Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3231406 - 04/25/13 11:08 AM Reply from Sen Bob Corker
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Dear Mr. MUP,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office with your concerns about the U.S. Department of Justice. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like you, I have reservations about our nation's drone policy, both at home and abroad. While these aircraft can contribute in supporting border security, fire detection, and search and rescue efforts, I share your concerns about their use and understand the unique risk they can pose to our civil liberties.

While I am pleased that the Department of Justice has recently made clear that the Administration does not have the power to target Americans in the United States who are not engaged in combat with armed drones, I believe that Congress must continue to ask questions and seek answers about the Executive Branch's use of military force.

As you may know, Project Gunrunner began as an initiative to protect American citizens from Mexican criminal organizations, specifically by preventing their acquisition and trafficking of firearms. Regrettably, in December 2010, an American Border Patrol agent's life was lost during Operation Fast & Furious. According to whistleblowers, however, this tragedy could have been prevented had ATF been more cautious. I share your concerns that the ATF knowingly permitted firearms to be illegally purchased and distributed to members of these criminal organizations, and on October 19, 2011, I voted for an amendment that prohibited funds for Operation Fast & Furious and similar operations.

As you may know, in June 2012, the House of Representatives voted to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt of Congress. The contempt charges are primarily about the Department of Justice's (DOJ) refusal to release documents to the House Oversight Committee from the time period following February 2011, when DOJ sent a letter denying ever allowing guns to "walk", until December 2011, when DOJ finally retracted that claim. I agree it's distressing the administration couldn't resolve this matter, which is part of a pattern of picking and choosing when to respect Congress' constitutional role. It is important that the Justice Department be accountable to Congress and I totally support the efforts by the House of Representatives to resolve this matter.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3231556 - 04/25/13 02:21 PM Re: Reply from Sen Bob Corker [Re: MUP]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Verbal vomit...

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3231676 - 04/25/13 05:14 PM Re: Reply from Sen Bob Corker [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

^^^^

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (redblood, Mudbone, 280longshot, AndyW, Toxophilite Phil, cdw338, 9 invisible) and 223 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85375 Topics
1031632 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.217 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.