Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3231422 - 04/25/13 11:26 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
Personally, I'm worried about something I'm seeing in the long-range forecasts for next Thursday and Friday. Could be very bad (freeze for much of the Southeast). I hope the computer forecast models are exaggerating the low temps.
I sure hope that is wrong!

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3231441 - 04/25/13 11:45 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Football Hunter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

TWC is showing mid 40s for lows next week thru sat,hope they are right.

#3231447 - 04/25/13 11:49 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: woodsman87]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
I have honestly still seen (on last saturday) red oak acorns that appear to be eadible, not rotten or germinated. The white oaks have been long gone.

Just wait. Those red oak acorns probably will germinate (if squirrels get around to burying them). That is what is so great about a good red oak acorn crop. Red oak acorns do not germinate until mid to late spring, hence are attractive and available to deer through the winter. White oak acorns on the other hand, although highly attractive and nutritious to deer in October and November, usually go to root or rot by early December, removing them as a food source before winter.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3231452 - 04/25/13 11:52 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
TWC is showing mid 40s for lows next week thru sat,hope they are right.

The model runs that look so bad just came out this morning. The huge southward dip in the jet stream forecast in this morning's model run was not forecast in previous runs. I hope this morning's run was just an anomaly.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3231800 - 04/25/13 08:01 PM Re: These latest frost's [Re: BSK]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Generally it takes an actual freeze (temperature 6 feet off the ground below 32 degrees) that lasts several hours to kill the oak blooms. A frost can occur at the ground's surface even when head-high air temperate is 35 or 36 degrees.

Our light frosts of sat morn were very mild .......here in Lawrence county......dont think we suffered any damage whatsoever. Just a light coat across roof tops, i had none on the windshields of the cars. Time will tell but as of today i believe we are in good shape in southern tn.

#3232192 - 04/26/13 10:08 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Football Hunter]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Personally, I'm worried about something I'm seeing in the long-range forecasts for next Thursday and Friday. Could be very bad (freeze for much of the Southeast). I hope the computer forecast models are exaggerating the low temps.

Accuweather is still showing 38 as an over night low on Friday May 3rd and 40 on May 2nd. I don't think that will effect the acorns, but I have been waiting to put my garden in, and It looks like I will continue to wait.....

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3232391 - 04/26/13 03:26 PM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Bone Collector]
jmb4wd
8 Point

Loc: Christiana, TN

Im ready to get some corn in the ground! Hope we get away from these freezing temps, and frost!

Food Plot Establishment and Maintenance

Justin

#3232532 - 04/26/13 07:04 PM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Bone Collector]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector

Accuweather is still showing 38 as an over night low on Friday May 3rd and 40 on May 2nd. I don't think that will effect the acorns, but I have been waiting to put my garden in, and It looks like I will continue to wait.....
sounds good

#3233746 - 04/28/13 11:34 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Football Hunter]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Now they have changed it to 49 Friday night and 48 Saturday night. I hope that holds. I would like to get my garden in and not have to worry about it.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3234401 - 04/29/13 08:14 AM Re: These latest frost's [Re: Bone Collector]
BSK
Non-Typical

Yup, weather late this week doesn't look as bad as the earlier forecasts made it out to be. That's a good thing.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (Poser, Mag, dewclaw, Dale3, TNLynn, diamond hunter, 13 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85290 Topics
1030853 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.203 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.