Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3223581 - 04/16/13 02:54 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
TLRanger
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

maybe TN should go to only crossbow season WITH A ONE BUCK LIMIT for the whole year! \:D

I do not hunt with a crossbow but I never have seen anything wrong with anybody using one if they want to in any open season.

#3223622 - 04/16/13 03:42 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: TLRanger]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Vertical or horizontal, the older you get, the more horizontal it gets.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3223693 - 04/16/13 05:31 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: catman529
Why is the guy so selfish as to not want to share the woods with crossbow hunters?

I've been asking the same thing about any special weapon season and have not read a solid answer yet, besides selfishness that is...
This guys self esteem is so low he needs to bash someone. Common thinking among the elite.Because I hunt with a compound bow and I think I am special. Guess they don't remember when compounds came out the old school bow hunters recurve and longbow guys had the same fit compound guys are having today. How can anyone think they are special when they have never picked up a real stick and string?

#3223740 - 04/16/13 06:09 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

I recall well the day I got a compound. I was almost ashamed to be seen with it. When I got a crossbow, I did not give a flying. I have lived through all the wars from longbows up. Everys ingle one of them was stupid, self serving and selfish. Not a one was rooted in actual fact except the pod. That was a good law and still is.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3224182 - 04/17/13 08:18 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
Why is the guy so selfish as to not want to share the woods with crossbow hunters?

I've been asking the same thing about any special weapon season and have not read a solid answer yet, besides selfishness that is...

I bet TWRA would answer tradition as an answer to "special seasons".

That would require that actual "tradition" be involved in these special seasons. In my opinion, "tradition" means generations of hunters having lived with, participated in, and treasured these special seasons. Yet "special weapon seasons," and especially their impact on deer hunting, are fairly recent inclusions in deer hunting. Most were created in my lifetime, and their real impact (actual hunter participation in large numbers) did not begin until the commercial availability of the compound bow (late 70s and early 80s) and the inline muzzleloader (90s). In essence, there is no lengthy "tradition" involving these seasons.

Quote:
Im thinking you are for an all weapons season.Dont you think that would lead to more hunters in the woods,for a longer time,and to a drastic decrease in daylight buck movement?

I don't believe the amount of "daylight buck movement" should play any role in determining season dates and lengths. Season dates/lengths should be based on providing the maximum hunting opportunities to the maximum number of hunters that do no significant harm to the resource (deer population and structure).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3224206 - 04/17/13 08:43 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Bow hunters are much less impact than gun hunters. Maybe some of that is the type of folk attracted to bow versus gun. Some of it is range. Some of it is the number of hunters in the woods. Anybody can get a bow or crossbow and learn to hunt with it.

#3224210 - 04/17/13 08:46 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: pass-thru]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

I like bowhunting with my compound because I like bowhunting. I do not feel more cool whatsoever because I use a bow. I gun hunt too, during gun season, muzzleload during muzzle season, and bowhunt during bow season. After rut I normally start using my bow again. I just get a whole lot more nervous and excited when I shoot a deer with my bow.

Could care less what anyone else uses.

#3224368 - 04/17/13 11:53 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: woodsman87]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I didn't even read the article, I just want to get my shots in on a dead horse. \:D

#3224392 - 04/17/13 12:29 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Relentless
4 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

IMO, there is a place for crossbows in bow season. It should go back to the way it was. Limit the use of crossbows to those who physically have trouble with a vertical bow during bow season. Those with a physical handicap that prevents them from shooting a vertical bow can still bow hunt.

Use it at will in muzzle loader and gun season.

My thoughts are based on the challenges of hunting with each weapon. For example, if you hunt with a crossbow during muzzle loader season, you've chosen a more challenging weapon.

The challenge of bow hunting, again IMO, is getting into position to draw the bow and make a shot without getting busted at close range. The crossbow takes away a lot of that movement, making it easier.

I am also against Mississippi rules on "primitive weapon" by the way.

#3224403 - 04/17/13 12:37 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Relentless]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

Originally Posted By: Relentless
IMO, there is a place for crossbows in bow season. It should go back to the way it was. Limit the use of crossbows to those who physically have trouble with a vertical bow during bow season. Those with a physical handicap that prevents them from shooting a vertical bow can still bow hunt.

Use it at will in muzzle loader and gun season.

My thoughts are based on the challenges of hunting with each weapon. For example, if you hunt with a crossbow during muzzle loader season, you've chosen a more challenging weapon.

The challenge of bow hunting, again IMO, is getting into position to draw the bow and make a shot without getting busted at close range. The crossbow takes away a lot of that movement, making it easier.

I am also against Mississippi rules on "primitive weapon" by the way.
It thats the case,then why don't you use a long or recurve bow during archery season? I mean a compound bow is leaps and bounds ahead of a recure or long bow.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (gun nut, TeamTndeer, ImThere, In_my_sights, redblood, Poleaxe, 1 invisible) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94111 Topics
1099520 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.148 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.