Topic Options
#3219713 - 04/11/13 05:55 PM "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/starve-beast-dont-join-military-war.html

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3219927 - 04/11/13 09:19 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: Stalkhunter]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

I just deleted a very long reply that would alienate many with some pretty radical thoughts of mine regarding the use of US military by President Bush (post Afghanistan) and Barack Obama.

Suffice it to say that I pretty much agree with the intent of the man in the video.

Until this country rids itself of the elitists that have riddled it like a disease, maybe we should "starve the beast."

Until Al Qaeda attacked the mainland US, we hadn't had a true "fighting for our freedom" war since World War II.
They played our patriotism like a violin.

We put puppet regimes in place after we ourselves send our kids in to die fighting, instead of their own pathetic, cowardly excuses for "men".
Then the puppets turn on us.

For the past several years, since the main war against Al Qaeda, our GI's have being murdered, crippled, maimed, and sacrificed purely for political reasons, and to make money for others. Our veterans are dumped onto a Veterans Administration that cannot or will not adequately care for their wounds, disabilities, and the PTSD most of them suffer with.
An entire generation of veterans is at risk.

I see where this gentleman is coming from.
I really do.

Let Haji and Faroukh die for their own worthless sand, "for their freedom."

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3219973 - 04/11/13 10:09 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: sgtwebb1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

As much as it pains me to say it, it's difficult to find much to rebut in the linked video, or in your comments on it for that matter.

#3220340 - 04/12/13 11:09 AM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: sgtwebb1]
280longshot
8 Point

Loc: Tn, Tipton

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
I just deleted a very long reply that would alienate many with some pretty radical thoughts of mine regarding the use of US military by President Bush (post Afghanistan) and Barack Obama.

Suffice it to say that I pretty much agree with the intent of the man in the video.

Until this country rids itself of the elitists that have riddled it like a disease, maybe we should "starve the beast."

Until Al Qaeda attacked the mainland US, we hadn't had a true "fighting for our freedom" war since World War II.
They played our patriotism like a violin.

We put puppet regimes in place after we ourselves send our kids in to die fighting, instead of their own pathetic, cowardly excuses for "men".
Then the puppets turn on us.

For the past several years, since the main war against Al Qaeda, our GI's have being murdered, crippled, maimed, and sacrificed purely for political reasons, and to make money for others. Our veterans are dumped onto a Veterans Administration that cannot or will not adequately care for their wounds, disabilities, and the PTSD most of them suffer with.
An entire generation of veterans is at risk.

I see where this gentleman is coming from.
I really do.

Let Haji and Faroukh die for their own worthless sand, "for their freedom."

I totally agree

#3220451 - 04/12/13 01:47 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: 280longshot]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

It is time to Starve it. I am military as you know but its time.

Wasnt suppose to be a standing Army anyway. Only a militia in this country us. Then Orginized if needed to fight on this soil not on other soil. Many have forgotten and discarded it,

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3220458 - 04/12/13 01:53 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: Stalkhunter]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Stalkhunter
It is time to Starve it. I am military as you know but its time.

Wasnt suppose to be a standing Army anyway. Only a militia in this country us. Then Orginized if needed to fight on this soil not on other soil. Many have forgotten and discarded it,

I'm there.

The US should become Switzerland.
Armed to the teeth, trained citizens that can be called up like the Minutemen of old.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3220483 - 04/12/13 02:15 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: sgtwebb1]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

U.S. Constitution - Article I, Section 8

Clause 12:

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

Guess we just ignored that now didnt we

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3220567 - 04/12/13 04:34 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: Stalkhunter]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

This is a picture of my left arm. You're looking at roughly $1000 worth of patriotic ink. I come from a long line of veterans and I attended USMC Officer Candidate School before washing out with a broken leg. I take my American pride very seriously and loved this country enough to sign up to kill and die for this land. That said, if any of my 3 boys come to me in the future looking to join the military; I'm going to do my level best to talk them out of it.

I can't properly put into words how it GRIEVES me to make this next statement; but I dont believe this country is worth dying for any more. On a local level, my neighbors are worth dying for: I'd lay it all down for Allardt, TN. Even the state of TN. But on a federal level, the progressives have run off and left the good guys.

#3220588 - 04/12/13 05:16 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: AndyW]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Originally Posted By: AndyW

This is a picture of my left arm. You're looking at roughly $1000 worth of patriotic ink. I come from a long line of veterans and I attended USMC Officer Candidate School before washing out with a broken leg. I take my American pride very seriously and loved this country enough to sign up to kill and die for this land. That said, if any of my 3 boys come to me in the future looking to join the military; I'm going to do my level best to talk them out of it.

I can't properly put into words how it GRIEVES me to make this next statement; but I dont believe this country is worth dying for any more. On a local level, my neighbors are worth dying for: I'd lay it all down for Allardt, TN. Even the state of TN. But on a federal level, the progressives have run off and left the good guys.

Andy, that's exactly the sort of thing I had typed out last night, and deleted before I posted my original reply.

"I don't believe this country is worth dying for anymore."

I never, EVER thought I'd say or agree with that statement, but I have to agree.
Her people, individually, or in some groups, absolutely.
But this country isn't the same anymore, it's been headed on a freight train to hell since Reagan left office, and all it's done is pick up steam every 4 years.
It slowed a bit after 9/11, but it's at warp speed now.

Like I said earlier, this government isn't sending our GI's to fight "for our freedom" anymore.
The missions are vague, the politics are twisted, and the outcomes are always, always against our best interests. We simply back the wrong people, again and again.

My youngest son talks all the time about joining the Army in a few years.
I made up my mind awhile back.

Over my dead body.
I WILL NOT sacrifice my son for these Progressive elites and their shadowy schemes.

It's time they went away, and let us rebuild our country.

But we all know that isn't going to happen.
They won't go away without a fight.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3220603 - 04/12/13 05:35 PM Re: "Starve The Beast, Don't Join The Military" - War [Re: sgtwebb1]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I served from '93 - '98 and sadly, I find myself agreeing with the replies. I have been an outspoken supporter of cutting the DoD budget along with entitlement spending. It infuriates me to see "conservatives" like Senator John McCain, Sean Hannity, etc. absolutely refuse to consider reigning in the giant, bloated, wasteful, big-government bureaucracy called the Department of Defense.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (TieCampBuckSlayer, ffmedic, Timber Ghost, TNtrapper, wannabuck, Coach, 11 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88973 Topics
1040851 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.251 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.