Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3227575 - 04/20/13 10:46 PM Have you ever heard God?
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

I'm was just going over some stuff for my teenage Sunday School class in the morning. I will be teaching on "how do you know when God is talking to you". I was just curious if anyone here had ever heard God speak to them audibly, out loud.
#3227579 - 04/20/13 10:51 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: SES]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Haven't heard Him actually speak like an audible tone coming out of someone's mouth, but I've certainly had some messages delivered into my mind and soul that were no doubt from Him.

#3227596 - 04/20/13 11:18 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: farmin68]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

Originally Posted By: farmin68
Haven't heard Him actually speak like an audible tone coming out of someone's mouth, but I've certainly had some messages delivered into my mind and soul that were no doubt from Him.

X2

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3227609 - 04/20/13 11:58 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Outdoor life]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

I have never heard the audible voice of God, however, when I was a young man (23 yrs old), He spoke to me in a dream. Today, 27 yrs later His words still have a profound effect on my life.

Like farmin & OL said, He speaks to my heart regularly. The Word says, "My sheep will know My voice". For many years after becoming a Christian, I really struggled with knowing if I was hearing His voice or my inner thoughts. It was a real struggle.

Now, after being a follower for almost 44 yrs, I usually know when it is His voice speaking. Now that I can recognize His voice, I am trying to regularly surrender to obedience, something I fail at regularly.

As an aside, I teach SS as well. One of the most frequent times I hear Him speaking now is THROUGH ME as I teach. Many times He shows up and fills my mouth with His Words... saying through me things that I do not even know. Every time this happens I am very humbled and at the same time completely amazed. He will use even me. Wow, wow and wow &Praise be to Him.

#3227617 - 04/21/13 12:16 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: plinker22]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: plinker22
I have never heard the audible voice of God, however, when I was a young man (23 yrs old), He spoke to me in a dream. Today, 27 yrs later His words still have a profound effect on my life.

Like farmin & OL said, He speaks to my heart regularly. The Word says, "My sheep will know My voice". For many years after becoming a Christian, I really struggled with knowing if I was hearing His voice or my inner thoughts. It was a real struggle.

Now, after being a follower for almost 44 yrs, I usually know when it is His voice speaking. Now that I can recognize His voice, I am trying to regularly surrender to obedience, something I fail at regularly.

As an aside, I teach SS as well. One of the most frequent times I hear Him speaking now is THROUGH ME as I teach. Many times He shows up and fills my mouth with His Words... saying through me things that I do not even know. Every time this happens I am very humbled and at the same time completely amazed. He will use even me. Wow, wow and wow &Praise be to Him.
Good post

...since last deer season

#3227653 - 04/21/13 07:07 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: catman529]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Never, even though I prayed for just that so many times as a child until I finally decided that HE didn't want to reply to me, HE loved others more than me or HE was not there. Either way, HE never answered my prayers, verbally, or otherwise.

I can see how the subject would be abit tricky in sunday school.

Teenagers are likely to be curious and ask some questions, so be sure to include that many times prayers are not answered and that you must have faith that GOD has a reason for not answering your prayers or simply tell you what you want and need to hear, no matter how desperately you pray or how often. Even if you simply wanted to know WHY and not necessarily change anything.

Good luck with your lesson.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3227677 - 04/21/13 07:30 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Bottom Hunter]
buckaroo
8 Point

Loc: easttennessee

I thought it was him, turned out it was all in my head.
#3227687 - 04/21/13 07:40 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Bottom Hunter]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

To hear God sometimes you have to listen closely and you ALWAYS have to shut up first.

I thought about your question and this was the first experience that popped into my mind.

My mother was dying a few years ago.
She knew it, we all knew it.
She was still at home but we had gotten a hospital bed and put it in the living room for her.
Time had drawn close and my dad didn't want to be there alone when she died.
I decided to stay with him till she passed.

I think I had been there two nights. It was a Tuesday morning.
The hospice people came and told us if there was any family that wasn't there and we wanted them to be to call them like right now.

My brother was working and he was the only one not there.
We called and he was somewhere down around Ripley and said he was headed there asap.

I had the worst headache I have ever had in my life.
Between the lack of sleep, the stress of the entire ordeal, the guilt of not spending more time with my mom, you name it.

I had walked into the kitchen and was having a cup of coffee to try and get it to go away.

My brother walked in and I heard someone, maybe my sister, tell my mom, it's ok now we are all here.

Her very labored breathing drew in one more big breath and it was over.

There was a warmth that settled on me that felt like four or five electric blankets had been wrapped around me.
Not sure I have ever felt anything like it ever before, except maybe the night I was saved.

My headache was instantly gone (didn't realize it till later) and I felt better than I had in a long time.

Yes God spoke to me. He told me it was all ok and that my mom was now with him.
No I didn't hear an audible voice but yes sir, he not only spoke but he was there, in that living room with us all to bring my mom home.

#3227700 - 04/21/13 08:03 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: RUGER]
777rellik
4 Point

Loc: tn,marion .co

Thank you for your post from the heart.If we allow God to take the rains of our hearts HE comes through every time....

#3227702 - 04/21/13 08:08 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: RUGER]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Great post RUGER. Yes God speaks to me. Im not as good as these other guys to put it into words, but he speaks to me daily. Not aloud, but there are signs everywhere if you only learn how to " hear them". I am blessed far more than I deserve. It never seises to amaze me the blessings he bestows upon me on a daily basis. There are times when I "hear" him more clearly than others, and I have learned that the more I can get MY thoughts out of the way the better I "hear" His. I believe he speaks to all of us, some are just better at getting themselves out of the way to be able to "hear" Him. It is a great thing when "He" comes through, but even better when we learn that we have to let Him.

Μολων λαβε

#3227703 - 04/21/13 08:10 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Nope

#3227728 - 04/21/13 08:49 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Outdoor life]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Outdoor life

X2

X3

#3227729 - 04/21/13 08:53 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Nimrod777]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Nimrod777
Nope

x2

#3227747 - 04/21/13 09:30 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: pcrc]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

God always seems to consistently give what I need, and not what I want. \:\)

I always wanted to hear concrete answers to questions (an audible answer would be handy plenty of times!), but the result would have been that my belief would shift from "faith" to "knowledge". I don't think that's what's intended for us as humans.

Not to mention what it would do to the average person's ego to know that God speaks directly to them. That's why I think it's so uncommon - it's not good for flawed man to feel like they are "special enough" to have a direct line. That's what was so special about Old Testament prophets - they were humble enough to deal with that without exalting themselves above the work they were doing.

#3227780 - 04/21/13 10:38 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Quote:

I haven't been alive 44 years, but I can relate to this. Happens to me quite a bit as well.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3227798 - 04/21/13 10:58 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Bone Collector]
buckaroo
8 Point

Loc: easttennessee

Of all the wonderful works of God, I have often wondered why I am not worth a few words
#3227818 - 04/21/13 11:27 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: buckaroo]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: buckaroo
I thought it was him, turned out it was all in my head.
i have never heard God aloud, like with my ears, but I hear him in my head and heart.
I think a lot of believers tend to only "call" when we need to ask for something (I know I do), instead of "calling" just to say thank you. The more I call to God just to thank him, the more I "hear" his answers.

#3227826 - 04/21/13 11:43 AM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: farmin68]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

X3

#3227839 - 04/21/13 12:05 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Mudbone]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Great post, Ruger. My dad passed within a minute of me entering the hospital room after flying and driving all night from San Diego, CA to Dayton, OH to be there. My mom and brother had been with him all night and I was the last one to arrive. My dad was dying from leukemia and had suffered a severe stroke the night before and was on a respirator and completely unconscious. I walked in the hospital room to join my family and I held his hand. His heart rate began to sink and he went home. My dad should never have survived through the night. I did not audibly hear God either, but He was there with us and nothing will ever make me think otherwise. I am so thankful He gave me the opportunity to say goodbye.

#3227900 - 04/21/13 01:49 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: Vermin93]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

After posting that reply this morning, I heard a sermon from 2 Corinthians chapter 12. It was awesome to hear such timely "affirmation" after the discussion on this forum. The sermon centered around the idea of the answer from God to a request sometimes being "no". I thought it had strong parallels to this discussion.

#3227923 - 04/21/13 02:34 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
tnfirefighter
8 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

My wife and I lost our daughter in 1991, We tried for over a year to have another child. I was mowing and cleaning around Karie's headstone and I just asked God in prayer if it was meant for us to have another child....the answer I heard was " if you will name him Matthew I will give you a son" I went home cleaned up and ate, my wife came in and told me she was pregnant. Matthew will be 21 this July. The meaning of Matthew in the Bible...Gift of God. So to answer your question I believe with all my heart and soul I have heard the voice of God.

#3227939 - 04/21/13 03:00 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: tnfirefighter]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: tnfirefighter
My wife and I lost our daughter in 1991, We tried for over a year to have another child. I was mowing and cleaning around Karie's headstone and I just asked God in prayer if it was meant for us to have another child....the answer I heard was " if you will name him Matthew I will give you a son" I went home cleaned up and ate, my wife came in and told me she was pregnant. Matthew will be 21 this July. The meaning of Matthew in the Bible...Gift of God. So to answer your question I believe with all my heart and soul I have heard the voice of God.

What a great testimony..... That is awesome!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3227973 - 04/21/13 04:31 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

content Online
WOW!! THIS IS GOOD STUFF.

#3228221 - 04/21/13 09:39 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

Amen. Walking testimony. Thanks tff.

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
 Originally Posted By: tnfirefighter
My wife and I lost our daughter in 1991, We tried for over a year to have another child. I was mowing and cleaning around Karie's headstone and I just asked God in NMprayer if it was meant for us to have another child....the answer I heard was " if you will name him Matthew I will give you a son" I went home cleaned up and ate, my wife came in and told me she was pregnant. Matthew will be 21 this July. The meaning of Matthew in the Bible...Gift of God. So to answer your question I believe with all my heart and soul I have heard the voice of God.

What a great testimony..... That is awesome!!!

#3228260 - 04/21/13 11:33 PM Re: Have you ever heard God? [Re: in the dog house!]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

Only once as a voice. It was deep in the night and I was very troubled. I was praying and a voice clear as could be said it was going to be ok and that Koti was coming. Koti how I spell what it sounded like and maybe it was Coty or Cody or who knows. I have yet to see Koti (that was several years ago) but if I ever run into anyone with a name that sounds like that you bet I will be paying attention.
Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (Mossy Oak, Mr.Bro, John3, Florida Cracker 971, Mudbone, Tborne, 15 invisible) and 169 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93337 Topics
1089833 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.