Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3225839 - 04/18/13 07:28 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: buckaroo
I can't see this planet providing for an increasing population like ours for very long anyways

I've been saying that for years.

As deer hunters we all understand carrying capacity of the land. Well the Earth has limited carrying capacity and we are close to reaching it.

A history teacher once told me something I have never forgot.

Today, right now, there are more people alive walking the Earth than there is all the people that died before from Jesus time to the ones that died yesterday. in other words could all the people that have died since Jesus time and todays world population, there are more today than all those others.

We can't keep this up.

I would like to see where he got those #'s from.

Μολων λαβε

#3225858 - 04/18/13 07:55 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: in the dog house!]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

The Universe is filled with life. The answer is out there.

#3225869 - 04/18/13 08:01 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: in the dog house!]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: buckaroo
I can't see this planet providing for an increasing population like ours for very long anyways

I've been saying that for years.

As deer hunters we all understand carrying capacity of the land. Well the Earth has limited carrying capacity and we are close to reaching it.

A history teacher once told me something I have never forgot.

Today, right now, there are more people alive walking the Earth than there is all the people that died before from Jesus time to the ones that died yesterday. in other words could all the people that have died since Jesus time and todays world population, there are more today than all those others.

We can't keep this up.

I would like to see where he got those #'s from.

Population records.

Remember Mary and Joseph, they went to the city of his birth to be counted.

Anyway he's right. There are almost 7 BILLION people alive on this earth today.

#3225881 - 04/18/13 08:08 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Yes thats true, But I would like to see the #s where there has been less than 7 billon since the time of Jesus that have died. I'm not saying he's wrong, just would like to see the #'s, or was that just his opinion..........

Μολων λαβε

#3225885 - 04/18/13 08:11 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: in the dog house!]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
Yes thats true, But I would like to see the #s where there has been less than 7 billon since the time of Jesus that have died. I'm not saying he's wrong, just would like to see the #'s, or was that just his opinion..........

Well it was back when I was in college so it's been a few years but I never forgot.

#3225890 - 04/18/13 08:15 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I remember back in 1492 the total worlds population was around 375 million.

Todays population would be over 14,000 times that.

#3225892 - 04/18/13 08:17 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Well if there were say 30 generations since Christ's death and the population of the earth was say 1.5 billon( avg ) for the last 1700 years, it has turned over by more than 6 times the earths population today. And thats if the average life was about 70. The average life was nowhere near 70 until recently. Those #s of his aren't even close.

Edited by in the dog house! (04/18/13 08:18 PM)

Μολων λαβε

#3225900 - 04/18/13 08:23 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Wildcat]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

the reason they don't come here, is because no matter how advanced they are it is 1,200 light years away.... it is way to far.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3225903 - 04/18/13 08:27 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: in the dog house!]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

He used census not guesses.

You can find different sites on the internet to do the math. Just don't forget to count the ones that died. What I mean is don't just add up the populations of each year. But he's right.

Here's a very simple thing we all can do. Look at our own families tree. Look how "few" there were and now look at todays trees. To break that down me myself when I was 5 years of there were a grand total of 6 of us, my grandparents, parents and my brother. Today there are 15 of us not counting the ones that died. My father had 10 brothers and sisters, I had 42 first cousins and 251 second cousins but that's counting the ones that have passed away.

#3225945 - 04/18/13 08:53 PM Re: NASA Sees Distant Planets That Seem Ideal for Life [Re: Bone Collector]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector
the reason they don't come here, is because no matter how advanced they are it is 1,200 light years away.... it is way to far.

Not necessarily. If you can change the mass of the object, in theory, you can go faster than the speed of light. Besides, many people believe they might use inter-dimensional travel or wormholes.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (redblood, diamond hunter, driver, doubledownranch, Deerhunter, meat hunter, 10 invisible) and 213 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85375 Topics
1031632 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.239 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.