Tndeer Logo

Page 218 of 260 « First<216217218219220>Last »
Topic Options
#3222372 - 04/15/13 10:14 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Family Time!

Sorry I missed a couple of devotions last week. My dad came in from Michigan and we did some hunting and fishing together. Then this weekend my son, my dad, and I went turkey hunting on Saturday and we doubled! It was also my son's first turkey. It was a great day. I say all that to tell you make sure you are making it a priority to spend time with your parents and your children. Sadly time flies and we are only here for a short time on this old earth of ours. My kids are growing up fast and my dad is getting older, how many more times will we have together in the woods, cutting up, laughing, hunting, going to church, and eating together? Only God knows!

It is a great time to talk about God too! "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up" (Deuteronomy 6:5-8) Many things are important in life but nothing is more important than making sure God is the center of your families life. While we got to hunt, fish, and spend time together the most important thing we did is go to worship Jesus together at church! Nothing tops that!

I will close with this, the examples we set for our kids will most likely be the standards they set for themselves in their lives:

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Oh Lord I thank you for my parents, my children, and my wife. May you bless all who read this morning and help them to apply it to their lives if they are not doing so already. After you Lord, family is of utmost importance. I love you Jesus and thank you for giving your all for me.

Tom

P.S. I thought the picture was pretty cool of my son and dad walking out of the wood Saturday morning after the Lord blessed my son with his first turkey and my dad and I were there to see it!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3222378 - 04/15/13 10:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Congrats to you all!! Thats really awesome!

Μολων λαβε

#3222427 - 04/15/13 11:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: in the dog house!]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
AMEN

#3222537 - 04/15/13 01:21 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Originally Posted By: rabbit hunter
AMEN

X2

#3223204 - 04/16/13 08:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
preachermantom
12 Point

God's plan for me or my plan for me?

Who runs your life? You or God? I have heard many folks say something like "nobody tells me what to do"! Well that is not the right way to look at life. When we get that kind of attitude with God and even others, God will not be able to use us. As followers of Christ we are to submit to our Lord and be obedient children which involves God telling us what to do because He knows best not us!

Now what gets our attention more....good times or hard times? As hard headed as we humans are it seems as long as things are going well in life we don't need God but when times are tough we call on God. We had a good example of this sadly yesterday at the Boston Marathon. So don't play the why me card when difficulties come but look for what God may try to teach you through the situation. Paul was a great example of this in the bible, check this out:

Philippians 1:12

12 But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel.

The things which had happened to Paul in this case was being put in prison. Paul tells us here the important thing in life is to spread the gospel. Is that the most important thing in your life? Paul realized God was in control and things that were happening were helping spread the Word about Jesus! God's plan not Pauls was being done!

Another verse from Paul:

Philippians 4:12

12 I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need.

Wow! Don't miss this. Paul says here, no matter what situation he was in....hunger, warm, cold, prison, ship wrecked, snake bit, beaten(once left for dead).....all these he went through and he says he learned how to be content! Well what is the secret Paul? Doing God's plan! Thats it! Spreading of the gospel and God will meet your needs as he sees fit and you will be content!

Make sure parents you are directing your children as well as yourself in this manner. So many times we ask Johnny or Susie what they want to do when they grow up and do all we can to get them there but we never ask God what He wants Johnny or Susie to do with their life! His plan not ours!

God may we live your plan for our lives, not our own! May you receive all glory and honor for you are worthy!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3224197 - 04/17/13 08:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Murder is murder!

Don't know why this is not getting more coverage, well yes I do because we as a society think killing babies is ok. Check these links out:

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/best...ations.cnn.html

Then read this post by Randy Alcorn. I agree 100% we are in the midst of of a Holocaust and are doing very little about it. Over 55 million babies killed in the United Sates alone!

http://www.epm.org/blog/2013/Apr/17/dr-kermit-gosnell

Now for a few scripture to back up what I am saying:

God speaks very clearly in the Bible on the value of unborn children. God's Word says that He personally made each one of us, and has a plan for each life:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
—Jeremiah 1:5

Even before I was born, God had chosen me to be His.
—Galatians 1:15

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mothers womb… Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
—Psalm 139:13, 16

Your hands shaped me and made me… Did You not clothe me with skin and flesh and knit me together with bones and sinews? You gave me life.
—Job 10:8-12

This is what the Lord says—He who made you, who formed you in the womb
—Isaiah 44:2

Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One form us both within our mothers?
—Job 31:15

Because man is made in God’s own image (Genesis 1:27), each life is of great value to God:

Children are a gift from God.
—Psalm 127:3

He even calls our children His own:

You took your sons and daughters whom you bore to Me and sacrificed them… You slaughtered My children.
—Ezekiel 16:20,21

The Bible says of our Creator,

In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being
—Job 12:10

God, the giver of life, commands us not to take the life of an innocent person:

Do not shed innocent blood.
—Jeremiah 7:6

Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person
—Deuteronomy 27:25

You shall not murder.
—Exodus 20:13

Taking the life of the unborn is clearly murder—

He didn’t kill me in the womb, with my mother as my grave.
—Jeremiah 20:17

—and God vowed to punish those who…

ripped open the women with child
—Amos 1:13

The unborn child was granted equal protection in the law; if he lost his life, the one who caused his death must lose his own life:

If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined …if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life
—Exodus 21:22,23

Life is a gift created by God, and is not to be taken away by abortion. God is “pro-choice,” but He tells us clearly the only acceptable choice to make:

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
—Deuteronomy 30:19

We are not the givers or takers of life....God is!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3225224 - 04/18/13 08:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Boston, West Texas

With the events that have taken place this week. The bombing at the Boston Marathon and now with the explosion in West Texas, I just want us to spend some time in prayer for all those involved. Many lives have been lost and a large number have been injured in such a way that their lives will never be the same. Pray brothers and sisters pray!

A verse that came to mind for the Boston situation:

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

A couple of verses for both places:

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 34:7-9
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 16:8
I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3228318 - 04/22/13 06:58 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Take time to praise God!

So often as we journey through this life we often go to God in prayer asking for things. How may times do we stop to just praise God. Even for the simple daily things God does for us each and every day. God deserves our praise and we should make it a priority to praise Him often! Here we see the people of Israel dedicating a song to God after deliverance from Egypt. Here is a couple of verses:

Exodus 15:1-3
The Song of Moses

15 Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord, saying,

“I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously;
the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.
2 The Lord is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.
3 The Lord is a man of war;
the Lord is his name.
So today and everyday...praise our God! For He alone is worthy!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3229253 - 04/23/13 09:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

People can talk, your deeds are proof!

I found it very interesting the other day as I was reading of some things that were said about John the Baptist, and Jesus, check it out here:

Matthew 11:18-19

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.”

The so called righteous of the day accused them of being of the devil, a glutton, a drunkard, and friends of sinners. Hmmm very interesting. People can say what they want and we can not do much to stop a mouth from running. But what we can do is be proven by our deeds that we are walking with Christ! Look at what Jesus said at the end of verse 19: "Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.” In other words he is saying your wisdom is proved in your deeds. What you do consistently proves who you are on the inside!

Have you ever noticed Jesus did not seem to pay much attention to what people said? He may quote some scripture or give a reply for a teaching point for us but He did not spend a whole lot of time on what people said. Why? Because He knew what God's will for Him was and He was focused on completing that job! The same should go for us, it don't matter what people say, we need to focus on the job at hand, loving people (including sinners), spreading the gospel, and serving others!

So let your deeds do the speaking for you! Follow Jesus! Who cares what people say!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (04/23/13 09:35 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3230186 - 04/24/13 08:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Athletes check this out!

If you have not discovered the I am Second website you need to check it out. Great stories of faith from folks you know. This story that I am sharing today spoke to me in a great way. Knowing how sports grabs our attention these days, it is refreshing to see an athlete see a need for adjustment in his priorities. Wayne Simien has done in all in the realm of basketball. College all-american at Kansas, player of the year, won an NBA championship with the Miami Heat. He soon found out those things are not the most important in life. Check out his story here, share it with a friend!

http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/wayne-simien/

This is the verse Wayne shared in the video:

1 Peter 1:24-25

24 for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers, and the flower falls,
25 but the word of the Lord remains forever.”

We are like the grass, eventually all our little bit of glory on the court or ball field fades and then what do we have left? Nothing but memories. But when we invest in God and His Word, it remains for ever! God tells us that everything on this side of heaven that is not for His glory will waste away but everything done for heaven will last forever!

May we all be like Wayne, and store up our treasures in heaven!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (04/24/13 09:05 AM)

Jesus Christ

Page 218 of 260 « First<216217218219220>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
150 registered (280longshot, Gravey, Deerhunter, striperhunter90, Matador, tn_duckman, 15 invisible) and 213 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93247 Topics
1088853 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.157 seconds in which 0.039 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.