Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3226368 - 04/19/13 09:07 AM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: BuckWild]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
At this time, nothing is faster than the speed of light. Also we will never be able to travel at the speed of light. Very close to it, but not at the speed of light. The closer you get to the speed of light, mass increases. So the mass of the space ship increases as well as the mass of the fuel needed to power it. The fastest you could hope to travel would be .99 the speed of light. Accelerating to that speed poses more problems. G force. If you are traveling at 32 feet/sec2 you would be dead from the G force in about 20 seconds. You would have to keep the speed of acceleration to about 3-4 G's to survive...That would take several years just to get to .99 the speed of light then years to decellerate before you stopped.

Nobody will ever leave this planet and travel light years to another planet....

There is no g force in space.

#3226436 - 04/19/13 10:03 AM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
At this time, nothing is faster than the speed of light. Also we will never be able to travel at the speed of light. Very close to it, but not at the speed of light. The closer you get to the speed of light, mass increases. So the mass of the space ship increases as well as the mass of the fuel needed to power it. The fastest you could hope to travel would be .99 the speed of light. Accelerating to that speed poses more problems. G force. If you are traveling at 32 feet/sec2 you would be dead from the G force in about 20 seconds. You would have to keep the speed of acceleration to about 3-4 G's to survive...That would take several years just to get to .99 the speed of light then years to decellerate before you stopped.

Theoretically speaking, the Einstein-Rosen Bridge aka "Wormhole", could be applied for travel of such distances. This, theoretically speaking, would allow faster than light travel by ensuring that the wormhole traveller never exceeds the speed of light, at the same time, time spent in the wormhole would be faster than a competing speed of light traveller. A common analogy for this is a world class sprinter running full speed around the base of a mountain is beat by your grandmother simply walking a tunnel that runs directly through the mountain. The only problem is, as I understand it, that you would actually arrive at your destination before you left

Anyway, the NASA scientist speculated "advanced" life, however they did not say speculate "intelligent" life. Theoretically, these planets have had a longer time than Earth to develop life (~2 billion years longer than life on Earth). That doesn't necessarily mean that self aware life has developed. It could be a planet of full of advanced plant life.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3226452 - 04/19/13 10:22 AM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Poser]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

"Meet In The Middle"

It was 1200 light years
from your place to ours

#3226492 - 04/19/13 11:37 AM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Wrong answer Captain Mensa...there is a g force applied to a person and object that is being accelerated by an external force even in space. There is no g force around you in space but there is most definitely g forces being felt by anyone in a rocket ship traveling at anywhere near the speed of light. \:D \:D

#3226728 - 04/19/13 05:26 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: BuckWild]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

What if you could change the mass of the ship?

#3226912 - 04/19/13 08:50 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

OK.

We cannot even agree just what 'is'...is...and you boys are talkling g forces and the degree of quantum physics and string theory????

...So, in the words of a more learned TnDeer member than I...

"WE are SO screwed!"
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3226926 - 04/19/13 08:57 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: TennesseeRains]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Yes we are...

#3226940 - 04/19/13 09:14 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Yes we are...

;\)

Nah....'life' is not what we are - leather bags of mostly water worrying about what can be seen, felt, heard, smelled or tasted here and.... if all that can be done elsewhere.

Life is what comes AFTER we aspire to achieve all we can here my friend.

How can we be screwed when the outcome is already laid out?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Master Chief, Codzilla Killa, Vermin93, B&C chaser, JAY B, KubotaM4900, 3 invisible) and 95 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85655 Topics
1035063 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.275 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.