Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3231503 - 04/25/13 01:23 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: in the dog house!]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

I wont leave my kids alone with ANY dog, be it mine or someone elses. I refer to my dog as a perpetual 5 year old and how long would you leave a 5 year old child alone, unsupervised? I taught my kids to never mess with a strange dog and to not present their face to any animal, its just asking for trouble. My sister had a Dachsund that bit a kid once, he lasted until my dad came home from work.

Well maybe the one dog, she weighs in at 3.8 lbs and is my youngests daughters personal buddy. Even then they are never out of hearing.

Point is, be responcible for your kids and your animals, it may not prevent a bite, but it will prevent a mauling and very possibly a death.

John 15:13

#3231511 - 04/25/13 01:28 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: Unicam]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Unicam
I wont leave my kids alone with ANY dog, be it mine or someone elses. I refer to my dog as a perpetual 5 year old and how long would you leave a 5 year old child alone, unsupervised? I taught my kids to never mess with a strange dog and to not present their face to any animal, its just asking for trouble. My sister had a Dachsund that bit a kid once, he lasted until my dad came home from work.

Well maybe the one dog, she weighs in at 3.8 lbs and is my youngests daughters personal buddy. Even then they are never out of hearing.

Point is, be responcible for your kids and your animals, it may not prevent a bite, but it will prevent a mauling and very possibly a death.

This ^^^

Μολων λαβε

#3231521 - 04/25/13 01:47 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: Slaughter-06]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06
I had a half lab/Chow mix many moons ago, Very kind and gentle dog he was, One day I was working in the yard and my 3 year old daughter was with mas was my dog. I heard her scream not ten feet from me when I turned around my dog had her head in his mouth and as I made my way to her all I could think was don't shake her. I thought she was going to die before I could close the ten feet. I kicked the dog off her and grabed her up. after I checked her out and saw she was okay. her scalp was not broken, I was ready to go get my gun and put my fateful companion of 6 or 7 years down no questions asked.

Holding my daughter and thinking what to do next I asked her what she did to him, at first she said nothing daddy, But I kept asking her assuring her she was not in trouble.
She said Daddy I hugged him. I asked how, she said I gave him a big hug around the neck!

In my mind I think she hugged to tight and cut his air off chocking him, and he reacted the only way he new how.
I did not kill my dog that day and he stayed in the family for another ten years and died of old age never again did I have any trouble out of him.

That makes me wonder how many of these kids getting mauled and killed are not doing something just like my baby girl did?

i agree
i had a neighbor when i lived in east nashville in the hood there lil hood rat son kept beating the rottie in the head with a bball i always hoped that the dog would break his chain and kill that boy

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3231537 - 04/25/13 02:03 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: Deer Assassin]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

IMO the parents should be charged with neglect and imprisoned

it dont matter what breed of dog they are still a wild animal but to leave a young child alone with a dog is nuts

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3231743 - 04/25/13 06:51 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: randy]
birddog
12 Point

Loc: Seymour, TN

Originally Posted By: randy
 Originally Posted By: birddog
You guys sound like all those liberals when something tragic happens with a gun. they start crying to out law all the guns...at least the scary looking ones
Guns dont kill people. dogs do.

Good point

#3231781 - 04/25/13 07:45 PM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: BamaProud]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

#3231996 - 04/26/13 04:23 AM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: Crappie Luck]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Well, at least every new story about an attack is a pitbull.

You have to wonder, if the dog was not a pit bull, would we be reading this story?

I don't think there is a media-wide conspiracy to demonize Pit Bulls.

#3232017 - 04/26/13 05:50 AM Re: Another toddler killed [Re: BamaProud]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Well, at least every new story about an attack is a pitbull.

You have to wonder, if the dog was not a pit bull, would we be reading this story?

I don't think there is a media-wide conspiracy to demonize Pit Bulls.

I don't either, if they would quit killing people they wouldn't make the news....

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
23 registered (Hoss, redblood, ZCM, redlegs07, UTGrad, Eric Kilby, 5 invisible) and 98 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85281 Topics
1030774 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.243 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.