Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 10 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3218494 - 04/10/13 11:16 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Again, if we were all homo, we would die out as a species...it's not natural.

Jesus was no doubt accepting to all, but when one came to Him, He had requirements...that sin was to be abandoned and to live a Godly life, that is, according to his commandments and Word.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3218499 - 04/10/13 11:19 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Quote:
The simple fact is that animal behavior/instinct/God given desire is the basis of sexual relationships and marriage. If we did not have it, we would die out as a species

Plugging an extension cord back into itself is not going to turn the lights on either? \:D

I'm not anti-gay. I dont' care what they do. I just reject that suggestion that I have to condone or, in some cases, celebrate what I view as deviant behavior.
I don't believe their behavior should be illegal nor do I believe that my rejection of it should be either.

#3218504 - 04/10/13 11:22 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
The majority of passages that you mention don't actually say anything against homosexuallity.

No, some deal with infidelity, and that marriage is between a man and a woman, the topics that have been raised by your comments. ;\)

#3218514 - 04/10/13 11:28 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

[quote=Crappie Luck]
 Quote:

The suicide rate of homosexuals is 10X that of heterosexuals. Their rate of medicated depression is similar. Many of them have deep seeded personality disorders, unresolved childhood trauma or neglect. It's my believe that a vast majority of homosexuals are acting out symptoms of self-destraction and not actual attraction or lifestyle. (not all, but many).

Being politically correct, denying them access to treatment and just labeling their self-destruction as "normal" or "enlightened" is not helping them. It's celebrating their living heII.

Ironically, it's the Homosexuals themselves who have limited their access to help by demonizing and being offended by the suggestion that they need it in the first place.

Your very statement says they need help like there is something wrong with them. That its a result of a mental disorder or some childhood trauma. You don't think that your opinion could have something to do with why they have such a high suicide rate do you? In addition to your reasoning for them being gay, their behavior is called deviant, unnatural, and an abomination in Gods eyes. I don't know, between your opinion and every elses, I would want to kill myself too if I were gay.

What kind of help are you suggesting they get? Do you really think you can pray the gay away?

#3218518 - 04/10/13 11:40 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Quote:

1) Your very statement says they need help like there is something wrong with them. That its a result of a mental disorder or some childhood trauma.

Of course I am. After all this back and forth you just realized that?

Quote:

2) You don't think that your opinion could have something to do with why they have such a high suicide rate do you?

Again, back to personal responsibility. so it's MY fault that a man servicing another man in a filthy bath house in a city park suffers from low self esteem?

NO WAY, will we even consider that the same personal daemons that drove him to kneel in a pool of urine to please a stranger could also have been a force that ultimately drives him to take his own life.

He has the confidence to walk down a public street wearing nothing but black chaps and lipstick but he's so traumatized by my opinion of disapproval that he ends his entire life.

You're suggestion is ludicrous on it's face.

#3218523 - 04/10/13 11:45 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

[quote=JimFromTN][quote=Crappie Luck]
 Quote:

What kind of help are you suggesting they get? Do you really think you can pray the gay away?

I'm suggesting that it's possible the lack of accepted communication makes it impossible for him to receive treatment for any mental imbalances he may have.

I'm not suggesting prayer specifically, but If prayer helps, why do you disregard it immediately?

is it possible your own prejudice clouds your willingness to accept that he might benefit from a belief in God?

#3218533 - 04/10/13 11:57 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

I have known quite a few gay people in my day and none of them have walked down the street in nothing but a pair of black chaps or lipstick for that matter. Never known them to kneel in urine either. As far as one night stands, I have known far more heterosexuals to do that then homosexuals. None of their behavior is any different than that of a heterosexual. Its just the partner that they chose that is different

Your assumptions about gay people are way off which is not surprising at all. Your assumptions end up in the form of bigotry which is cruelty and you don't feel you should be held responsible for that cruelty.

Edited by JimFromTN (04/10/13 11:58 AM)

#3218541 - 04/10/13 12:02 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
I'm not anti-gay. I dont' care what they do.

Your very assumptions make you anti-gay. Your assumptions are the basis of bigotry and prejudice.

Edited by JimFromTN (04/10/13 12:04 PM)

#3218548 - 04/10/13 12:13 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Call it what you want if that makes you feel better. But it was not the bigoted heterosexuals who organized and participated in the gay parades that labeled them as such. It was not a deep rooted love of a women that drove George Michael to the restroom. It was not me and my prejudice that allowed AIDS to spread so rapidly though the gay community. It was promiscuity and living up to the low expectations of us bigots.

You've proved my point about the censorship that leaves so much unspoken. Fear of the truth and denial of what is real is what got us to this point.

Celebrate the worst in society. Label those who reject it as "Bigots" but the hard truth that lives just out of your grasp is that all that ails the Homosexual community is self-inflicted and grows stronger in the fear of speaking the truth.

There will be no equality until the gay community stops pointing at the splinters in our eyes and address the issue of the plank in theirs. (a little scripture just to twist the knife a little) ;\)

#3218549 - 04/10/13 12:14 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
I'm not anti-gay. I dont' care what they do.

Your very assumptions make you anti-gay. Your assumptions are the basis of bigotry and prejudice.

By the same token, I could very easily conclude that you are anti-christian Jim. Not saying that you are, but by dismissing certain guidelines from the Bible, the basis of christian living, one could very easily see it that way, or at least waging a campaign against it.

Page 6 of 10 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (redhunterZ71, ADR, Bayou Buck, Grandslam11, moondog, HilhamHawk, 16 invisible) and 131 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91501 Topics
1069710 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.