Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3221605 - 04/14/13 09:39 AM Obama tax rate
garnermtn
4 Point

Loc: Cowan,TN,USA

How is it the idiot running this country is in a lower tax bracket than me? He paid 18%. I'm at 21% and the dude makes 50 times more than me. No wonder he wants the rich to pay more. According to him and his tax rate he's not considered rich. Incredible
#3221717 - 04/14/13 01:18 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: garnermtn]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Here's a link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/13/us-obama-taxes-idUSBRE93B0Y420130413

Looks like the Kenyan Marxist isn't paying his fair share.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3221811 - 04/14/13 03:58 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

He beat me on the rate as well. And Joe Biden gave less to charity than I did. \:\(

What a pair!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3221939 - 04/14/13 06:02 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

He should be in the 30%+ tax bracket under todays laws.

#3221989 - 04/14/13 07:15 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

If zerO really thinks the rich aren't paying their fair share...

...why is he taking deductions on his return?

Hypocrite Bastard (literally).

#3222055 - 04/14/13 08:24 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

People need to really think about this.

Why does Hollywood support higher taxes for the rich so much since they are all rich????

Simple. DEDUCTIONS.

You have to understand in Hollywood the names are the business, they are ever copyrighted.

Here is an example. I'm Wildcat, that's Wildcat LLC. Since I'm a movie star then the name is mine and is copyrighted, it is also my business. Every single thing I do is a write off, a deduction since it is all business. If I go anywhere and there are people taking pictures then it is business and I can write off everything that went into getting me there and all the stuff I wear. Since they take pictures all the time then I can write off everything all the time as a "BUSINESS" deduction.

Take one of the top actress that made $32 MILLION in 2009, she paid a grand total of $28,979 in federal taxes in 2009. She was able to do that because of "business" deductions.

They fully support taxing the rich because they KNOW it will never affect them. Because they personally are the business.

Everybody knows about Charlie Chaplin, right? Suppose a kid is born today and his real name is Charlie Chaplin and later he wants to be in the movies. First he cannot use his real name because it's already copyrighted in Hollywood, he has to change his name.

#3223378 - 04/16/13 11:00 AM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: Wildcat]
OHVATN
4 Point

It's Obama's "effective rate" of tax not his marginal or statutory rate. Gross income less adjustments, exemptions, deductions, etc equals taxable income. Multiply by the marginal/statutory which was 39.6% for Obama for tax owed. Apply any tax credits and divide final tax owed by gross income and that gives you his 18% effective rate. You can figure this for yourself.

I can't stand the guy's policies and believe he's a lying fascist scoundrel, but don't believe everything you read and understand what it is you're talking about.

#3223381 - 04/16/13 11:01 AM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: Wildcat]
OHVATN
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
People need to really think about this.

Why does Hollywood support higher taxes for the rich so much since they are all rich????

Simple. DEDUCTIONS.

You have to understand in Hollywood the names are the business, they are ever copyrighted.

Here is an example. I'm Wildcat, that's Wildcat LLC. Since I'm a movie star then the name is mine and is copyrighted, it is also my business. Every single thing I do is a write off, a deduction since it is all business. If I go anywhere and there are people taking pictures then it is business and I can write off everything that went into getting me there and all the stuff I wear. Since they take pictures all the time then I can write off everything all the time as a "BUSINESS" deduction.

Take one of the top actress that made $32 MILLION in 2009, she paid a grand total of $28,979 in federal taxes in 2009. She was able to do that because of "business" deductions.

They fully support taxing the rich because they KNOW it will never affect them. Because they personally are the business.

Everybody knows about Charlie Chaplin, right? Suppose a kid is born today and his real name is Charlie Chaplin and later he wants to be in the movies. First he cannot use his real name because it's already copyrighted in Hollywood, he has to change his name.

Ask Arsenio Hall how that worked out.

#3223418 - 04/16/13 11:53 AM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: BMan]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

Originally Posted By: BMan
If zerO really thinks the rich aren't paying their fair share...

...why is he taking deductions on his return?

Hypocrite Bastard (literally).

^^^^^^^^This!

#3223585 - 04/16/13 02:56 PM Re: Obama tax rate [Re: garnermtn]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: garnermtn
How is it the idiot running this country is in a lower tax bracket than me? He paid 18%. I'm at 21% and the dude makes 50 times more than me. No wonder he wants the rich to pay more. According to him and his tax rate he's not considered rich. Incredible

Not to question you about your taxes but in order to make sure you are talking apples to apples, are you sure you are paying a effective rate of 21%. In order to pay that amount you would have to make a lot or you are not able to take some standard deductions. For information effective rate is taxes divided by income. This rate is often confused with marginal tax rate which is the amount you would be taxed on the next dollar earned on earned income. Two main things that lower effective rates are the deductions and the preferred tax rates for other types of income. Mainly capital gains. I will in no way say that O should not pay more in taxes mainly sense he wants to up everyone else's.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (tc 308, Vermin93, TnKen, Daniel n, stryker, scn, 5 invisible) and 257 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96090 Topics
1125090 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.071 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.