Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3217733 - 04/09/13 03:02 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: BSK]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Quote:
By definition, the "separate" makes it unequal.

Totally agree, but there is 40+ years of precedent in that exact thing. Including exclusive days, months etc for homosexuals.

While you can be fired for expressing your opinion on someone's sexual preference, they have reserved an entire WEEK where they can proclaim their "Pride" in that which is none of our business.

Not to mention the enhanced sentencing for any crimes against these groups who want separation from society in their own protections while protesting separation by anyone or thing they, themselves are not included.

Nearly EVERY minority wants separate but equal, they just don't want Whites, Christians or conservatives to have it.

#3217772 - 04/09/13 03:56 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: BSK]
AT Hiker
6 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BSK

I agree that IF the government is going to be involved in the marriage process (and I disagree that it should be at all), I would prefer it to be a State issue rather than a Federal issue. However, making it a State issue raises the problem of marriages recognized in one state may not in other states. Drivers' licenses are issued by individual states but are recognized by all states. What happens when marriage licenses are recognized by one state but not by others? What happens when a married couple crosses a state line into a state that does not recognize their marriage license?

IDK the answer, but it should only be relevant to government employees and government benefits. Which I dont think gay marriages should receive. Only because, what if I was single and decided to never marry. I just wanted to party for ever, but I was self employed. My best friend, who thinks the way I do, works for the feds. We marry, so I can have health care, etc. This already happens, imagine if gay marriage and other non-tradtional marriages were approved.

Like Crappie said, take the benefits out of the equation and they will likely die down.

Im just glad I do not have to decide on this decision.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
-John Muir

#3218268 - 04/10/13 07:34 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: AT Hiker]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: AT Hiker
Like Crappie said, take the benefits out of the equation and they will likely die down.

I'm sure there are some that want to scam/abuse the system. But to a person, the gay people I've talked to about this issue don't want "protected status" or anything special. They just want equal treatment under the law--to be seen and treated as equals.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3218287 - 04/10/13 08:09 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: BSK]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I'm sure there are some that want to scam/abuse the system. But to a person, the gay people I've talked to about this issue don't want "protected status" or anything special. They just want equal treatment under the law--to be seen and treated as equals.

And there is the lie. Nobody is required to see and treat me as "equal" anything simply because I am married.

My neighbor doesn't have to like me or be nice to me because I am married. My neighbor can call me names and "hate" me so long as he doesn't assault me, married or not. I can legally be mocked, ridiculed, harassed due to my "old white guy" status with NO special protection or hate crimes associated with that behavior.

Now the Gay lobby is pushing for "gay infertility insurance coverage" So even though "married gays" are biologically incapable of having children BY THEIR OWN BEHAVIORAL CHOICE they want special insurance coverage due to their "infertility".

The whole "gay marriage" issue boils down to 2 things.
1. Money and forcing other people subsidize their lifestyle via insurance and other "marriage benefits"

2. Normalizing deviant sexual behavior and granting protected status to that behavior. Be it "legal gay marriage", forcing private organizations to allow gays to work closely with young boys (Boy Scouts), or "hate crimes" for expressing your opinion regarding gays and their behavior.

Example. If you put on nothing but as*less leather chaps then walk down town in front of a kindergarden, you would (rightly) get arrested for indecent exposure at the minimum and wind up on the sexual offender registry. But thrown in a rainbow scarf, and now it is ILLEGAL and a potential hate crime to tell the clown to put on a dang pair of pants and cover their arse.

Expand that to the Boy Scouts... Gays forcing their way into positions of trust with young boys. Legalizing, normalizing, and protecting the "gay" status then puts the burden of overwhelming legal proof on the potential victims of pedophilia, where an accusation of would be grounds for arresting the VICTIM if they didn't have overwhelming evidence of child molestation BEFORE levying charges.

#3218316 - 04/10/13 08:36 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: BSK]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I suspect that those that truly only want to be seen and treated as equals don't define themselves by their sexual choices. They keep their personal lives personal and just navigate the same life obstacles as the rest of us. Equality would be heterosexuals declaring themselves victims, adopting awareness months, annoying speech patterns/habits and suing anyone who dares offend them....

or.

Equality could be homosexuals stopping the aggressive attacks on anyone that does not celebrate their personal choices and just live their lives like everyone else.

No one really cares about their sexuality. No one cares what they do at home or who they do it with. What people care about is the persistent re-definition and attack of anything that is not gay friendly. Thousands of years of tradition have been invested in the institution of Christian or Western style of marriage. It is "Our" lifestyle. We are offended by their attempt to destroy that tradition.

In the name of equality and acceptance, you'd think they'd care more about the murder of gays by the Muslim population than the simple non-inclusion of gays by the Christian or Western traditional marriage. There is no campaign against Muslims who are taught to hate gays. Christians or non-believers of our culture typically may not like their lifestyle choices, but they accept them as individuals and fellow Americans.

The truth is, it's not about equality. It's about attacking and aggression towards a faith and lifestyle they do not like. It's intolerance of the tolerant.

The proof is in the absence of equality in their campaign for equality. The proof is in their own bigotry.

#3218319 - 04/10/13 08:44 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: fishboy1]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

This is kind of a silly conversation. Do you really think there are not incidences where a heterosexual couple gets married so that one of the spouses can get the benefits of the other? As for the federal govenment getting involed, they need to because of federal income taxes, social security benifits, and medicare benifits, not to mention if it goes to the state level then all marriages, not just same sex marriages, will be determined at the state level and just because you are married in TN does not mean you are married in KY. You can't say that some marriages are dealt with at the state level and some at the federal level. As for it being deviant sexual behavior, what makes it so? This has been going on since the dawn of man. Animals have been known to exibit homosexual behavior. Why would God be ashamed of something he created? Why is there an assumption that all gay men want to rape little boys? Should we worry that all heterosexual men want to rape little girls and therfore not allow them to work closely with little girls. Should they not be allowed to work with the girl scouts? For every incidence where you have a gay man taking advantage of an underaged boy, there are probably a minimum of 10 incidences of heterosexual man taking advantage of a underaged girls. Is raping a minor ok as long as it is a heterosexual rape? Isn't this kind of like the gun control arguement? Should the actions of a few affect the rights of everyone else?

My confusion on all of this is, why do you care? How is allowing 2 people of the same sex to get married going to hurt you?

#3218321 - 04/10/13 08:45 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Men who molest little boys are not gay?

#3218322 - 04/10/13 08:49 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
This is kind of a silly conversation. Do you really think there are not incidences where a heterosexual couple gets married so that one of the spouses can get the benefits of the other? As for the federal govenment getting involed, they need to because of federal income taxes, social security benifits, and medicare benifits, not to mention if it goes to the state level then all marriages, not just same sex marriages, will be determined at the state level and just because you are married in TN does not mean you are married in KY. You can't say that some marriages are dealt with at the state level and some at the federal level. As for it being deviant sexual behavior, what makes it so? This has been going on since the dawn of man. Animals have been known to exibit homosexual behavior. Why would God be ashamed of something he created? Why is there an assumption that all gay men want to rape little boys? Should we worry that all heterosexual men want to rape little girls and therfore not allow them to work closely with little girls. Should they not be allowed to work with the girl scouts? For every incidence where you have a gay man taking advantage of an underaged boy, there are probably a minimum of 10 incidences of heterosexual man taking advantage of a underaged girls. Is raping a minor ok as long as it is a heterosexual rape? Isn't this kind of like the gun control arguement? Should the actions of a few affect the rights of everyone else?

My confusion on all of this is, why do you care? How is allowing 2 people of the same sex to get married going to hurt you?

To answer this specific question...b/c He deems it an abomination in His eyes. Nuff said.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3218324 - 04/10/13 08:51 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

How is allowing 2 people of the same sex to get married going to hurt you?

The problem with this country is people have let things that "Don't affect you" go on for too long.

Marriage is the cornerstone of the family unit in our culture. Homosexuals getting married does not re-define marriage, it undefines it.
Marriage is more than a tax shelter. It's the foundation of a society. If you cannot have a clear definition of that, then your society has a foundation of chaos.

Quote:
they need to because of federal income taxes, social security benifits, and medicare benifits

No, Those can all be addressed with civil unions of any other type of legal contract and the federal govt. has no business creating tax codes that are favorable to married people exclusively in the first place. That is punitive to single people as well as homosexuals. Get the govt out of marriage!

#3218328 - 04/10/13 08:55 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh concedes defeat on gay marriage [Re: JimFromTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Why would God be ashamed of something he created?

He didn't create homosexuals. He created the people. They made the choice to act on temptation. People chose to act opposite of the will of God every day. In his eyes one sin is no worse or better than the others.

People steal, lie, curse and kill. God didn't make them do it.

Take some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming god for poor choices.

Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (stik, Bowdacious, keystonecop, mossyhorns300, Boll Weevil, paincave_2000, 1 invisible) and 52 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91544 Topics
1070146 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.