wants to play QB or he'll take his football and go home..!

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3236151 - 05/01/13 08:47 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Bottom Hunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Quote-[BottomHunter]I wish I had a dime for every time an athlete said this when interviewed..." First of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"....not just NFL players but ALL ATHLETES!! Next time that you watch a pro football game, count how many times, after a big play, the athlete points to the heavens.....it would be much easier to count how many times they don't, I assure you.[end quote]

Most are just pointing toward the scoreboard...

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3236159 - 05/01/13 08:59 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
Tim reminds me of an ex-Steeler QB, Kordell Stewart. Good kid, great athlete that started out playing receiver and gadget man, but insisted on playing QB because that was what he played in college. The Steelers let him play QB and they won nothing with him at that position. They eventually cut him because he sucked as a passer. He could play football and imo would have made probowls and maybe the HOF as a football player, but never as a QB.

Tim Tebow has been spoiled his entire life. yes, he worked hard to get to where he is now, but his path was much easier than most.

Tim was home schooled. In accordance with Florida state laws, he got to play for any team in the state that he wanted, if he and his mother would live in the county during the school year, so they did. He refused to play for the county he was actually borned in lived in because the coach didn't want him to play QB, but instead TE or another position. So, as you can see, Tim got his way from the start. Not only did he not have to actually attend the high school that he played for, but he got to pick the school that he wanted to play for.....You can see where this is going, right?

Sure, we all know what he did at Florida and that's all fine and good, but as football fans know, that does not always transfer well in to the pro style of offense.

Tim was drafted by the Broncos and from day one he became a media darling. He inspired a decent team to play well and with a bit of fortunate breaks along the way, they made the playoffs and beat my Steelers in Denver. A game that no one saw coming, especially me...lol. What people forget is all the breaks that Denver got along the way to even make the playoffs. So much so that some of the media was calling it "divine intervention"...lol. Many of the games that Denver won during that run were simply fortunate wins, in every way.

First off, Tim worked hard but he also had a mostly easy path to get to where he is today. Sheltered life, great parents and the ability to pick and choose his path. He never had to fight through the inner city school systems and work to get out of poverty and make it on his own. He was home schooled, so he never had to worry about the normal high school pressures and distractions that normal kids face.

The media didn't attack Tim for his faith, but more for the way ESPN and others put him up on a pedestal from day one. Every day from the day he was drafted, ESPN ran stories on him...every single day. When he was a senior in high school, ESPN did an hour long special on him, following his entire senior year....really??? Have any other high school players received that much attention????? NO!

He had not achieved one single thing in the NFL and his face was on the cover of every magazine and he was a part of every single news cast every day. Not Tim's fault, but then again , Tim took advantage of every thing the media gave him and never once refused to do an ad or an interview because he realized that he had not achieved anything yet, in the NFL.

THAT is why many people wanted the silver spooned golden boy to fail, not because of religion. But, religious people took the fact that he was a Christian and made it all about that, as they always do.

When Denver cut Tebow and he CHOSE to go to New York, the media center of the world, he had a LIVE news conference when he arrived there.....really? He was a backup QB for the Jets and was officially the first backup QB to ever have a LIVE news conference when he changed teams......in the history of the NFL, he was the first.....lol. Again, THAT is why other players and some in the media want him to fail, not because of his religion.

I wish I had a dime for every time an athlete said this when interviewed..." First of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"....not just NFL players but ALL ATHLETES!! Next time that you watch a pro football game, count how many times, after a big play, the athlete points to the heavens.....it would be much easier to count how many times they don't, I assure you.

Many people are not serious sports fans and so they only really know what the media tells them. To you I'd like to say that Tim Tebow is NOT the only Christian player that has ever lived and Tim is not the only GOOD GUY that ever played professional sports. All of the professional leagues are full of good guys and some that are very religious as well. The thing is that in many cases, the media only reports what they deem as NEWS and what they think will sell papers.

Tim is a media darling.....since he was cut, ESPN and every single news media has been all over the story. Again, he was a backup that got traded and a backup that played on 7% of the jets plays last season . How many backups or maybe even third string players would get that much attention if not for being TIM TEBOW, media darling. NONE.....and THAT is why many people want him to fail. NOT because he's a Christian athlete.

I like to call Tim the NFL's version of "THE KARDASHIANS".....you either love him or you hate him, but the simple fact is that no one knows what he did to get so much attention....

AS for me, I like Tim as a person and think that one day he will do something truly NEWS WORTHY, like save a kid from a burning building or whatever, but for now, he needs to be a football player and not a spoiled little brat that wants to play QB or he'll take his football and go home..!

This is probably the dumbest post I've ever read on Tndeer. (other than most of mine) You obvioulsy know very little about Tebow. So, if Tim was a black, poor inner city kid that didn't get all the breaks and get to pick and choose what school he played for, then you would think he had earned his stripes?

LOL. People like you are the reason NBA queers are "hero's".

#3236163 - 05/01/13 09:06 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Tennessee Todd]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd
Blah blah blah blah...

This is probably the dumbest post I've ever read on Tndeer. (other than most of mine)

...So, please refrain from quoting - it completely negates the effect of:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

\:D
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3236210 - 05/01/13 09:52 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

This is probably the dumbest post I've ever read on Tndeer. (other than most of mine) You obvioulsy know very little about Tebow. So, if Tim was a black, poor inner city kid that didn't get all the breaks and get to pick and choose what school he played for, then you would think he had earned his stripes?

LOL oh and, X2

#3236225 - 05/01/13 10:11 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ImThere]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Tebow was a force to be reckoned with in college days, you knew he was going to run the ball, but could never stop him.
I also believe that he would be better served to play a different position in the NFL.
I agree with BH on the Cordell Stewart part, but I disagree on the other BS.
I wish him the best of luck.

Puppet Boy G8rntn is bought and paid for!!

#3236227 - 05/01/13 10:12 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Bottom Hunter]
westtntoms
8 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

You can see where this is going, right?

Uh, yeah, bout 10 or 11 sentences ago, (hard to tell exactly where some end....).

#3236258 - 05/01/13 10:44 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Tennessee Todd]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

While there is some stiff competition this is also the dumbest post I've read on tndeer that I care to recall.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
29 registered (dralarms, bigjohn, Great White Stalker, MUP, Model70Man, ruger7mag, 7 invisible) and 76 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90926 Topics
1062497 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.