Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3228799 - 04/22/13 04:47 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: thetoolman]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Something I forgot to ask and this above all others will be the deciding factor.

The seat and my back. I have a bad back and it can easy go out on me. I will have to have a seat that is comfortable and will support my lower back enough to ride it for long hours. I went to Harley Davison and set on one of their trikes and got right off. I could feel the right away the seat would not support my lower back at all and it could have gone out on me just setting there in the show room floor.

I had thought about getting a single seat bike but if a double seat will support my lower back better then that's the bike I'll get.

#3228816 - 04/22/13 05:23 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: Wildcat]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
If your sold on getting a bike of any kind good for you,BUT
if I had a bad back, lost hearing, and bad balance a bike, trike , or anything of the sort would be last on my list. Sometimes we ned to know our limitations for our own safety an that of others. jmo.

#3228823 - 04/22/13 05:38 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: leader]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

id get a goldwing trike they are the Cadillac of bikes/trikes

no experience with a can am

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3228866 - 04/22/13 06:40 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: leader]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: leader
if I had a bad back, lost hearing, and bad balance a bike, trike , or anything of the sort would be last on my list. Sometimes we ned to know our limitations for our own safety an that of others. jmo.

I know my limitations and have had them placed on me since I was 6 years old. Do you know your limitations???

I had teachers put limitations on me, school board members put limitations on me, banks put limitations on me, business suppliers put limitations on me, fellow car dealers put limitations on me and I still retired younger than any of them.

My balance nerves being gone is the reason I'm NOT buying a 2 wheel bike.

#3228897 - 04/22/13 07:35 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: Wildcat]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

I would think that the can am would handle easier. stik mentioned to me once that the old 3-wheelers had a tendency to flip over so i guess a trike would be easier to do the same with. Just a thought. As for seats, there are lots of options out there. Several have back support. We don't have the stock seat on ours. That thing would have been like riding on a qtip. My hiney needs more under it than a stock seat has. :)We looked thru the options and found a comfy one.

Edited by Bowdacious (04/22/13 07:36 PM)
Edit Reason: no auto correct on the puter

Beware the skillet

#3228913 - 04/22/13 07:45 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: Deer Assassin]
KB9VBT
Spike

Loc: Indiana

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin

That's the way I"m going! I don't have balance problems but do have back trouble and ride a 1989 Goldwing 2 wheeler now. I have started looking at the Can Am's and Goldwing trikes. I have to go with the Goldwing. Just setting on the Can Am makes my back hurt.

#3228922 - 04/22/13 07:56 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: Wildcat]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: leader

I know my limitations and have had them placed on me since I was 6 years old. Do you know your limitations???

I had teachers put limitations on me, school board members put limitations on me, banks put limitations on me, business suppliers put limitations on me, fellow car dealers put limitations on me and I still retired younger than any of them.

My balance nerves being gone is the reason I'm NOT buying a 2 wheel bike.

I hesitated before posting that because I know you are very opinionated but don't care to listen to other opinions and as a matter of fact I do know my limitations and what I consider reasonable for my personal situation. That being said the three things you mentioned are a bad combination to be on any kind of bike. I did not meen to offend you, just give you something to think about. As I stated if it was me a bike would be the last thing I would think about BUT if you are comfortable with it, by all means buy one. JMO and I will not share anymore on this post. Good luck and enjoy when you get one and for the record I would go Can-am....

#3228926 - 04/22/13 08:02 PM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: Deer Assassin]
remke
12 Point

Loc: A Pleasant View

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin

I will have to agree. But a friend of mine bought a Spyder for his wife, and she loves it. She has taken it on the dragon a few times.

#3229094 - 04/23/13 01:09 AM Re: Trike or Spyder? [Re: remke]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

http://www.garyshobbieshop.com/new_delivery.htm

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (FLTENNHUNTER1, jakerri, dewclaw, rabbit hunter, Brisco Darlin, Buckykm1, 7 invisible) and 154 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85250 Topics
1030365 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.21 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.