Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3225337 - 04/18/13 10:26 AM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: in the dog house!]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Just another win for the good guys. I took a bunch of heat in January when I posted that much all legislation regarding gun control has ruled in favor of gun owners for the last 2 decades since the Brady Bill related legislation/rulings. I stand by that statement

Despite a few recent knee-jerk state rulings in Colorado, New York and Missouri, gun rights advocates are still on the winning side of this debate, by a large margin.

I don't deny that there is a group of folks that absolutely despise guns and people who own them, but they are a loud very small minority. The Democrats couldn't even get a very watered down version of gun control out of a Senate that they control.

The last 4 months or so of gun control debate has been nothing but media hype and fear mongering. The fight won't ever be over, but I am just as confident as ever that gun rights as we know them today are on solid ground. Stay vigilant and watchful.

#3225349 - 04/18/13 10:34 AM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: BamaProud]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Just another win for the good guys. I took a bunch of heat in January when I posted that much all legislation regarding gun control has ruled in favor of gun owners for the last 2 decades since the Brady Bill related legislation/rulings. I stand by that statement

Despite a few recent knee-jerk state rulings in Colorado, New York and Missouri, gun rights advocates are still on the winning side of this debate, by a large margin.

I don't deny that there is a group of folks that absolutely despise guns and people who own them, but they are a loud very small minority.

Not according to Obama and his minions...it must be a whopping 90% of folks who feel this way.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3225364 - 04/18/13 10:41 AM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: MUP]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

I said this in another post and got berated and called a libtard, but I'm glad the bill went to a vote. If a filibuster would have occurred it would have been much worse PR for our stance than a vote in our favor.

The fight isn't over. But I sure did like watching Obama cry and Biden look like an idiot. I felt sad for all the props that he used. They got used by Obama and will now be kicked to the curb.

#3225399 - 04/18/13 11:17 AM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

I don't deny that there is a group of folks that absolutely despise guns and people who own them, but they are a loud very small minority. The Democrats couldn't even get a very watered down version of gun control out of a Senate that they control.

The last 4 months or so of gun control debate has been nothing but media hype and fear mongering. The fight won't ever be over, but I am just as confident as ever that gun rights as we know them today are on solid ground. Stay vigilant and watchful.

LARGE MARGIN?????

The Senate vote was 54-46.

Does anybody ever understand that??

If was 54 TO PASS THE BILL

46 TO NOT PASS THE BILL.

To pass it needed 60 votes or more.

We were OUTVOTED but still won by 6 votes.

While the NRA, GOA and other groups and hunters/gun owners personally fought the fight others just set and relaxed doing nothing knowing the others would do the fighting and win.

#3225438 - 04/18/13 11:48 AM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Wildcat]
Tractor John
4 Point

Loc: Springfield, Tn

Since when does it matter to this bunch of corrupt thugs what the majority of Americans think? If I remember correctly, most Americans were opposed to the Healthcare law, but didn't stop them from passing it without reading the over 2,000 pages? They even rubbed it in our faces for good measure, by parading arm in arm, and lying about racial slurs and folks spitting on them?
#3225543 - 04/18/13 01:14 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Tractor John]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Short term win. Obama and the liberals will keep trying to defeat the 2nd Adm.
#3225554 - 04/18/13 01:31 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: REM7]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

The are voting again to today on two of the amendments -

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3225575 - 04/18/13 01:50 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Timber Ghost]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Timber Ghost
 Originally Posted By: medic
Obama not happy said Republicans let 90% of Americans down.
Loved the look on his face he thought this was in the bag.
Where do they come up with this ridiculous no of 90% americans being in favor?

Not sure what polling he is looking at but...

#3225601 - 04/18/13 02:14 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: Crappie Luck]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

1. Demand “a vote”
2. get said vote
3. realize it’s not the vote you wanted
4. blame the system
5. throw a temper tantrum

A perfectly reasonable response from the President of the United States.

#3225709 - 04/18/13 04:42 PM Re: expand background checks defeated [Re: BamaProud]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

Yup, he took his ball and went home because no one would play the game under his rules. Maybe he needs to except just because it's his ideas don't mean they are good ones.
Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (GOHUNT) and 63 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.