#3234862 - 04/29/13 04:12 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: dr
 Originally Posted By: Elite Mafia
It's sad that the sports analysts for the most part never wanted him to succeed! Yet an NBA player comes out and says he's queer and they act like he's a hero...what is the world coming too??!!! Best of luck to Tebow!

Yep, IMO Tebow could do well in the pros given half a chance. I don't think a lack of talent, and grit is the real issue. But, I believe that his profession of faith, and prayer in public has turned most of the media, and sportscasters against him. It's ok to be gay, and flaunt it. But, for God's sake we can't have a conservative, religious freak, praying during a game.

so, hold on.... You mean to tell me that the opinions of the media has limited Tebow's opportunity on the field? Also, what more "chance" does he deserve? He was given the starting position of a team on a playoff run. That's hardly "half a chance." That is a chance and every team out there saw him play.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3234882 - 04/29/13 04:35 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Poser]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: Poser
It's sad that the sports analysts for the most part never wanted him to succeed! Yet an NBA player comes out and says he's queer and they act like he's a hero...what is the world coming too??!!! Best of luck to Tebow!

Yep, IMO Tebow could do well in the pros given half a chance. I don't think a lack of talent, and grit is the real issue. But, I believe that his profession of faith, and prayer in public has turned most of the media, and sportscasters against him. It's ok to be gay, and flaunt it. But, for God's sake we can't have a conservative, religious freak, praying during a game.

so, hold on.... You mean to tell me that the opinions of the media has limited Tebow's opportunity on the field? Also, what more "chance" does he deserve? He was given the starting position of a team on a playoff run. That's hardly "half a chance." That is a chance and every team out there saw him play.

Seriously?
Tebow beat the Steelers, and took Denver to the playoffs his first year. NY never gave him half a chance. And, If you think librals, and the media don't have any power, look who is still in the white house.

#3234892 - 04/29/13 04:40 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Eric Kilby
Fireball
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

Seriously?
Tebow beat the Steelers, and took Denver to the playoffs his first year. NY never gave him half a chance. And, If you think librals, and the media don't have any power, look who is still in the white house.

here is why the bum is still in the white house http://rt.com/usa/black-voter-turnaout-election-571/

#3234896 - 04/29/13 04:44 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Eric Kilby]
dr
10 Point

That, and the fact that the MSM, and 99% of Hollywood actors and producers are liberals.

#3234904 - 04/29/13 04:51 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online

Seriously?

So, you are saying that NY didn't give Tebow a chance because some folks in the media picked on him? Why on earth would they pick him up in the first place?

#3234915 - 04/29/13 05:08 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Poser]
dr
10 Point

I don't know why NY didn't play him. Why would they pick him up If they were never going to play him? Maybe for the publicity, and to sell more tickets. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that most of the media, who are liberal don't like like him because of his faith. They have managed to destroy some pretty good conservative pres. candidates. I'm not too naive to think they would have any problem doing it to a ball player.

#3234925 - 04/29/13 05:21 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Right on the $!! As we all know, not ONLY ability but a combination of it and Popularity get the gold crown this day and time.. Tebow is going against the grain of the new America which will only get him ahead with a few of us here in this life and likely only Tebow himself in his next life. Great athlete, fine Christian example - not a Popular choice in today's American majority of baby-killers, homosexuals and non-Christian anti-Christ types

#3234932 - 04/29/13 05:33 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: dr]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
I don't know why NY didn't play him. Why would they pick him up If they were never going to play him? Maybe for the publicity, and to sell more tickets. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that most of the media, who are liberal don't like like him because of his faith. They have managed to destroy some pretty good conservative pres. candidates. I'm not too naive to think they would have any problem doing it to a ball player.

The problem with your argument is that there are many players who publicly demonstrate their faith. Most, if not all teams, hold prayer circles before and after games where several to many players participate. Regardless, there are many people who dislike Tebow, either personally or because they think the he lacks the skill set to be a NFL QB. There are some people who just flat out want to see him fail and likewise there are some who just want to see him succeed for the same reasons. Regardless, I hardly think that any media opinion on the matter has anything to do with Tebow's play time, or lack thereof. Coaches are under the gun to produce wins and they go with the combination of players who give them the best chance at doing so. There were thousands of NYJ fans screaming to put Tebow in over Sanchez. Obviously, the coaching staff disagreed when they put in McElroy.

Your analogy to the presidency hardly works. While you can certainly make the case that a propaganda campaign by the media sways the voting public opinion, football team decisions are not made by votes, the public nor fans, for that matter. The Jets envisioned Tebow as a "wild card" player who would do all sorts of plays from various positions including tailback, which, for some reason, did not pan out. Could it be that he failed to perform in that role as expected? I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that it has anything to do with the media opinion on Tebow's faith.

J-ville, who probably needs Tebow the most, has said they have no interest in him. Maybe they don't wish to build their program around his particular skill set. No doubt Tebow has skills, but are they the right skills for a contemporary NFL QB at this moment in time? That remains to be seen. Regardless, Tebow's expression of faith has little, if anything to do with his lack of success in the NFL.

#3234935 - 04/29/13 05:36 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Kimber45]
Hangnail
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

All Tebow needs to do is don a towel on his head, T-U-R-B-I-N-E style, say he's seen Allah, change his name to Raheem and the NFL will be on him like...like fleas on camels.
#3234941 - 04/29/13 05:42 PM Re: Tim Tebow released [Re: Hangnail]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
We'll take him down here in Tampa.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
LHanks24, Tkicm, Jingaling, colthutch, Pony Boy
13560 Registered Users
Who's Online
147 registered (CATCHDAWG, wayne, TraumaSlave, Smokyrider, smkm, downthebrown, 16 invisible) and 248 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13560 Members
43 Forums
99517 Topics
1170702 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.