Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3218336 - 04/10/13 09:01 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Marriage is a civil union. If the govt gets out of marriage, then what happens to things like social security benefits and va benifits where the spouse recieves the other spouses benifits after they die. Its not as simple as simply getting the govt out of the marriage business. You can also get divorced in a different state than you got married in. What do you do when it crosses state lines? Thats makes it federal.
#3218344 - 04/10/13 09:06 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Marriage existed thousands of years before govt decided to dip it's tyrannical hands into it and turned it into something state provided.

How did they ever survive, raise up children and keep it pure without the blessing of a bureaucrat?

We neither need or desire the blessings of a politician to get married or dissolve one. It's not Geography, it's self governance and liberty.

#3218353 - 04/10/13 09:15 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
Why would God be ashamed of something he created?

He didn't create homosexuals. He created the people. They made the choice to act on temptation. People chose to act opposite of the will of God every day. In his eyes one sin is no worse or better than the others.

People steal, lie, curse and kill. God didn't make them do it.

Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming god for poor choices.

You make the assumption that its a choice because you are not gay. If God did not give a man or a woman the desire to be with someone of the opposite sex, then its not the same as a simple temptation.

#3218356 - 04/10/13 09:17 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: Crappie Luck]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Marriage existed thousands of years before govt decided to dip it's tyrannical hands into it and turned it into something state provided.

How did they ever survive, raise up children and keep it pure without the blessing of a bureaucrat?

We neither need or desire the blessings of a politician to get married or dissolve one. It's not Geography, it's self governance and liberty.

Like I mentioned before, what about social security and va benifits. Widows and widoers need those benifits to survive.

#3218359 - 04/10/13 09:19 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

He didn't create homosexuals. He created the people. They made the choice to act on temptation. People chose to act opposite of the will of God every day. In his eyes one sin is no worse or better than the others.

Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming god for poor choices.

You make the assumption that its a choice because you are not gay. If God did not give a man or a woman the desire to be with someone of the opposite sex, then its not the same as a simple temptation.

Of course it's a choice. I'm attracted to my neighbor's 4X4 truck. Does that mean I can just take it and say that God made me that way? Some people are attracted to other people's wives. Some are attracted to underage children, some are attracted to the same sex. Yes, there IS a choice involved.

#3218363 - 04/10/13 09:22 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Like I mentioned before, what about social security and va benifits. Widows and widoers need those benifits to survive.

That can be solved with a power of attorney. Much easier to change the laws regarding benefits than change the definition of marriage. Single people who lived together but not married don't receive these benefits either. is that intolerance?

Claiming that we need govt because they have complicated the system so much that only they can sort it out is the very definition of circular logic.

#3218375 - 04/10/13 09:29 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Best I can tell, God gave men and women a free will, either to do what is right, wrong...or whatever. It's on your head if you live out of the will of God.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3218390 - 04/10/13 09:44 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: MUP]
JimFromTN
8 Point

When you see a beautiful woman walking down the street, you are filled with desire, even if you are married to a beautiful woman. This is natural. Its not a choice. Its instinct. Its animal nature. The animal in you makes you want to breed with that person. If you were dogs, you would take them right then and there. Every heterosexual male on this planet knows that feeling. If you don't have that then you were born that way. You don't lose it or make it go away. Its instinct. If you were born without that instinct then God made you that way. It was not a choice. As far as God being against it because thats what the bible says, the bible was interpreted by people like you who don't understand and don't want to understand so it was only natural for them to say that God is against homosexuality. The people here who are against it would be that way regardless of what the bible says. Thats why you are so passionate about it. You are simply using the bible as a justification of your feelings.
#3218401 - 04/10/13 09:52 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Just curious Jim, but why do you keep referencing God, when you don't believe what He says? You only piece together bits and pieces from your mind as to what you think God has done, or how He thinks, when it's written plain in His Book. The animal desire you speak of is sin, plain and simple. Not saying I'm w/o sin by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still sin according to God, says so right in the Book.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3218408 - 04/10/13 09:59 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

"People like me?"

Well, I'd say "People like you" don't understand the difference between attraction and action on that attraction.

Just because you are attracted to the beautiful woman does not mean you have the right to grab her and have your way with her behind the bushes.

Furthermore, it doesn't mean I have to accept your actions as "Normal".

To accept your view on nature and behavior, I'd have to accept the regression of our species back about 2 million years. That's the irony of "Progressive thought". We have what is called self-control, personal restraint and the ability to predict the consequences of our actions.

I've excused nothing as the will of God. I've not made any excuses for my view at all. It's man's burden to weight temptation and desire against law or culture.

Desire does not mean entitlement. Just because you like something does not mean it's yours and it does not mean the rest of us have to accept your lack of self control as normal.

Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Tony USMC, gun nut, 1 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.