Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3220684 - 04/12/13 07:37 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: pressfit]
bowtechgump
Spike

Loc: Maury Co.,Tennessee

Originally Posted By: pressfit
Did yanahli come about when tva was forced to shut down the dam because of the snail darter?

Yes, and that sucker is everywhere. My family is from Somerset, Ky and they don't have a bridge crossing the creeks feeding Land Cumberland unless it is for an interstate for that sucker!

#3220687 - 04/12/13 07:42 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: redblood]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: redblood
wma's must be hunted mon-friday.
if I followed that rule I would be 3 birds short this season

#3220689 - 04/12/13 07:43 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: bowtechgump]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: bowtechgump
Catman you hunt Yanahli?
yes often.

#3222116 - 04/14/13 09:25 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: redblood]
drrxnupe
6 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN & Oxford, MS

Originally Posted By: redblood
wma's must be hunted mon-friday.

That's the only time i ever go. I hate to see what it looks like on weekends.

#3222118 - 04/14/13 09:29 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: Poser]
drrxnupe
6 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN & Oxford, MS

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: drrxnupe
I will chime in. This has sort of (and still is) happened to Percy Priest WMA. Due to all of the local residential development, it is absolutely impossible to hunt. I've only hunted it twice this year and both times had random folks walk up and bust birds that I was watching. I understand that everyone has a right to use the land but what about the hunter's right???

Just comes with the territory on PP. Its basically urban hunting. There are both advantages and disadvantages to this. Since that land is COE land, they don't even have to let us hunt it. Would you rather hunt and deal with suburbanites or not be able to hunt it? because those are the only possible 2 options. Even if it was state land/dedicated WMA that required a hunting license to be on during big game seasons, there is no way TWRA would have the man power to enforce that.

I understand your point Poser. Really does suck. One of the guys who came in on me was wearing an orange vest as if he knew what he was doing. To be honest...sometimes I wish they'd just go ahead and make it a safety zone.

#3222519 - 04/15/13 01:09 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: bowtechgump]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

Did yanahli come about when tva was forced to shut down the dam because of the snail darter?

Yes, and that sucker is everywhere. My family is from Somerset, Ky and they don't have a bridge crossing the creeks feeding Land Cumberland unless it is for an interstate for that sucker!

My dad has/had a real close fried who lived on a big family farm that tva "confiscated" in order to build the dam.. 2-300 hundred acres.. well when it got canceled he tried to buy back his family farm... which is still there... and they said "no dice"..

#3223534 - 04/16/13 02:10 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: catman529]
bowtechgump
Spike

Originally Posted By: catman529
Catman you hunt Yanahli?
yes often.

I do as well. Surprised I haven't seen you around the sticks. You wanna chat out spots?

#3223733 - 04/16/13 06:00 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: bowtechgump]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

I believe this is inaccurate. The Columbia Dam Project was shut down because of an endangered mussel, not the snail darter.

#3223837 - 04/16/13 08:01 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: kdxdude]
bowtechgump
Spike

Originally Posted By: kdxdude

I believe this is inaccurate. The Columbia Dam Project was shut down because of an endangered mussel, not the snail darter.

I agree they tell you it was because of a mussel now that is true. However when the dam project was first overturned it was because of a snail darter which was found a few years later to not be "endangered" at all. The quick fix was on then and the "mussel" was the official red herring to foot the bill.

#3223846 - 04/16/13 08:07 PM Re: Yanahli Land BEING TAKEN!!! ATTENTION!!! [Re: bowtechgump]
bowtechgump
Spike

Originally Posted By: kdxdude

But then you can read this and get more info on conspiracies.....
http://www.t-g.com/story/1284225.html
I agree they tell you it was because of a mussel now that is true. However when the dam project was first overturned it was because of a snail darter which was found a few years later to not be "endangered" at all. The quick fix was on then and the "mussel" was the official red herring to foot the bill.

Edited by bowtechgump (04/16/13 08:09 PM)

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (varmint1111, hillbill, Brandon Todd, usanglure, gobblegrunt, Prowler) and 71 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95695 Topics
1120202 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.