Tndeer Logo

Page all of 13 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3222817 - 04/15/13 06:02 PM Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more....
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Cry me a freakin' river.

http://www.realtree.com/hunting/realtree-hunting-blogs/meitins-bow-blog/crossbows-in-bow-season

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3223066 - 04/15/13 11:54 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

This is a very touchy subject. I'll stick with my compound
#3223073 - 04/16/13 12:10 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Beardendy88]
arctic_cat
8 Point

Loc: Lenoir City,Tn

Originally Posted By: Beardendy88

Im with you

WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE YOU LOVE, YOU GAIN AN ANGEL YOU KNOW

MEMORIES, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY.

#3223078 - 04/16/13 01:06 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: arctic_cat]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

I didn't even finish reading it. The guy is a stuck up you know what. I love my compound, and have no interest in hunting with a crossbow, but I am not against them at all, and if you want to use one, please do. It's just another type of bow, and the main thing is that it doesn't crack like a rifle or shoot 300 yards and it won't ruin archery-only season. I don't think the deer would see a difference in it so it wouldn't mess up my hunting with a compound.

Why is the guy so selfish as to not want to share the woods with crossbow hunters? Really I don't think crossbows are messing up his hunting, so it seems like he really is an elitist who thinks he is better. Hope he misses a 180 class buck with his compound this fall...

#3223096 - 04/16/13 05:05 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

I hope he stays healthy & never has to use a crossbow in order to still bow hunt,without them alot of folks would set out bow season me included

#3223191 - 04/16/13 07:47 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: mike243]
WRbowhunter
8 Point

Loc: collierville,tn

What I hope is that maybe those that don't bowhunt will get a crossbow. Then maybe will convert to a compound. I saw a lot of crossbow hunters when they first became "legal" but not so much any more. Just don't think they are as much fun to shoot. And as far as being an elitist well maybe but what's wrong with that. You have a sport that you don't want watered down. The same can be held true for any sport. Look at Golf trying to outlaw the long putter. But at the same time I know a lot of folks that think Compounds have watered down Archery with all the speed, needing a release, magnified sights etc. Its all relative.

#3223200 - 04/16/13 07:59 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: catman529
Why is the guy so selfish as to not want to share the woods with crossbow hunters?

I've been asking the same thing about any special weapon season and have not read a solid answer yet, besides selfishness that is...

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3223201 - 04/16/13 07:59 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Loc: Here

I have no problems with crossbows or crossbow hunters. I don't like the fact that people get a crossbow so they don't have to practice throughout the year. So its not the crossbow, it's the laziness that I don't care for. Not saying those who shoot crossbows are lazy, but if you chose a crossbow strictly because you don't want to have to practice every now and then, maybe you should reconsider bowhunting in my opinion.

Edited by redheadshooter (04/16/13 08:00 AM)

#3223255 - 04/16/13 09:00 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: arctic_cat]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

Originally Posted By: arctic_cat
 Originally Posted By: Beardendy88

Im with you

me too

#3223269 - 04/16/13 09:10 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

Originally Posted By: redheadshooter
I have no problems with crossbows or crossbow hunters. I don't like the fact that people get a crossbow so they don't have to practice throughout the year. So its not the crossbow, it's the laziness that I don't care for. Not saying those who shoot crossbows are lazy, but if you chose a crossbow strictly because you don't want to have to practice every now and then, maybe you should reconsider bowhunting in my opinion.

I agree with this.

Crossbows aren't for me, but do not care who or who don't use one. I will not use one unless I become physically unable to hunt with regular bows.
I am not sure about this, but for along time in Alabama you had to have handicap documentation to use crossbows during regular bow season. It may not be that way anymore, not sure.

#3223298 - 04/16/13 09:27 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
Why is the guy so selfish as to not want to share the woods with crossbow hunters?

I've been asking the same thing about any special weapon season and have not read a solid answer yet, besides selfishness that is...
I dont care if someone uses a crossbow in bow season,I tried it,dont like em.

I bet TWRA would answer tradition as an answer to "special seasons".On another note,Im thinking you are for an all weapons season.Dont you think that would lead to more hunters in the woods,for a longer time,and to a drastic decrease in daylight buck movement?

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3223306 - 04/16/13 09:35 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: woodsman87]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: woodsman87

I agree with this.

Crossbows aren't for me, but do not care who or who don't use one. I will not use one unless I become physically unable to hunt with regular bows.
I am not sure about this, but for along time in Alabama you had to have handicap documentation to use crossbows during regular bow season. It may not be that way anymore, not sure.

I agree, doesnt really bother me if people choose the xbow route, but in reality I was fine with them being limited to those forced to use them for physical reasons!
Selfish is WAY off base, different seasons are and have always been, for those who choose to buy the equipment, learn how to use it, and enjoy another season. Take MZ season for instance, I currently shoot a smokeless mz because its legal and the most effective weapon allowed during that season. I wouldnt have any problem however if TN went to a PRIMITIVE only weapon allowed during MZ season. I would simply get the equipment allowed and learn how to use it. I sure wouldnt call people selfish just because they were willing to learn something new and use it to their advantage!EVERYTHING in life is NOT all about making things easy for everybody who wants to participate! Nothing wrong with hard work and trying to achieve goals that everyone isnt interested in trying to achieve. This subject reminds me of the Dumbing down of America, why would we purposely remove Bow hunting and all that comes with it because gun hunting is EASIER and EVERYBODY can do it??? Just my opinion anyway!

#3223313 - 04/16/13 09:41 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Reckon the same thing could be said for people with scopes on their rifle? Shoot them once or twice year and their on target instead of having to practice and learn iron sights...

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3223316 - 04/16/13 09:46 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Hollar Hunter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Hollar Hunter

Reckon the same thing could be said for people with scopes on their rifle? Shoot them once or twice year and their on target instead of having to practice and learn iron sights...
Good point

#3223318 - 04/16/13 09:51 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Hollar Hunter]
redheadshooter
6 Point

I agree. I hunt with iron sights on a couple guns and a scope on a couple. Heck Relentless on here is better with iron sights than a scope. But, I don't think deer hunting in general should be made more difficult. They are hard enough to kill as it is. Also, a scoped rifle gives you a much higher chance at a more ethical shot than iron sights. Crossbows aren't more ethical than an upright IMO.

Edited by redheadshooter (04/16/13 10:17 AM)

#3223383 - 04/16/13 11:05 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I hunted with a compound for 5 seasons,killed 6 deer with it,I enjoyed it,but man it seemed like I was constantly tuneing and tinkering with it to keep it shoot good,and then there was the constant year round practice.I don't like all the tinkering and tuneing and all the practice.I sold it and got a crossbow and haven't looked back.Yes they are bulky and loud but man its so much simpler.

I don't/never have archery hunted for the "challenge".I started archery hunting so I could have more chances at antlerless deer,(Unit B hunter),so when there is a opportunity that will allow me to kill a deer more easily and legally,Im going to switch to that route.And guess what,a crossbow sure does make it easier to kill a deer.I don't have to practice year round,I don't have to constantly tune the bow,I don't have to stand up in the stand to shoot it,and I don't have to worry about drawing it back.Ah,life is good.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3223385 - 04/16/13 11:09 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
cecil30-30
16 Point

I agree. I hunt with iron sights on a couple guns and a scope on a couple. Heck Relentless on here is better with iron sights than a scope. But, I don't think deer hunting in general should be made more difficult. They are hard enough to kill as it is. Also, a scoped rifle gives you a much higher chance at a more ethical shot than iron sights. Crossbows aren't more ethical than an upright IMO.
And a upright bow isn't any more ethical than a crossbow. And if you say they are,i'll call you a eliteist bowhunter! \:D

#3223403 - 04/16/13 11:22 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: cecil30-30]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Crossbows are the devil's spawn. Noone should be allowed to use one. They should be totally illegal in all circumstances and those who have them should ship them directly to me.

Let this be the final word on this ridiculous subject of who can piss the farthest, an upright member or a crossmember.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3223416 - 04/16/13 11:41 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Originally Posted By: WRbowhunter
What I hope is that maybe those that don't bowhunt will get a crossbow. Then maybe will convert to a compound. I saw a lot of crossbow hunters when they first became "legal" but not so much any more. Just don't think they are as much fun to shoot. And as far as being an elitist well maybe but what's wrong with that. You have a sport that you don't want watered down. The same can be held true for any sport. Look at Golf trying to outlaw the long putter. But at the same time I know a lot of folks that think Compounds have watered down Archery with all the speed, needing a release, magnified sights etc. Its all relative.
it's not a sport to me at all, I'm not trying to score, compete or win, it's a passion and hobby and I enjoy every minute in the woods chasing whitetail deer and putting meat in the freezer

#3223477 - 04/16/13 01:15 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: cecil30-30]
redheadshooter
6 Point

[/quote] And a upright bow isn't any more ethical than a crossbow. And if you say they are,i'll call you a eliteist bowhunter! \:D [/quote]

Never once did I say that or anything like that buddy. I think it is an even playing field when it comes to ethical or not. Close to the same fps, somewhat close in kinetic energy. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying crossbows ruin archery season nor am I saying that I think anybody is wrong by hunting with one.

And I have never once complained about somebody saying I was elite! \:D hahahaha

Edited by redheadshooter (04/16/13 01:22 PM)

#3223581 - 04/16/13 02:54 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
TLRanger
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

maybe TN should go to only crossbow season WITH A ONE BUCK LIMIT for the whole year! \:D

I do not hunt with a crossbow but I never have seen anything wrong with anybody using one if they want to in any open season.

#3223622 - 04/16/13 03:42 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: TLRanger]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Vertical or horizontal, the older you get, the more horizontal it gets.

#3223693 - 04/16/13 05:31 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

This guys self esteem is so low he needs to bash someone. Common thinking among the elite.Because I hunt with a compound bow and I think I am special. Guess they don't remember when compounds came out the old school bow hunters recurve and longbow guys had the same fit compound guys are having today. How can anyone think they are special when they have never picked up a real stick and string?

#3223740 - 04/16/13 06:09 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
bowriter
Non-Typical

I recall well the day I got a compound. I was almost ashamed to be seen with it. When I got a crossbow, I did not give a flying. I have lived through all the wars from longbows up. Everys ingle one of them was stupid, self serving and selfish. Not a one was rooted in actual fact except the pod. That was a good law and still is.

#3224182 - 04/17/13 08:18 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter

I bet TWRA would answer tradition as an answer to "special seasons".

That would require that actual "tradition" be involved in these special seasons. In my opinion, "tradition" means generations of hunters having lived with, participated in, and treasured these special seasons. Yet "special weapon seasons," and especially their impact on deer hunting, are fairly recent inclusions in deer hunting. Most were created in my lifetime, and their real impact (actual hunter participation in large numbers) did not begin until the commercial availability of the compound bow (late 70s and early 80s) and the inline muzzleloader (90s). In essence, there is no lengthy "tradition" involving these seasons.

Quote:
Im thinking you are for an all weapons season.Dont you think that would lead to more hunters in the woods,for a longer time,and to a drastic decrease in daylight buck movement?

I don't believe the amount of "daylight buck movement" should play any role in determining season dates and lengths. Season dates/lengths should be based on providing the maximum hunting opportunities to the maximum number of hunters that do no significant harm to the resource (deer population and structure).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3224206 - 04/17/13 08:43 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Bow hunters are much less impact than gun hunters. Maybe some of that is the type of folk attracted to bow versus gun. Some of it is range. Some of it is the number of hunters in the woods. Anybody can get a bow or crossbow and learn to hunt with it.

#3224210 - 04/17/13 08:46 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: pass-thru]
woodsman87
8 Point

I like bowhunting with my compound because I like bowhunting. I do not feel more cool whatsoever because I use a bow. I gun hunt too, during gun season, muzzleload during muzzle season, and bowhunt during bow season. After rut I normally start using my bow again. I just get a whole lot more nervous and excited when I shoot a deer with my bow.

Could care less what anyone else uses.

#3224368 - 04/17/13 11:53 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: woodsman87]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I didn't even read the article, I just want to get my shots in on a dead horse. \:D

#3224392 - 04/17/13 12:29 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Relentless
4 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

IMO, there is a place for crossbows in bow season. It should go back to the way it was. Limit the use of crossbows to those who physically have trouble with a vertical bow during bow season. Those with a physical handicap that prevents them from shooting a vertical bow can still bow hunt.

Use it at will in muzzle loader and gun season.

My thoughts are based on the challenges of hunting with each weapon. For example, if you hunt with a crossbow during muzzle loader season, you've chosen a more challenging weapon.

The challenge of bow hunting, again IMO, is getting into position to draw the bow and make a shot without getting busted at close range. The crossbow takes away a lot of that movement, making it easier.

I am also against Mississippi rules on "primitive weapon" by the way.

#3224403 - 04/17/13 12:37 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Relentless]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Relentless
IMO, there is a place for crossbows in bow season. It should go back to the way it was. Limit the use of crossbows to those who physically have trouble with a vertical bow during bow season. Those with a physical handicap that prevents them from shooting a vertical bow can still bow hunt.

My thoughts are based on the challenges of hunting with each weapon. For example, if you hunt with a crossbow during muzzle loader season, you've chosen a more challenging weapon.

The challenge of bow hunting, again IMO, is getting into position to draw the bow and make a shot without getting busted at close range. The crossbow takes away a lot of that movement, making it easier.

It thats the case,then why don't you use a long or recurve bow during archery season? I mean a compound bow is leaps and bounds ahead of a recure or long bow.

#3224429 - 04/17/13 01:09 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Winchester]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Winchester
 Originally Posted By: woodsman87

I agree with this.

I agree, doesnt really bother me if people choose the xbow route, but in reality I was fine with them being limited to those forced to use them for physical reasons!
Selfish is WAY off base, different seasons are and have always been, for those who choose to buy the equipment, learn how to use it, and enjoy another season. Take MZ season for instance, I currently shoot a smokeless mz because its legal and the most effective weapon allowed during that season. I wouldnt have any problem however if TN went to a PRIMITIVE only weapon allowed during MZ season. I would simply get the equipment allowed and learn how to use it. I sure wouldnt call people selfish just because they were willing to learn something new and use it to their advantage!EVERYTHING in life is NOT all about making things easy for everybody who wants to participate! Nothing wrong with hard work and trying to achieve goals that everyone isnt interested in trying to achieve. This subject reminds me of the Dumbing down of America, why would we purposely remove Bow hunting and all that comes with it because gun hunting is EASIER and EVERYBODY can do it??? Just my opinion anyway!

#3224452 - 04/17/13 01:28 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Winchester]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Bow season should be for longbows and recurves only. It should be from Sept.1-10. Then archery season should open and run until it closes and any type of equipment that involves a string or cable and an arrow-like device should be legal.

However, only persons over 65 should be allowed to hunt. Everyone else should be forced to come on here and bitch about it.

Do y'll not realize the crappie are tearing it up? I have fish to clean and that is better than whacking this poor, expired equine. Whyinell should anyone care what I shoot deer with. I don't care what anyone else uses.

#3224514 - 04/17/13 02:33 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: cecil30-30]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
 Originally Posted By: Relentless

It thats the case,then why don't you use a long or recurve bow during archery season? I mean a compound bow is leaps and bounds ahead of a recure or long bow.

EXACTLY!!!

There is no real legitimate argument anyone can make about crossbows that can't be made about any weapon you use. These type of threads are just a waste of time...

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3224570 - 04/17/13 03:38 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

I bet TWRA would answer tradition as an answer to "special seasons".

That would require that actual "tradition" be involved in these special seasons. In my opinion, "tradition" means generations of hunters having lived with, participated in, and treasured these special seasons. Yet "special weapon seasons," and especially their impact on deer hunting, are fairly recent inclusions in deer hunting. Most were created in my lifetime, and their real impact (actual hunter participation in large numbers) did not begin until the commercial availability of the compound bow (late 70s and early 80s) and the inline muzzleloader (90s). In essence, there is no lengthy "tradition" involving these seasons.

Quote:
Im thinking you are for an all weapons season.Dont you think that would lead to more hunters in the woods,for a longer time,and to a drastic decrease in daylight buck movement?

I don't believe the amount of "daylight buck movement" should play any role in determining season dates and lengths. Season dates/lengths should be based on providing the maximum hunting opportunities to the maximum number of hunters that do no significant harm to the resource (deer population and structure).
You could be right on the tradition thing,but I was given that answer once on here by a TWRA official when I asked about the need for a MZL season.

I think the reasons for "special seasons" is lobbyist.Bow and MZL manufactureres would sell FAR fewer bows and MZLs without special seasons.

I guess we will just have to disagree,which is fine,but I do think if you opened the season as we do now,and made it all weapons,you surely would see less daylight buck movement,which eventually would leaed to less hunter satisfaction.

#3224632 - 04/17/13 04:23 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: pass-thru]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: pass-thru

Bow hunters are much less impact than gun hunters.

By this reasoning (those who have the least "impact" get to hunt first), then the timing of when a person gets to start hunting each year should be based on their harvest success in previous years. The more years they've gone without killing a deer/buck, the earlier they get to open deer season. The more deer/bucks a person killed in the recent past, the later they get to open season.

Those who killed 3 bucks last year get to start hunting January 1st, and season closes January 2nd. ;\)

#3224660 - 04/17/13 04:50 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
WRbowhunter
8 Point

Loc: collierville,tn

Bowhunters are just better hunters. Therefore the great people at TWRA have granted bowhunters the longest deer season. Everyone else is just jealous and selfish by not wanting us to have the woods alone. But hey we are not elitist. Anyone can join our club. All you have to do is buy a bow and get a license. You don't even have to practice or have any skill. They have special bows for these type of folks that lay sideways and come with a scope and a trigger. Heck you can even use a rest. How great is that. For the rest don't hate.

#3224672 - 04/17/13 04:55 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Bowhunters are just better hunters. Therefore the great people at TWRA have granted bowhunters the longest deer season. Everyone else is just jealous and selfish by not wanting us to have the woods alone.

HA!!! \:D

Quote:
But hey we are not elitist.

Riiiiight...

Actually, bow hunters are such lousy hunters they need to get first crack at the deer to ever be successful! ;\)

#3224702 - 04/17/13 05:19 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Bsk is jealous because he can't shoot a bow worth a crap ;\) \:D

#3224762 - 04/17/13 06:47 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
timberjack86
14 Point

Bowhunters are just better hunters. Therefore the great people at TWRA have granted bowhunters the longest deer season. Everyone else is just jealous and selfish by not wanting us to have the woods alone. But hey we are not elitist. Anyone can join our club. All you have to do is buy a bow and get a license. You don't even have to practice or have any skill. They have special bows for these type of folks that lay sideways and come with a scope and a trigger. Heck you can even use a rest. How great is that. For the rest don't hate.
I shoot a bow and that makes me special

#3224797 - 04/17/13 07:27 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
Relentless
4 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Ahahahaha

#3225184 - 04/18/13 07:38 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: WRbowhunter]
Winchester
Non-Typical

EXACTLY, nothing elite about a group that welcomes any and all to join their ranks with welcome arms!! Just buy a bow or even a xbow and HUNT!!!

#3225203 - 04/18/13 08:06 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
BSK
Non-Typical

Certainly not jealous (I don't enjoy bow-hunting or hunting with any short-range weapon--it's not the weapon but the range of the weapon I don't enjoy), but absolute true that I can't shoot a bow worth crap, at least at live deer! \:\(

#3225729 - 04/18/13 05:10 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No, no, we habe to let the humor go and get back to various forms of bashing. Where was I...oh yeah, if you think crossbows are easy, try running through a thicket with one on your back and the toilet paper back at the truck.

The pain intensifies and you know you are not going to make it. Oh Lord! If I just had a compound or even better, a cheap recurve, I could get through these cedars and not have to cut off another shirt sleeve.

Nothing easy about hunting with a crossbow. It aint for sissies. Join today-Start Hunting It Today-the association for slimmer, bows.

#3225910 - 04/18/13 08:33 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Certainly not jealous (I don't enjoy bow-hunting or hunting with any short-range weapon--it's not the weapon but the range of the weapon I don't enjoy), but absolute true that I can't shoot a bow worth crap, at least at live deer! \:\(
interesting, I prefer shooting em at closer range. The closer the deer are, the more adrenaline. Do you prefer sniping em across power lines cuts?

#3226445 - 04/19/13 10:16 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
morgancountry
4 Point

Loc: wartburg, tn

well I have been using a crossbow for 2 years now. Before I used a compound for 10 yrs. I bought a crossbow for one reason, I hike an hour to an hour and a half sometimes and dont want to pack a stand. So, I ike the crossbow for ground hunting. That being said, hunting with it is a lot harder; its heavy, cumbersome, and loud. And my recurve crossbow is more primitive than the new compounds are. Plus, it makes it easier for guys like me who work long hours to bow hunt without spending a 1,000 hrs practicing. Just my .02
#3226491 - 04/19/13 11:37 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: morgancountry]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Originally Posted By: morgancountry
That being said, hunting with it is a lot harder; its heavy, cumbersome, and loud.

I am completely off the subject of bow vs crossbow. I don't care what people hunt with. But this has absolutely no truth to it. Sure, each method has its own difficulties; but you cannot tell me that a crossbow is harder to hunt with than a compound when at the end of your sentence you say you use it because you don't have time to practice.

#3226571 - 04/19/13 01:46 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
morgancountry
4 Point

That being said, hunting with it is a lot harder; its heavy, cumbersome, and loud.

I am completely off the subject of bow vs crossbow. I don't care what people hunt with. But this has absolutely no truth to it. Sure, each method has its own difficulties; but you cannot tell me that a crossbow is harder to hunt with than a compound when at the end of your sentence you say you use it because you don't have time to practice.

During the actual act of hunting, getting into the woods,transporting, yes it is. The only thing harder with a compund is picking when to draw the bow. So you can't say there is absolutely no truth in my statement. I have hunted a lot with both. That is my opinion. If I had more time to practice, and pre placed stands, I would def use a compound because its lighter and easier to carry.

#3227132 - 04/20/13 07:55 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redheadshooter]
bowriter
Non-Typical

His statement is completely accurate. It is harder to hunt with as in more difficult in terms of usage. Having or not having to practice has nothing to with how hard it is to hunt with. Apples and oranges.

There are only two advantages to a crossbow. They require less practice-none for most. And once sighted in, can be mastered by almost anyone. That is it.

I have several decades invested in archery. I got my first bow in the late '60s. The last few have years have been with a crossbow. For a few years, I could pull a compound back enough to shoot once or twice, not enough to practice and stay sharp. Then, I could not pull one at all.

In my six or seven years of crossbow hunting, I came to hate them for their weight and cumbersome qualities. Also, you cannot bend around a tree and shoot one. Therefore, they cost you shots. I have to hang mine on a hook. I cannot hold it in my lap. Getting it down has cost me far more deer than pulling a vertical bow ever did.

They are no more accurate, have no greater range or kill any better than a compound.
You do not have to practice with them and they are quite easy to learn to shoot. That is it and anyone who says otherwise either has not hunted with one or is just lying. Big difference between hunting with one and shooting or seeing someone shoot one from a bench in a shop. I believe my longest shot to date is about 38-yards-far less than my longest with a compound.

I am not compensated by any crossbow company and don't give a flying circus what laws may or may not be passed. The above is just the plain, unvarnished facts of the matter from someone who has shot and hunted with everything from longbows to the most sophisticated crossbows.

#3227169 - 04/20/13 09:20 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
BSK
Non-Typical

interesting, I prefer shooting em at closer range. The closer the deer are, the more adrenaline. Do you prefer sniping em across power lines cuts?

I PREFER very close range shots (most of my kills occur at ranges inside 35 yards). But I've made enough kills at 60 yards that I don't want to be limited to only close range shots by the weapon I'm carrying.

#3227220 - 04/20/13 11:10 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Well heckster, BSK, didn't you know a crossbow is lethal out to 100 yards or more. Bubba tolt me he seent some guy shoot a dime at 80-yards down at the Snatch and Grab bow shop. Them guy what shoot em will kill the hole heard.

#3227935 - 04/21/13 02:59 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Well heckster, BSK, didn't you know a crossbow is lethal out to 100 yards or more. Bubba tolt me he seent some guy shoot a dime at 80-yards down at the Snatch and Grab bow shop. Them guy what shoot em will kill the hole heard.

Yup, goes right along with the old stories from Europe of the English Longbow being lethal at 1,000 yards.

#3227952 - 04/21/13 03:39 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

NEVER, should we have moved on from the spear.
Back when we used spears, there was a real challenge to hunting, and one HAD to practice to be good with his spear.

But now, so-called hunters head afield with an entire quiver full of arrows (or bolts as some call them).

#3228327 - 04/22/13 07:14 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Wes Parrish]
BSK
Non-Typical

You tell 'em Wes! \:D

#3228410 - 04/22/13 08:25 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Winchester
Non-Typical

One of the BIGGEST challenges in being succesful at very close range with a Bow, is getting drawn undetected with the deer at very close range! This IS NOT a problem with a Xbow any more than it is with a rifle. Simply pull the trigger!!!
#3228596 - 04/22/13 11:35 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Winchester]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

One of the BIGGEST challenges in being succesful at very close range with a Bow, is getting drawn undetected with the deer at very close range! This IS NOT a problem with a Xbow any more than it is with a rifle. Simply pull the trigger!!!
I agree with that,you usually have to stand up and draw a regular compound,but I dont care if people hunt with a cross bow.

#3228676 - 04/22/13 01:18 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
morgancountry
4 Point

His statement is completely accurate. It is harder to hunt with as in more difficult in terms of usage. Having or not having to practice has nothing to with how hard it is to hunt with. Apples and oranges.

There are only two advantages to a crossbow. They require less practice-none for most. And once sighted in, can be mastered by almost anyone. That is it.

I have several decades invested in archery. I got my first bow in the late '60s. The last few have years have been with a crossbow. For a few years, I could pull a compound back enough to shoot once or twice, not enough to practice and stay sharp. Then, I could not pull one at all.

In my six or seven years of crossbow hunting, I came to hate them for their weight and cumbersome qualities. Also, you cannot bend around a tree and shoot one. Therefore, they cost you shots. I have to hang mine on a hook. I cannot hold it in my lap. Getting it down has cost me far more deer than pulling a vertical bow ever did.

They are no more accurate, have no greater range or kill any better than a compound.
You do not have to practice with them and they are quite easy to learn to shoot. That is it and anyone who says otherwise either has not hunted with one or is just lying. Big difference between hunting with one and shooting or seeing someone shoot one from a bench in a shop. I believe my longest shot to date is about 38-yards-far less than my longest with a compound.

I am not compensated by any crossbow company and don't give a flying circus what laws may or may not be passed. The above is just the plain, unvarnished facts of the matter from someone who has shot and hunted with everything from longbows to the most sophisticated crossbows.

I completely agree about shooting behind the tree. I didn't even think about that until I was up in the tree, watching the deer behind me, crossbow in my hand wondering how in the world I was was going to shoot it...lol. I am saving money now to buy a compund to hunt from a stand with and still use my crossbow on the ground.

#3229431 - 04/23/13 12:51 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
bowriter
Non-Typical

I agree with that,you usually have to stand up and draw a regular compound,but I dont care if people hunt with a cross bow.

If you have never hunted with a crossbow, you may believe this to be true. However, it is completely inacurate. If you are sitting down and shoot a target, then it is somewhat true. If you are hunting a live animal, it is completely false. It may well be, only those who have hunted with a crossbow will undertand.

#3229433 - 04/23/13 12:55 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

i never stand. i don't recall ever standing to shoot from a treestand.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3229586 - 04/23/13 04:39 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: stik]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Stik-when I was using a vertical bow, I probably shot 90% of my deer from a sitting position. I practiced that way and only stood when I had to lean around the tree. I can also recall very few times I got caught drawing. I have never understood all the fuss about it.

#3230326 - 04/24/13 10:56 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: stik]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: stik

i never stand. i don't recall ever standing to shoot from a treestand.
Assuming your right handed,how would you shoot at a deer to your extreme right,with a bow,without standing to turn that way?

#3230328 - 04/24/13 10:59 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

If you have never hunted with a crossbow, you may believe this to be true. However, it is completely inacurate. If you are sitting down and shoot a target, then it is somewhat true. If you are hunting a live animal, it is completely false. It may well be, only those who have hunted with a crossbow will undertand.
I have HUNTED with a crossbow,and I have HUNTED a live animal with a crossbow.Once again,I dont care if you hunt with a crobow,compound bow,sling shot,spear,sharp rock,or just hurl insults at em.

#3230471 - 04/24/13 02:22 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Here is a photo of a cat with a pancake on it's head.

#3230527 - 04/24/13 03:32 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
BSK
Non-Typical

Funniest post in a long time TT!!! \:D

But you didn't answer the question of whether the cat can shoot a crossbow at a live deer while sitting down and having a pancake on its head.

#3230541 - 04/24/13 03:51 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: BSK]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Didn't think it was still possible to get 5 pages out of a Crossbow debate....

#3230646 - 04/24/13 05:18 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No. That is not a pancake. Take a closer look. That is a flapjack. They are twice as hard to digest and weigh far more than a pancake. If you research the I-Hop record books, you will note not a single eating contest has allowed flapjacks. That is as it should be. They cannot be eaten vertically.

As for the cat, I have reached the age, I am no longer much interested. I believe it is called calendar disease. That is why I have a bedroom of my own, now.

#3231402 - 04/25/13 11:03 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
morgancountry
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
Didn't think it was still possible to get 5 pages out of a Crossbow debate....

Well, you did title the thread "Kick a dead horse, then kick it some more..." Were those not the instructions?...lol

#3231410 - 04/25/13 11:12 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd
Here is a photo of a cat with a pancake on it's head.

I actually,"Laughed out loud" \:\)

#3231680 - 04/25/13 05:17 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
timberjack86
14 Point

No. That is not a pancake. Take a closer look. That is a flapjack. They are twice as hard to digest and weigh far more than a pancake. If you research the I-Hop record books, you will note not a single eating contest has allowed flapjacks. That is as it should be. They cannot be eaten vertically.

As for the cat, I have reached the age, I am no longer much interested. I believe it is called calendar disease. That is why I have a bedroom of my own, now.
You must be blind that's a waffle and that cat is a black panther.

#3232125 - 04/26/13 08:35 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Good post TT, as its about as legit as some of the posts on this thread!!!
#3232190 - 04/26/13 10:06 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Winchester]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Do I have to be disabled to be allowed a flapjack instead of a pancake?

#3232329 - 04/26/13 01:39 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

The real question is, how did the flapjack get on the cat's head. Some say it was thrown. I believe it was sailed. A few think an Amish guy with crossbow laetr shot the cat to get the flapjack.

No matter what you believe, the cat did need shooting.

#3232365 - 04/26/13 02:42 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

bowriter, you bring up an excellent point. My guess is that it came from the rabbit's head......

#3232422 - 04/26/13 04:09 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No. The rabbit came later. First was buzzard, who was out in the yard. Then, the tur-tel who was down by the well. The rabb-it just happened to step... in the way of the flapjack that was sailing through the air from the force of the crossbow arrow hitting cat. It then became a rabbat hat. With armholes, it could become a jack-et.

#3232513 - 04/26/13 06:43 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
timberjack86
14 Point

That's not a flapjack

#3232544 - 04/26/13 07:13 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
That's not a flapjack
Waffle?

#3232766 - 04/26/13 11:33 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Yes it's a waffle

#3232822 - 04/27/13 06:56 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

How did the rabbit get on top the girrafe?

#3232977 - 04/27/13 09:31 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

LMAO!! \:D \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3233090 - 04/27/13 11:57 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: in the dog house!]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

This has turned into the greatest thread ever on the Serious Forum!
#3233106 - 04/27/13 12:18 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Well, it's a killer rabbit, and it first killed the giraffe with a crossbow (which it never had the skill to do with a vertical bow) and then made its hide into a rug. So it is sitting on top of the giraffe's hide.

#3233118 - 04/27/13 12:41 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

You all have it all wrong. It is obvious that all cross bow shooters are bunny huggers. The pancake/flapjack/waffle was put there by the liberals as a distraction and it has obviously worked. Now focus and get back to the real reason crossbows were legalized. It is a vast left wing conspiracy to cause a rift in the hunting community so that they can get there liberal agenda brought to the forefront during the upcoming season setting meeting next month.

#3233244 - 04/27/13 04:21 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

That doesn't take the flapawful into account. I believe he was trying to bump uglies with the G-raff when Heming Ernestway shot it with a comcross waffverticas.

#3233251 - 04/27/13 04:29 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

That doesn't take the flapawful into account. I believe he was trying to bump uglies with the G-raff when Heming Ernestway shot it with a comcross waffverticas.
No, Heming Ernestway shot it with a parhoon. The wild cougars ate all the meat off before he was able to get it in.

#3233299 - 04/27/13 05:40 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
timberjack86
14 Point

Well, it's a killer rabbit, and it first killed the giraffe with a crossbow (which it never had the skill to do with a vertical bow) and then made its hide into a rug. So it is sitting on top of the giraffe's hide.
\:D nothing left to add after that \:D

#3233680 - 04/28/13 09:11 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Orion6
8 Point

Loc: Soddy Daisy,TN

I like vertical bows, I like crossbows.

Everybody freaked out when they legalized them, nothing has changed. You still have to find the deer and make the shot.

Much ado about nothing.

#3233772 - 04/28/13 12:21 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Orion6]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Orion6

Everybody freaked out when they legalized them, nothing has changed. You still have to find the deer and make the shot.

Much ado about nothing.

You sir, obviously know nothing about this site or rabbits. When you take into account the animals involved, the picture was obviously taken on the south lawn of the Right House. Therefore, it is a Slowbama plot.

Or perhaps, a plite.

#3233921 - 04/28/13 04:38 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Orion6

Much ado about nothing.

You sir, obviously know nothing about this site or rabbits. When you take into account the animals involved, the picture was obviously taken on the south lawn of the Right House. Therefore, it is a Slowbama plot.

Or perhaps, a plite.

Agree completely.

#3234208 - 04/28/13 09:12 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: woodsman87]
Terence
4 Point

This is the stuff that really bothers me when someone like myself actually cant use a compound bow. So basically this guy can kiss my A$$
#3234344 - 04/29/13 07:12 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Terence]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

What was the question?

#3234359 - 04/29/13 07:32 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

What was the question?

You will find it in paragraph seven, page 10967 of obamas healthcare bill, but don't read it, Nancy Pelosi wants to be the first to read it.

#3234394 - 04/29/13 08:05 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Speaking of Nancy Pelosi, here is a painting I did of her sister
Lacey Pelosi with a pancake on her head.

#3234399 - 04/29/13 08:10 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

#3234402 - 04/29/13 08:15 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: RUGER]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

#3234443 - 04/29/13 08:51 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
woodsman87
8 Point

The off-season is already messing with everybody's brains.

I will be having withdrawals when turkey season is over, and ready to skip all summer all the way to September 1st. I don't golf or fish very much.

Edited by woodsman87 (04/29/13 08:53 AM)

#3234449 - 04/29/13 08:53 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Terence]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Terence
This is the stuff that really bothers me when someone like myself actually cant use a compound bow. So basically this guy can kiss my A$$

We need clarification. What guy and which a$$?

As the fellows once asked, "Is that Horizontal?"

His friend replied, "I'm not sure. I don't know her name. She could well be vertical."

#3234534 - 04/29/13 10:09 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

LOL @ TT

touche' \:D

#3234714 - 04/29/13 01:17 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: RUGER]
bowriter
Non-Typical

I just remembered. We had pancakes for breakfast yesterday, I ate three. I believe the last one had a rabbit hanging from it. It appeared to me he was vertical.

#3234768 - 04/29/13 02:16 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

#3234821 - 04/29/13 03:24 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

I don't always eat pancakes, but when I do, I prefer flapjacks. Stay vertical my friends.

#3234854 - 04/29/13 04:06 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Venison jerky fuels a turkey hunt.

#3234879 - 04/29/13 04:31 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Poser]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Melt about an inch of a stick butter, add two heaping tbs of peranut butter and two of honey. Stir and mix well. The remove the rabbit sna set aside. Smear panjacks with the mixture boths sides and cover the stack with maple syrple. Hit rabbit in the head, hard with a hammer and set aside once more.

Remove the sashages from the fryin pan and add to plate. Pitch rabbit to dogs and set down to eat with a big glass of butter milk. Hold fork in right hand horizontaly. Hold knife in left hand vertically. Use knife to push food onto fork. and keep kids from getting in your plate.

This is known as a bowhunter breakfast both vertical and sidewisely. It is usually enjoyed by both.

#3234923 - 04/29/13 05:18 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
timberjack86
14 Point

Melt about an inch of a stick butter, add two heaping tbs of peranut butter and two of honey. Stir and mix well. The remove the rabbit sna set aside. Smear panjacks with the mixture boths sides and cover the stack with maple syrple. Hit rabbit in the head, hard with a hammer and set aside once more.

Remove the sashages from the fryin pan and add to plate. Pitch rabbit to dogs and set down to eat with a big glass of butter milk. Hold fork in right hand horizontaly. Hold knife in left hand vertically. Use knife to push food onto fork. and keep kids from getting in your plate.

This is known as a bowhunter breakfast both vertical and sidewisely. It is usually enjoyed by both.
I just choked on my dip when I read this \:D

#3234954 - 04/29/13 05:52 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Sorry, but a vertical bow hunter and a horizontal non-bow hunter cannot share a breakfast. It's a travesty that would be a disgrace to all real bow hunters. And if the rabbit should be hit with a hammer, then so should all deer and other game, because a hammer is primitive, not a mechanism with strings and cables. Only real hunters use hammers. And the best use rocks, or their bare hands.

#3234997 - 04/29/13 06:59 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
timberjack86
14 Point

Sorry, but a vertical bow hunter and a horizontal non-bow hunter cannot share a breakfast. It's a travesty that would be a disgrace to all real bow hunters. And if the rabbit should be hit with a hammer, then so should all deer and other game, because a hammer is primitive, not a mechanism with strings and cables. Only real hunters use hammers. And the best use rocks, or their bare hands.
I propose a 1 rabbit limit. Hammers only. Anyone who is against me is stupid and there opinion dose not matter!

#3235003 - 04/29/13 07:04 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: timberjack86]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

I propose a 1 rabbit limit. Hammers only. Anyone who is against me is stupid and there opinion dose not matter!
that would explain why our rabbit population is not booming and you don't see many Boone and Crockett rabbits around here. It's not the coyotes, it's the brown-downer rabbit hunters. Clearly we need a 1 rabbit limit, you are right. Hammers only so we don't get too many gun hunters cheating with bullets and crossbows in the woods.

#3235025 - 04/29/13 07:32 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
timberjack86
14 Point

that would explain why our rabbit population is not booming and you don't see many Boone and Crockett rabbits around here. It's not the coyotes, it's the brown-downer rabbit hunters. Clearly we need a 1 rabbit limit, you are right. Hammers only so we don't get too many gun hunters cheating with bullets and crossbows in the woods.
Yep. Kentucky soils grow better waffles and they have a 1 rabbit limit.

#3235034 - 04/29/13 07:38 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Actually, a real bowhunter will eat with just about anyone they deem worthy of sharing a meal with. A real bowhunter does not care about the equipment one uses. They understand bowhunting has nothing to do with equipment. They know it is a skill level attained. They seldom make bad shots, seldom need help finding an animal and understand you do not become a bowhunter by simply killing a few animals with a bow. They master the equipment through long hours of practice and fully understand what shots should and should not be taken based on their ability.

Many aspire. A few make it.

#3235341 - 04/30/13 07:23 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Did you hear Mark Sanchez threw Tim Tebow a going away party?

Yep. It was intercepted.

#3235668 - 04/30/13 02:45 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Did you hear Mark Sanchez threw Tim Tebow a going away party?

Didn't hear that, but did hear something about your throwing a party for your friend Jason Collins?

#3237337 - 05/02/13 04:11 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Wes Parrish]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Well heck, y'all done? This sucker is swelled and aint nobody going to kick the gas out of it.

Bunch of Nancy boys.

Shor pants, tennis shoes, T-shirt, crossbow and kill two in 30-seconds while balancing on a small limb over and deep drainage ditch with no toilet paper.

That's what I'm talking about! Man things!

#3237766 - 05/03/13 07:22 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Nice Yoga pants there John.

I bet your wife would appreciate you wearing your own clothes if you gonna go outside in the woods.....

Nice little buck there too you piece of trash. Makes me wish more and more we had a one buck limit like they do over in India.
Of course we don't have the soil they do but at least that buck would have a chance to make it past yoga pants.

#3238441 - 05/03/13 07:57 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
timberjack86
14 Point

I bet your wife would appreciate you wearing your own clothes if you gonna go outside in the woods.....

Nice little buck there too you piece of trash. Makes me wish more and more we had a one buck limit like they do over in India.
Of course we don't have the soil they do but at least that buck would have a chance to make it past yoga pants.
\:D

#3238534 - 05/03/13 08:59 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Pretty harsh for a mod imo

#3238586 - 05/03/13 09:44 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: mike243]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Originally Posted By: mike243

Pretty harsh for a mod imo
it's tongue in cheek

#3238737 - 05/04/13 08:55 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No, I doubt it is tongue in cheek that guy, whoever he is has always been somewhat of a cloaca and shows it on regular basis. You just have to ignore some folks. Makes it easy to go through life with a smile.

#3239164 - 05/04/13 11:06 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: woodsman87]
DeerKiller2012
6 Point

Loc: Southern Middle TN

#3239173 - 05/04/13 11:49 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: DeerKiller2012]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

yoga pants, now that is funny

#3239427 - 05/05/13 11:59 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: redblood]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Actually, my yoga pants are far too costly to hunt in. Besdies they are way too baggy. Those are just some old lighteight long underwear bottoms. Yoga is one of the most beneficial things I do and the scenery is not bad, either.

#3239474 - 05/05/13 12:45 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Don't let this thread degenerate into yoga... \:D

#3239580 - 05/05/13 03:52 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
bowriter
Non-Typical

If I had started yoga 10-years earlier, I may still be able to shoot a compound and I dang sure wish I had done it when I was making a living riding bucking horses and bulls.

#3239669 - 05/05/13 05:41 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

So, only real bowhunters do yoga?

#3240006 - 05/05/13 10:10 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: catman529]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

\:D \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3240079 - 05/06/13 06:02 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: in the dog house!]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No Catman, only smart ones, ones perfectly comfortable with their masculinity or femininty if they are of the female lady woman persuasion. As skinny as you are, you should do well at putting your feet behind your ears.

#3240086 - 05/06/13 06:40 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

LOL @ BW

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

#3240140 - 05/06/13 07:50 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

No, I doubt it is tongue in cheek that guy, whoever he is has always been somewhat of a cloaca and shows it on regular basis. You just have to ignore some folks. Makes it easy to go through life with a smile.

I'll be honest with you, do NOT try to google, "Cloaca with a pancake on it's head".

It's not pretty.

#3240315 - 05/06/13 11:15 AM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

I'll be honest with you, do NOT try to google, "Cloaca with a pancake on it's head".

It's not pretty.
Well,Im gonna havta look now.....

#3240371 - 05/06/13 12:52 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Football Hunter]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

I googled "yoga leotard", and what came up . . . .
looked exactly like what Bowriter wears bowhunting.

And I think can now see what ticked off Tennessee Todd so much.
You see, Bowriter was wearing his wife's navy "LuLu Lemon" leotards. It's actually a hypocrisy kind of thing, since Bowriter specifically took these leotards away from his wife, and forbade her from wearing them ever again. Next thing you know, Bowriter is out deer hunting in his wife's leotards, and it was Tennessee Todd, upon having heard of the forbade clothes, caught Bowriter in the act of wearing the forbidden leotards. Was even on the national news . . . . . link below.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/...designer/63854/

#3240419 - 05/06/13 01:39 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Wes Parrish]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Aint a leotard one of them cat aminals what has spots and can sometimes be almost black? What I'm wearing is heavily tick dope sprayed long handles what is wore out in just the right places. You can't do no yogurt with your danglies showin. But by wearing shorts over em, you can wade briars if you are tough enough.

#3240423 - 05/06/13 01:44 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: bowriter]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

You can't do no yogurt with your danglies showin.

Oh, but you can! \:D

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/...designer/63854/

And THOSE leotards, (aka Bowriter's Briar Britches), even with those shorts over them, they're no match for the briars I wade!

#3240643 - 05/06/13 05:34 PM Re: Beat a dead horse, then kick it some more.... [Re: Wes Parrish]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Nobody my age should be danglie danglin at nuthin. En I can wade briars with the bestbeadle hound or rabbit with a flapjack. And that is a fact, Jack.

Where's my tea?

Page all of 13 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (CamoGator, Thicketmaster, Southpaw, SharpEyeGirl, travle, AndyW, 3 invisible) and 75 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99439 Topics
1169762 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.