Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3224729 - 04/17/13 05:48 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: moondawg]
Mag
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville

I had a conversation recently where the other person questioned the "need" for a 30 round magazine etc. I told them that they were correct, I don't "need" a 30 round magazine but I also don't "need" a car or a phone or electricity but I can. Obama is setting the scene for the mid term elections.....
#3224730 - 04/17/13 05:49 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: medic]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: medic
 Originally Posted By: jos3ywales
he lied like sorry dog in that speech he should be ashamed

He should be ashamed for parading the victims around to swing votes over.

Those parents should be ashamed they allowed their childrens' memories to be whored out. They're as bad - or worse - as he is.

#3224768 - 04/17/13 07:00 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Bambi Buster]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
No time to let your guard down. This isn't over by a long shot. For now though, I consider the donation I made to the NRA a couple of months ago to have been money very well spent.

I agree, it's NOT over by a long shot. This is going to be a long war.

I send a donation back in Dec and again in Feb to the NRA and I'm sending ANOTHER one in again tomorrow.

I send mine to the NRA-IRA. they are the ones working on the bills.

#3224773 - 04/17/13 07:04 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Camp David]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Camp David
My neighbor, who I've never known to be pro or anti-gun, was telling about something he saw on the news about a drum magazine that held 250 rounds.

He said, "I don't see why anyone would need a 250 round magazine to hunt."

I explained that the words "need" and "hunt" are not mentioned in the second ammendment. He'd never thought of it that way and although he was swayed by the news show, I was able to sway him the other way.

In fact, he wants me to go look at guns with him, but I don't think he'll be getting the 250 round mag.

You just made the prefect example of what's happening.
People are being swayed by the anti-gun people and not enough of us are doing much to help sway them back.

We win this round but in the long run we might lose the war on the Second Amendment unless we keep it up.

#3224790 - 04/17/13 07:22 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Wildcat]
backroads
4 Point

Loc: Giles Co

This is great defeat. Hopefully it will enlighten some of the 90% they pulled out of the air.

I went one step further a few minutes ago and sent a thank you note to the four Democrats that broke ranks and voted against it. (Sens. Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Mark Pryor of Arkansas )

I think it is important they know there are people that stand behind their decision. It's a shame their own party is already threatening them "Those Democrats are now the targets of liberal groups vowing to advertise their 'no' votes. In a statement shortly after the defeat, Progressive Change Campaign Committee co-founder Stephanie Taylor slammed the four defectors."

But I was more surprised to learn that John McCain voted for the bill along with 3 other Republicans.

#3224818 - 04/17/13 07:46 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: moondawg]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: moondawg
 Originally Posted By: Timber Ghost
Obama not happy said Republicans let 90% of Americans down.
Loved the look on his face he thought this was in the bag.
Where do they come up with this ridiculous no of 90% americans being in favor?
I was wondering the same thing.

Easy, they poll heavy urban/suburban households in severely liberal cities, in severely liberal states. THEN skew the numbers another 20%.

You and me can poll people and ask if that big yellow thing in the sky is the sun or a giant beach ball and still get 20% undecided.

#3224827 - 04/17/13 07:55 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

This is Obama's own words,

"just round one."

If you think for a minute Obama is giving up then you must have been on a trip to Mars and are now coming back.

The War on the Second Amendment has just started with "just round one."

#3224839 - 04/17/13 08:06 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Wildcat]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
If Mcain voted for it, it is because he has little choice because of the shooting in his home state. He hasn't been in office there since Lincoln's was Pres without being a little bit smart.
On the other hand look at the Dems that voted against it. Even if they truly believe the right decision is to vote for the ither way they can not and hope to get re-elected because their states live off guns as an everyday tool and revenue source....

#3224854 - 04/17/13 08:15 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Timber Ghost]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Timber Ghost
Obama not happy said Republicans let 90% of Americans down.
Loved the look on his face he thought this was in the bag.
Where do they come up with this ridiculous no of 90% americans being in favor?

You would be surprised how many HUNTERS and GUN OWNERS support more gun control laws.

They are all for it as long as it does not touch THEIR guns.

There are several members on here that do this very thing.

#3224912 - 04/17/13 08:58 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Wildcat]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I think Alexander and Corker knew it would be defeated, that's why they supported moving the bill to the Senate floor. It wasn't because they wanted to vote for it. Even Harry Reid knew it wouldn't pass. That's why he didn't push for the vote. He knows more about America than dufuss obama does.
Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Moore Land, jackal, baydog, blueticks, always_running92
13301 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (ruger7mag, Master Chief, leader, FlintvilleMonster, OldFart, bbuck14, 4 invisible) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13301 Members
42 Forums
85727 Topics
1035987 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.279 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.