Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3218439 - 04/10/13 10:26 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Are you saying that you only believe sex is for procreation and you would never have it unless you were trying to conceive a child? Anything else would be a sin? Just trying to get a perspective on your beliefs.
#3218444 - 04/10/13 10:32 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

No. I never said that and I suspect that is just a detraction from the conversation.

Two consenting adults can do whatever they want in the bedroom. Why do you need the government's permission to do it? And why do you think I have to approve of it for it to be "Legit".

No one is suggesting a man can't have sex with another man. But I reject the idea that I have to accept it as normal or call it "Marriage".

#3218449 - 04/10/13 10:33 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: MUP]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
Just curious Jim, but why do you keep referencing God, when you don't believe what He says? You only piece together bits and pieces from your mind as to what you think God has done, or how He thinks, when it's written plain in His Book. The animal desire you speak of is sin, plain and simple. Not saying I'm w/o sin by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still sin according to God, says so right in the Book.

How many versions of the Bible are there? How many times has it been translated? How many books have been left out? Which specific version should I read and believe? I believe that man has changed the Word to fit his own beliefs. I believe prejudice has played a role in the translation and interpretation. I believ there was prejudice during the day when it was written that affected what went into it. Paul, obviously had a prejudice against homosexuals.

#3218455 - 04/10/13 10:36 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
No. I never said that and I suspect that is just a detraction from the conversation.

Two consenting adults can do whatever they want in the bedroom. Why do you need the government's permission to do it? And why do you think I have to approve of it for it to be "Legit".

No one is suggesting a man can't have sex with another man. But I reject the idea that I have to accept it as normal or call it "Marriage".

Actually, they are. How many times in this thread has it been referred to as deviant behavior? As for the government, it wasn't until the last 20 years that homosexual behavior in the bedroom was legal. It may still be illegal in some states.

#3218458 - 04/10/13 10:39 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
 Originally Posted By: MUP
Just curious Jim, but why do you keep referencing God, when you don't believe what He says? You only piece together bits and pieces from your mind as to what you think God has done, or how He thinks, when it's written plain in His Book. The animal desire you speak of is sin, plain and simple. Not saying I'm w/o sin by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still sin according to God, says so right in the Book.

How many versions of the Bible are there? How many times has it been translated? How many books have been left out? Which specific version should I read and believe? [u]I believe that man has changed the Word to fit his own beliefs.[/u] I believe prejudice has played a role in the translation and interpretation. I believ there was prejudice during the day when it was written that affected what went into it. Paul, obviously had a prejudice against homosexuals.

I believe the underlined is painfully obvious according to your posts Jim.

I've never EVER read any version that condoned homosexuality, or infidelity with another mans wife...maybe you're thinking of muslims...well, no, I can't say that...B/C I haven't ever read the koran....

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3218469 - 04/10/13 10:46 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Notice how gays always try and use the "natural desire/sex act" then pulling in the "god made me this way" argument when discussing "gay marriage"???? .

Some people like to have sex with dead animals. IS that deviant? Is that normal? Should we make it illegal to "discriminate" against them since "god made them with those desires? " That argument doesn't wash.

If that is the case, then ANY sexual act should be legally protected including Rape, Incest, child molestation, and more since "god made them with those desires".

Why is it always about justifying the SEX when trying to get gays to discuss the government getting involved in changing what Marriage means?

Crappie is right. Just because someone has a "desire" and wishes to live a certain lifestyle, it DOES NOT mean that the rest of the world has to change their beliefs, morals, and laws to accommodate them.

#3218470 - 04/10/13 10:47 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

It is pretty simple really. If you are not a Christian that you are free to believe how you want and choose sin as your life style. However, if you are a Christian then you are to obey the Bible. God's Word states marriage is between a man and women, also that Homosexuality is sin along with drunkenness, lying, ect. We do not have the option to pick and choose what parts of our lives God is to be in. It is all or nothing yes even politics and government. Your votes should reflect your beliefs as best they can as many times it is the lesser of two evils! Common sense tells you homosexuality is wrong but God confirms it. Here are some scriptures to back up what I say or what God says:

Genesis 2:24

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Proverbs 18:22

He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD

Matthew 19:4-6

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

1 Corinthians 7:1-16

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Ephesians 5:22-23

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Colossians 3:18-19

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

Hebrews 13:4-7

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

Mark 10:6-9

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

1 Corinthians 6:8-10

8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

1 Timothy 1:8-10

8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7

7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Remember this is God's Word not mine. We are not above God. Man's opinion does not matter when it conflicts with God's Word. Our feelings do not matter when it comes to God's Word. Our love does does not matter when it contradicts God's Word. His Word is the final authority, case closed. If you are a Christian and you disagree with God then you had better check to see if you are really a Christian because God is God and what He says goes. There is no other option.

Now if one don't believe the Bible, there is not much you can do with them but pray God will open their eyes to the truth!

PMT

Edited by preachermantom (04/10/13 10:48 AM)

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3218471 - 04/10/13 10:50 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

The problem is man is doing what he thinks is right instead of what God tells us IS RIGHT!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3218483 - 04/10/13 11:07 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Quote:

As for the government, it wasn't until the last 20 years that homosexual behavior in the bedroom was legal. It may still be illegal in some states.

Laws, especially laws within specific states, reflect the will of the people and common culture of that time. That is how it was intended to work. The fact that you stated "up until 20 years ago" is proof that changing cultures result in changing laws.

The debate is whether these changes are good for society or not. That is the essence of this thread.

If desire or want equals a right, then we are on a very bad path here.
The homosexual point of view is that not that they have a right to behave as they choose. Their claim is that we don't have a right to not approve.

The suicide rate of homosexuals is 10X that of heterosexuals. Their rate of medicated depression is similar. Many of them have deep seeded personality disorders, unresolved childhood trauma or neglect. It's my believe that a vast majority of homosexuals are acting out symptoms of self-destraction and not actual attraction or lifestyle. (not all, but many).

Being politically correct, denying them access to treatment and just labeling their self-destruction as "normal" or "enlightened" is not helping them. It's celebrating their living heII.

Ironically, it's the Homosexuals themselves who have limited their access to help by demonizing and being offended by the suggestion that they need it in the first place.

"Up until about 20 years ago" it wasn't illegal to even suggest it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57523211/california-bans-gay-cure-therapy/

#3218492 - 04/10/13 11:14 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: preachermantom]
JimFromTN
8 Point

The majority of passages that you mention don't actually say anything against homosexuallity.

Secondly, I am not gay. I just happen to believe that everyone should be aloud to be who they are and no one is better than anyone else regardless of race, religion, or sexual oreintation. The reason I feel that way is because of my christian upbringing. I went to catholic school. Maybe thats my problem. They didn't teach enough hate. They just taught us about what a great guy Jesus was and how he was accepting of everyone. Heck, I never heard anyone use the "N" word until I was in fifth grade. The simple fact is that animal behavior/instinct/God given desire is the basis of sexual relationships and marriage. If we did not have it, we would die out as a species.

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
131 registered (mrjim43, gobblegrunt, mfisher, Bass1090, chck3300, HilhamHawk, 14 invisible) and 208 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99473 Topics
1170108 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.