Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3235218 - 04/29/13 09:44 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Kimber45]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
I was surprised Tebow was ever drafted as a guarterback in the NFL. I am not surprised he was let go.

Now Bucky, why were you surprised that he was drafted as an NFL QB?
I despise the Gators - truly - but thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man plow thru and pass his way to where he got before I ever even knew much about his faith etc.. I was convinced early that he'd go Pro provided he didn't get his neck broken in college plowing down the field so often.
Was it his unique technique as a college QB that made so many think he'd never make it?

I wasn't surprised that he was drafted, but I still believe Charlie Ward (FSU QB and Heisman winner) was a better NFL prospect than Tebow, and he went undrafted.

#3235235 - 04/29/13 10:12 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Football Hunter]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

he has gotten too muscular. that kills a qb. a lot of teams wont touch him because of his desire to pump iron to excess

#3235236 - 04/29/13 10:13 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: farmin68]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: farmin68
I was surprised Tebow was ever drafted as a guarterback in the NFL. I am not surprised he was let go.

I despise the Gators - truly - but thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man plow thru and pass his way to where he got before I ever even knew much about his faith etc.. I was convinced early that he'd go Pro provided he didn't get his neck broken in college plowing down the field so often.
Was it his unique technique as a college QB that made so many think he'd never make it?

I wasn't surprised that he was drafted, but I still believe Charlie Ward (FSU QB and Heisman winner) was a better NFL prospect than Tebow, and he went undrafted.

i dont think ward was much of a prospect either. no arm strength, but he did make a pretty fair point guard

#3235249 - 04/29/13 10:44 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: redblood]
farmin68
16 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: farmin68

i dont think ward was much of a prospect either. no arm strength, but he did make a pretty fair point guard

Agreed. I just believe Ward was a better pro football prospect than Tebow. Of course that isn't really saying a lot.

#3235252 - 04/29/13 10:45 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: redblood]
farmin68
16 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
he has gotten too muscular. that kills a qb. a lot of teams wont touch him because of his desire to pump iron to excess

Wish I was as bulked up as he is. I would have to beat the chicks off with a stick.

#3235274 - 04/30/13 12:00 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Great person, great college QB.

Reminds me of Eric Crouch from a pro football perspective.

#3235348 - 04/30/13 07:31 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

I think if he had the ability to be a successful NFL Quarterback, his religious views would be irrelevant. If a person could win a Superbowl for a team it wouldn't matter if they were Christan, gay, Black, white, a rapist, a right wing extremist, Muslim, or anything else. Anyone, no matter what their beliefs, with that level of talent would be on the field period.

Great guy natural leader with a bright future. He will be very successful at something, just not...as a NFL QB.

Edited by BamaProud (04/30/13 07:39 AM)

#3235368 - 04/30/13 08:10 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: BamaProud]
ImThere
10 Point

Loc: Lewisburg, Tn

He should have won the superbowl in Denver then he might have had a chance. I like the guy hope he has a successful career no matter what he ends up doing

Good morals and a good kid i say, wish him the best

#3235415 - 04/30/13 09:21 AM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ImThere]
Viper (tp)
14 Point

Loc: greenfield, tenn.

Running QBs have a very short career in the NFL. Yes some have lasted more than others but you have to sometime learn to throw the ball.

He is a good athelete, I will agree, Like Someone said in an earlier post I think he would make a good Tightend for someone!

#3235545 - 04/30/13 12:23 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Viper (tp)]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Whether Tebow has the tools to be a pro football quarterback is a subjective topic. What can't be argued are facts from the 2011 season (the only chance he was given to display his skills) and his college football career.

Tebow took over for a 1-4 team in a tailspin in 2011. He led them to a division title, a playoff victory over the defending Super Bowl champs, and into the second round of the playoffs. His critics will argue that the defense and the run game carried the team and they won in spite of Tebow. However, this same defense and running game carried the team to the 1-4 record.

Statistically, in his first year as a starter his stats (yes, even passing numbers) were far better than John Elway's and many of his vocal media critics especially Boomer Esiason. To not be given an opportunity last year in New York under the mediocre Sanchez was disgraceful.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (RUGER77MAN, Mike Belt, redhunterZ71, Dale3, beachguy, Bowdacious) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99161 Topics
1166136 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.