Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3223466 - 04/16/13 12:59 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: preds1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I would think, and that's a feat in itself I know, that as many cameras that are supposed to be active in these big cities, especially on a marathon route I would also think, that they would have video of the placement of these devices. Again, this is just my thinking.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3223471 - 04/16/13 01:07 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: preds1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: preds1
... Another source confirmed that "pressure cookers were used in both devices."

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said a pressure cooker was attached to a wooden board in at least one of the blasts. The pressure cooker acted as the timer, the source said, ...

Fox News needs to find themselves a more intelligent source.

#3223476 - 04/16/13 01:14 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: Bambi Buster]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
 Originally Posted By: preds1
... Another source confirmed that "pressure cookers were used in both devices."

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said a pressure cooker was attached to a wooden board in at least one of the blasts. The pressure cooker acted as the timer, the source said, ...

Fox News needs to find themselves a more intelligent source.

That is a fact!

John 15:13

#3223489 - 04/16/13 01:25 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: Unicam]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

I never would have thought about pressure cookers ?

(CNN) -- The deadly bombs that turned the Boston Marathon into gruesome devastation were apparently placed inside pressure cookers hidden in backpacks, a federal law enforcement source told CNN.

The blasts were likely detonated by timers -- not by cell phones, a law enforcement official said.

The U.S. government has warned federal agencies in the past that pressure cookers -- air-tight pots used to quickly cook or preserve foods -- have been turned into bombs in parts of the world. A Department of Homeland Security memo called it "a technique commonly taught in Afghan terrorist training camps."

"Typically, these bombs are made by placing TNT or other explosives in a pressure cooker and attaching a blasting cap at the top of the pressure cooker," the memo said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-investigation/?iref=obinsite
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3223512 - 04/16/13 01:49 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: TennesseeRains]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
I never would have thought about pressure cookers ?

(CNN) -- The deadly bombs that turned the Boston Marathon into gruesome devastation were apparently placed inside pressure cookers hidden in backpacks, a federal law enforcement source told CNN.

The blasts were likely detonated by timers -- not by cell phones, a law enforcement official said.

The U.S. government has warned federal agencies in the past that pressure cookers -- air-tight pots used to quickly cook or preserve foods -- have been turned into bombs in parts of the world. A Department of Homeland Security memo called it "a technique commonly taught in Afghan terrorist training camps."

"Typically, these bombs are made by placing TNT or other explosives in a pressure cooker and attaching a blasting cap at the top of the pressure cooker," the memo said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-investigation/?iref=obinsite

Yep, would've never guessed pressure cooker.
Let alone cause the magnitude of carnage we've seen in the photos.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3223713 - 04/16/13 05:47 PM Re: Possible bombing in Boston.... [Re: preds1]
Daddybucktn
4 Point

Loc: Clinton Tn, USA

I want a ban on pressure cookers and I want Air Force One to fly me there on taxpayer dollars to lobby for this injustice. We deserve a vote!
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (junebugwapiti, Arkboy, Poleaxe, mossyoakmantn, FLTENNHUNTER1, DirtyBear0311, 3 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93199 Topics
1089397 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.