Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3231359 - 04/25/13 10:20 AM Police and Military facing tough choice...
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Police and Military Facing Tough Choice: Constitution or Gun Control

Posted on April 25, 2013

I have family and friends that have been in law enforcement or still are. When they took their oath of office, they all swore to uphold the Constitution and laws of their city, state and nation. When anyone joins the military, they take a similar oath to protect the country and uphold the Constitution.

There is another thing that all of those oaths of office have in common. The section about protecting the country and Constitution says that they will protect against foreign and domestic threats. Our Founding Fathers and the people that established our military and various law enforcement agencies knew back then that we may face threats to our way of life from within the country as well as from without. Domestic threats have always been a real possibility.

Today, it is more than a possibility, it has become a reality. State and federal governments are the ones posing the domestic threats to the US Constitution and laws of the land. All of the attacks being made at the state and federal level against the Second Amendment are, by definition, domestic threats to the US Constitution and as such could be considered to be acts of treason.

So what do law enforcement officers and military personnel do in this situation? They have all sworn an oath to protect the Constitution. Do they stand by that oath and defy state and federal government officials by not enforcing these unconstitutional laws? Do they face being fired or court martialed for defending the Constitution? These are the tough choices that many will soon be faced with.

Read more: http://savingourfuture.com/2013/04/polic.../#ixzz2RUOB4QSy

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3232786 - 04/27/13 03:17 AM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: MUP]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I was honored to be able to serve my country when I did but there is NO WAY that I could serve under our current leaders. I hope that no matter what may come out leo's and military remember their oath. I remember mine and will not back down.

#3233129 - 04/27/13 12:50 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: hunter0925]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: hunter0925
I was honored to be able to serve my country when I did but there is NO WAY that I could serve under our current leaders. I hope that no matter what may come out leo's and military remember their oath. I remember mine and will not back down.

Agree with your entire post, especially the last sentence.
They make you take the Oath when you sign up, they never make you take it back. It still matters as much to me as it did then.

The current crop needs to decide how much of it they agree with, and what they're going to do when the time comes.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3233151 - 04/27/13 01:20 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: sgtwebb1]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I want to believe that both will honor their oaths, but I also believe that many will not. You could see hints of it over the past 3 or 4 years in the Wisconsin and the Occupy protests. When it came to loyalty there were some who put their unions' politics above the law. And in Tennessee we have seen the FBI used as a political tool in the Gibson guitar incident and I fear in the current Pilot raid.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3233270 - 04/27/13 04:47 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: citico_tim]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
I want to believe that both will honor their oaths, but I also believe that many will not. You could see hints of it over the past 3 or 4 years in the Wisconsin and the Occupy protests. When it came to loyalty there were some who put their unions' politics above the law. And in Tennessee we have seen the FBI used as a political tool in the Gibson guitar incident and I fear in the current Pilot raid.

Agreed. There are quite a few out there that would love nothing more than to take out some conservative American citizens.

Like it or not but not everybody will follow their oaths. Some will be happy to follow any unlawful order send by Obama no mater what it is.

#3233274 - 04/27/13 04:50 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: Wildcat]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Im afraid there are many that will do it just because its their paycheck and money will be what alot of these people care about the most.

#3233304 - 04/27/13 05:49 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: smstone22]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Agreed. Scary but true.

#3233306 - 04/27/13 05:51 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: smstone22]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

You'll not see me knocking on your door asking for your guns. Noboma can kiss my rosey red a$$

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

#3233337 - 04/27/13 06:39 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: fredfred]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: fredfred
You'll not see me knocking on your door asking for your guns. Noboma can kiss my rosey red a$$

Thanks for your convictions, but I'm very afraid your views well get you in trouble with the gub'mint, when the fit hits the shan.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3233353 - 04/27/13 07:10 PM Re: Police and Military facing tough choice... [Re: sgtwebb1]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

Maybe but I was looking for a job when I found this one

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Moore Land, jackal, baydog, blueticks, always_running92
13301 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (Dbllunger, Cottontop, gobblegrunt, robin48, GOTTA B REALTREE, Smokin45, 1 invisible) and 74 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13301 Members
42 Forums
85727 Topics
1035996 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 3.991 seconds in which 3.321 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.