Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3218013 - 04/09/13 08:36 PM Report: Gun Vote Thursday
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Report: Gun Vote Thursday
2:38 PM, Apr 9, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER Widget tooltip Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts Alerts
Hide

Get alerts when there is a new article that might interest you.

Send me alerts for: Bill Kristol
Fred Barnes
Jay Cost Your e-mail address: Confirm e-mail address: Please sign me up for The Weekly Standard weekly newsletter. The Weekly Standard reserves the right to use your email for internal use only. Occasionally, we may send you special offers or communications from carefully selected advertisers we believe may be of benefit to our subscribers. Click the box to be included in these third party offers. We respect your privacy and will never rent or sell your email.
Please include me in third party offers.

Harry Reid announced today that there will likely be a gun vote on Thursday.

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) likely has the votes on gun control legislation to clear its first procedural hurdle -- a victory for the gun control community, though one that hardly guarantees the bill's passage," reports the Huffington Post.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-gun-vote-thursday_716174.html

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3218668 - 04/10/13 02:35 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Stalkhunter]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

content Online
You know it just drives me crazy as they keep using the Sandy Hook and Aurora shooting as reason for these new weapon restrictions, when none of the proposed restrictions would have prevented either one of them. They keep asking the parents and they say we must do something, I'd like to ask what these new restrictions would have done to save the lives lost at the 2 incidents? I heard one parent who said if he would of only had 10 round mags more lives would have been spared at Sandy Hook because he couldn't shoot as many rounds. Took the police 10 minutes to respond, too much time even with 10 round mags.
#3219313 - 04/11/13 11:22 AM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: iowavf]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Well the vote did pass so that means that the republicans caved again. And I think you can thank both of our sen I watched part of the vote and both alexander and croker both voted yes. What this vote does is stop the possibility of the rep filibuster.
#3219342 - 04/11/13 11:40 AM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: waynesworld]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

16 Pubs caved.

2 Dems voted no (from Arkansas & Alaska I believe)

#3219343 - 04/11/13 11:44 AM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: preds1]
DocHunter
Button

Loc: Claiborne Co.

Corker and Alexander both voted in favor of this bill.
#3219352 - 04/11/13 11:56 AM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: DocHunter]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Time to send these people thank you notes send them in pink paper. \:\)
#3219387 - 04/11/13 12:36 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: waynesworld]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

Makes me sick. I just got off the phone with both offices. They tell me they just voted for further discussion. I told them they voted against the law abiding citizen and voted with Harry Reid and government. Alexander's office got snappy with me I told her I'll do everything in my power to work on getting him replaced.
#3219408 - 04/11/13 12:49 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: ]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

I'm glad they had the vote. It makes it easy for us to see where they stand on this issue, and by extension on the Constitution as a whole. Now we just need to make sure that we don't forget next time they are up for reelection.
#3219410 - 04/11/13 12:50 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Both my Kentucky Senators voted AGAINST the bill.

The following is a list of Republican lawmakers who voted to advance the gun legislation in the Senate Thursday:
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn
Maine Sen. Susan Collins
Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake
Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson
Arizona Sen. John McCain
Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr
North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven
Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham (Does whatever McCain tells him)
Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander
Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker
Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey
Nevada Sen. Dean Heller

The following is a list of Democratic lawmakers who voted against advancing gun legislation:
Alaska Sen. Mark Begich
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor

#3219463 - 04/11/13 01:45 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Wildcat]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Here are the phone numbers of our two resident RINOs. If we can't make a simple phone call to express our feelings, we are not worthy of the rights and freedoms our forefathers risked their lives and died for.

Take the time to at least jam their phone lines.

Lamar Alexander (TN) (202) 224-4944

Bob Corker (TN) (202) 224-3344

#3219501 - 04/11/13 02:21 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: farmin68]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

content Online
I was surprised to see a few of the states on that list.
#3219564 - 04/11/13 03:23 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Stalkhunter]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Seems like Corker doesn't want to hear from his constituents. I tried calling several times and just kept getting a busy signal. I then tred emailing him and I keep getting an "email address required " error message but I am adding my email. Tried that several times as well. The SOB has crapped in his own mess kit and he knows it...

Bob Corker is one sorry POS.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3219565 - 04/11/13 03:25 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Rebel]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: Rebel
Seems like Corker doesn't want to hear from his constituents. I tried calling several times and just kept getting a busy signal. I then tred emailing him and I keep getting an "email address required " error message but I am adding my email. Tried that several times as well. The SOB has crapped in his own mess kit and he knows it...

Bob Corker is one sorry POS.

So is Alexander.

#3219621 - 04/11/13 04:23 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Wildcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Both my Kentucky Senators voted AGAINST the bill.

The following is a list of Republican lawmakers who voted to advance the gun legislation in the Senate Thursday:
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn
Maine Sen. Susan Collins
Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake
Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson
Arizona Sen. John McCain
Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr
North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven
Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham (Does whatever McCain tells him)
Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander
Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker
Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey
Nevada Sen. Dean Heller

The following is a list of Democratic lawmakers who voted against advancing gun legislation:
Alaska Sen. Mark Begich
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor

Everyone of these traitorous bastards need to go.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3219650 - 04/11/13 04:45 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: farmin68]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: farmin68
Here are the phone numbers of our two resident RINOs. If we can't make a simple phone call to express our feelings, we are not worthy of the rights and freedoms our forefathers risked their lives and died for.

Take the time to at least jam their phone lines.

Lamar Alexander (TN) (202) 224-4944

Bob Corker (TN) (202) 224-3344

1.Called no answer. 2. emailed no answer. 3 If you think it makes a diff it doesnt they vote the way they want and prove it time and time again. They are not worried they have been voted out yet for voting their way. Plus there are far more hunters and target shooter that agree with gun controls. Because they have no clue what the 2nd Amendment is.

We get what we reap. It will pass

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3219657 - 04/11/13 04:49 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Stalkhunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Yes. It will pass the Senate but it's dead in the house.

The waiting period alone would put gun show out of business. how can you wait 2 days to receive a gun when the show ends tomorrow?

#3219675 - 04/11/13 05:10 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
OHVATN
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Hah! Right. Get rid of these RINOs. I'll believe it when I see it.

Need to find better challengers to the RINOs in the primary. Better on a range of issues and able to appeal to a far broader range of voters not just all of us angry white guys. Republicans must reject the neocons (most of these repubs are neocons). A party that is at least more libertarian and honestly fiscally conservative is the only hope. That will draw in more, if not most of the youth vote and othersIn doing so. Otherwise, most of you will again believe the campaign promises you are told every election cycle (that will not be kept due to "unforeseen circumstances") and vote for these "traitors." To vote otherwise would be a vote for a Democrat and God forbid. Just like last November when you all voted for a RINO who actually enacted an AWB as governor. The alternative guy was too wacky and didn't enjoy the support of AIPAC.

#3219676 - 04/11/13 05:14 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: OHVATN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Conservatives eat incumbant challengers over non-sense issues like where they took a vacation, what they scored on a 7th grade history lesson or what kind of car they drive.

NOBODY throws a challenger under the bus than self-described conservatives.
We'll toss them out of "Merit" or sit an election out in protest

Given the chance, we'll destroy this country through default elections and middle of the road, RINO incumbents. In fact, We elected Obama, not the people who voted for him.

#3219702 - 04/11/13 05:46 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Crappie Luck]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Republicans skipped out on the gun control bill filibuster

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3219854 - 04/11/13 07:56 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: OHVATN]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: OHVATN
Hah! Right. Get rid of these RINOs. I'll believe it when I see it.

Need to find better challengers to the RINOs in the primary. Better on a range of issues and able to appeal to a far broader range of voters not just all of us angry white guys. Republicans must reject the neocons (most of these repubs are neocons). A party that is at least more libertarian and honestly fiscally conservative is the only hope. That will draw in more, if not most of the youth vote and othersIn doing so. Otherwise, most of you will again believe the campaign promises you are told every election cycle (that will not be kept due to "unforeseen circumstances") and vote for these "traitors." To vote otherwise would be a vote for a Democrat and God forbid. Just like last November when you all voted for a RINO who actually enacted an AWB as governor. The alternative guy was too wacky and didn't enjoy the support of AIPAC.

Romney was not most of our choices. He had the money rino support which was used to control the dummys vote on the right. After thatour choice was Romney or Obama,which if Romney had won,we not have this post right now. Mr. Wackey was not a choice,he lost t Romney like the rest did. Romney and mr.wackey were both at the very bottom of my list,but with everything that's happened,I'd love having ol rino Romney right now

#3219871 - 04/11/13 08:11 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Dale3]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

you really believe if Romney won we would not have this post. I say yes we would have the same post and all the other posts

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3220551 - 04/12/13 04:11 PM Re: Report: Gun Vote Thursday [Re: Stalkhunter]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Stalkhunter
you really believe if Romney won we would not have this post. I say yes we would have the same post and all the other posts

Yep I do. Like I said he was at the bottom of the list for me,but I think on this issue it be a dead one without the Obama push.msmwould like to have but couldn't push it,without Obama. Obama care would not be the problem it is,economy would be doing better,companies would have stopped sitting on their money,things different in middle east'ect......
Not great,not perfect,but even with Rino romney,for sure better

Edited by Dale3 (04/12/13 04:57 PM)

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
132 registered (saddleman1, Rubberduck270, Rackman, Master Chief, BigAl, Right_Tackle74, 10 invisible) and 166 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95980 Topics
1123954 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.