This is what happens when two political powers effectively grant themselves monopoly political power, actually an oligopoly, and voters continually vote for the lesser of two evils (or so voters think, as there is no "lesser," just evil). Yes, Republicans and Democrats disagree, sometimes vehemently, on some high profile issues, but when it comes to preserving their oligopoly on power, their agreement is almost universal (save for the occasional wacky nutjob). Just as there really is no difference between a neo-liberal and neo-conservative (just read an unnamed transcript of a speech by Janet Napolitano and Dick Cheney and I challenge you to identify the differences), there is no question that Democrats and Republicans alike are interested solely in preserving the corrupt status quo and their grasp on power.

Before the 2012 elections, Congress and Obama enact the STOCK Act (Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act) to prevent insider stock trading of members of congress and their staffs, but they recently and very silently have proceeded to gut that law. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-13...ng-requirement.

And now today we learn how both parties are again trying to exempt themselves from Obamacare and the FAA sequester cuts. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-25...equester-delays

Not sure how to fight this. The more things change the more they stay the same. Vote newbies in, and they eventually get corrupted by the power. Sit out elections and certain constituencies that don't sit out will get everything they want to the detriment of the country. I remain hopeful that the Republican party will split as the tea partiers and libertarians realize they really are much more alike than not and leave the neocons to their own devices. The short term pain will be alleviated by the emergence of a strong third party. Or so I think.