Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3221241 - 04/13/13 07:29 PM Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=9458

• Unimaginable stress, irrepressible memories, psychoactive prescription drugs make lethal combination

By Pat Shannan

With what must be one of the strangest statistics in the history of wartime, the Pentagon has released the fact that more soldiers are dying overseas by committing suicide than from combat wounds —about one a day. July 2012 was the worst on record, a month that saw 38 soldiers take their own lives and with 349 recorded for the year. These figures have doubled in the past decade.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3221585 - 04/14/13 09:19 AM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: Stalkhunter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Awful. \:\(

#3221955 - 04/14/13 06:21 PM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: moondawg]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

No offense here but I was in the military and did several deployments. I agree that the suicide rates are up in the military but blame it more on "Mothers of America" than I do the government. We live in a society of parents who do not like to have their children lose or to be put under any ttype of stress. While I was in I saw many a kid (kid because they obviously were not adults but did have the body of one) call their mother because they were yelled at. The mother in turn would call a congressman and everything would roll down hill. This all translated to kids that could not handle the stress of real training and much less actual combat. Not every case was because of this but I truly believe that many of them were the root cause. As I trained my Marines I learned how to react to discipline them because some you could yell at to get your point through while others would tone you out. Often those that toned you out would go crazy if you whispered in their ear (litteraly had kids crap their pants and pee all over their self) and it was obvious that these kids would not last in any combat situations. These were the same ones who usually grew up with no father and in a house of women who coddled them. These were also the same ones who often attempted suicide. Just my opinion from the things that I saw but not discrediting that there are many who are pushed over the edge and or drugged into a suicidal state.

#3222182 - 04/15/13 03:01 AM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: hunter0925]
44fanatic
12 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Montgomery Cnty

hunter0925...I hear you on every word you spoke and have lived it also. Military training has gotten soft and our military members have not been "stressed out" before combat so when they get to combat, they crumble. Having the blood on my hands of a kid who killed himself while deployed, I say the military needs to get harder in initial training and weed out those that cannot handle it. This individual did not see dead bodies, did not lose any friends, did not have the nightmares that many of our fighting force has to deal with...this individual had a hard time dealing with an NCO making him clean his uniform, weapon and showing up for work on time. I had a nice conversation one day with my Command Sergeant Major, she had to pull a Soldier out of the guard tower who had a hard time seeing injured infants and children coming through the gate to get medical care. This Soldier should have been separated cause they could not handle the stress of the reality of combat. The next thing they need to do is reduce the drugs and start getting to the root of the problem and treating that.

#3222189 - 04/15/13 04:29 AM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: 44fanatic]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Its happening to alot of these kids that havent even deployed. I see it as the quality of recruits. Its almost like you have to get half a dozen or more recruits to even get 1 halfway decent soldier anymore. We get alot of kids now that havent met even the most basic standards in initial training but they are still passed on to us instead of being discharged, so we then have to put up with the problem until we can get a just cause for discharging them. Like the others are saying, the weak are not being weeded out.

#3222253 - 04/15/13 07:57 AM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: smstone22]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

I was waiting ti see some of the responces. I feel sorry that the rate is up. I believe the problem is that most go in the military for the college money. They are not there for the correct reason.

The down fall in training standards have done this as well. They are not weeding out the week. Why have boot camp anymore. They want them weak. The lack of discipline in the family has done this as well.

It will only get worst with the intergration of women in combat rolls and well you know the other area. It purely sickens me.

I am glad for the most part that i am out. I would be court martialed in this new military. My brother always asked me that questio. Do you think you would have made it to retiremnt little brother if you had not got wounded.

My ansewer to him was, "I just dont know, I just dont know. The standards have been dropped so low. It scares me to see were the military is going."

Edited by Stalkhunter (04/15/13 04:49 PM)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3222457 - 04/15/13 11:55 AM Re: Military Suicides Hit Epidemic Levels [Re: Stalkhunter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I play in a band with a guy guy who was a Sergeant in the Army. He was deployed in Iraq, and his platoon were going over battle strategy. One of his underlings (either a Private or Corporal) , said that he didn't want to shoot anyone, that he was in the Army for college money. Sgt R looked him in the eye and said, "if you DON'T shoot, I'll shoot you myself."

He told me some of the stuff he went through, like seeing one of his buddies killed. I can't begin to imagine the stuff he's seen.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
123 registered (SALTMAN, caretaker, bigbuck5, hunter45, huntintn, Rockhound, 14 invisible) and 153 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93382 Topics
1090410 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.105 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.