Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3234955 - 04/29/13 05:52 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

content Online
He's not an NFL quarterback. If he'd change positions he'd probably make it. Its for the best for him though. I don't like him, but I do like what he stands for. So doesn't really matter to me. Someone will pick him up.

#3234981 - 04/29/13 06:29 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

" Regardless, Tebow's expression of faith has little, if anything to do with his lack of success in the NFL."

Difference is, I haven't seen any player express their faith as openly as Tebow, or get as much attention for it. He has done more for Christianity lately than any other pro. It's not just the MSM that is against Christianity, but liberals, and the current admin. in general. If Tebow professed to being gay, or loyal to Islam, he would be playing if it took an executive order. Politicians, Team owners, coaches, and media can be bought. Anyone that doesn't adhere to liberalism, and political correctness is not tolerated well. Just my theory.

#3235000 - 04/29/13 07:02 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: dr
" Regardless, Tebow's expression of faith has little, if anything to do with his lack of success in the NFL."
-----------------------------------------------------
Difference is, I haven't seen any player express their faith as openly as Tebow, or get as much attention for it. He has done more for Christianity lately than any other pro. It's not just the MSM that is against Christianity, but liberals, and the current admin. in general. If Tebow professed to being gay, or loyal to Islam, he would be playing if it took an executive order. Politicians, Team owners, coaches, and media can be bought. Anyone that doesn't adhere to liberalism, and political correctness is not tolerated well. Just my theory.

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^ !

Edited by Kimber45 (04/29/13 07:03 PM)

#3235021 - 04/29/13 07:29 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

I understand your position and not arguing your point BUT
Ray Lewis is just as outspoken about his faith....

#3235061 - 04/29/13 07:59 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

"Get as much attention for it" may be a fair statement. On that, we can agree.
Still, in the highly competitive, cutthroat world of front-office football, I find it difficult to believe that anyone with tangible influence is intentionally or unintentionally preventing Tebow from succeeding because he gets attention for his faith.

Also, for the record, it is reported that Elway asked Tebow if he preferred ending up in New York or Jacksonville and Tebow preferred NY. Now, if this is true, Tebow asked for the major market, big money team that makes cutthroat decisions and has a notorious reputation for disregarding ineffective players.

One more thing: How come the media hasn't prevented the success of Duck Dynasty ?

Edited by Poser (04/29/13 08:03 PM)

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3235097 - 04/29/13 08:34 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
I know a lot of folks think Tebow is a bust at Qback but I gotta tell ya, I seen a lot of pro QB's that haven't made it to the playoffs, weak conference or not, and none of them, or very very few, ever took as much cr@p from the media as Tebow has.

He took a losing Denver team to the 2nd round of playoffs in essentially his rookie year. I cannot for the life of me understand why people want to run him down as incompetent. Not many QB's come in and do much better their rookie year.

#3235145 - 04/29/13 08:59 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: DaveB]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

I agree with stik, I think he would do very well at the TE position,not the best ever,but he might surprise alot of people. I never thought he would do very well at the QB position and have always said he would be better off at another position,he definitely has the talent and drive to play ball and I think some team will pick him up,if he is willing to try another position. This is only my opinion though,who knows what the future may hold for him.

#3235153 - 04/29/13 09:01 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Kimber45]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Probably the best thing that could have happened to Tebow
very true

#3235201 - 04/29/13 09:29 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I will say this: I may make light of his playing abilities (or inabilities) at the QB position, BUT I am a Tebow fan, and he is the kind of guy I hope my daughters marry. Well, all except for that part where he was crying like a baby on the sidelines in his last game with the Gators. Geez...he needs to learn how to turn that part off.

#3235216 - 04/29/13 09:42 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: ]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
I was surprised Tebow was ever drafted as a guarterback in the NFL. I am not surprised he was let go.

Now Bucky, why were you surprised that he was drafted as an NFL QB?
I despise the Gators - truly - but thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man plow thru and pass his way to where he got before I ever even knew much about his faith etc.. I was convinced early that he'd go Pro provided he didn't get his neck broken in college plowing down the field so often.
Was it his unique technique as a college QB that made so many think he'd never make it?

Edited by Kimber45 (04/29/13 09:43 PM)

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
114 registered (Rubberduck270, John3, HDUKE1986, deerhunter10, 160 Deer Stalker, TNDeerGuy, 16 invisible) and 174 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94049 Topics
1098689 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.111 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.