Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3215717 - 04/07/13 11:27 AM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: BMan]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: BMan
Who cares if hunters support anything?

The 2A doesn't pertain to hunting in any way, shape, or form.

I agree completely, but that wasn't the point. There are millions of Americans who can now point to this and say "See, even hunters are for gun control." And it is a lie. Truth is I'd bet most of the members have never hunted to begin with, unless they include such things as hunting for nuts and berries.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3215722 - 04/07/13 11:36 AM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: in the dog house!]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
No but main stream media portrays that to the dumbed down voters. So it is an issue to them. My in-laws made the statement " You don't need 30 rounds to hunt " and these are very, very " book smart " people. I just had to keep my mouth shut, as hard as that was to do.

I feel your pain. I have family that are "book smart" as well. But talk to them about guns (and certain other topics), and they're the opposite.

#3215738 - 04/07/13 12:06 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: Beekeeper]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: Beekeeper
No but main stream media portrays that to the dumbed down voters. So it is an issue to them. My in-laws made the statement " You don't need 30 rounds to hunt " and these are very, very " book smart " people. I just had to keep my mouth shut, as hard as that was to do.

Your in-laws don't sound very "book smart" to me. Maybe smart about romance novels, but not history books or anything worth reading.

One is a retired school superintendent and is now a preacher and my MIL is a retired teacher, so there VERY book smart. Just snowed by the main stream media. You missed that mark by a mile.
They seem to be like a lot of other teachers. People like this should never be allowed to indoctrinate our children. They are only there to teach academics not to spread their personnel beliefs to their pupils. They do not or can not understand the rights given to us by the constitution of the United States. JMHO.

Beekeeper, You may find comfort in knowing that even in Knoxville, the majority of our teachers are not like that. There are enough to notice, but most are not. When I started teaching 8 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at just how conservative most teachers are around here. I can tell you that there were several times more Romney stickers in our parking lot than Obama stickers. The truth is those of us with some inner city experience have seen the effects of liberalism first hand and have seen the effects of their policies.

You may recall when Obama decided to address our classrooms. At my school teachers were saying they were not going to do it. It was so pervasive our Principal, who is mildly liberal, made the decision that we would not watch and instead teach. Even she saw the blatant politicization of it.

I evaluate teachers and spend time in a lot of classrooms and I have yet to see one go political, including the classes of some fire breathing liberals. About as political as I ever get is that I flat out tell my kids that I do not think man caused global warming has been proven. I do this when teaching correlations and cause and effect. And with about 8 years of college chemistry and other sciences I feel that I am qualified to assess the research from a scientific and not a political standpoint.

However, I have heard from my own children some things out of High School classes. But even then most of the students in our area laugh it off. I know mine do. If a teacher wants to lose the respect of my own kids all they have to do to go liberal on them. Daddy didn't raise no fools.

A while back I had an interesting exchange with my class, which includes several black kids, about rising gas prices. In no way did I bring in politics, it was a supply and demand discussion. And I made the comment about how lucky I was at their age to have gas prices below a dollar. I was amazed that the black kids readily blamed Obama! I didn't go there, but I was stunned. I think there is disappointment in the black community that they haven't gotten the what they were expecting, and they sure haven't gotten jobs.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3215755 - 04/07/13 12:34 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: in the dog house!]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Your in-laws don't sound very "book smart" to me. Maybe smart about romance novels, but not history books or anything worth reading.

One is a retired school superintendent and is now a preacher and my MIL is a retired teacher, so there VERY book smart. Just snowed by the main stream media. You missed that mark by a mile.

What books have they read - comic books?

A "book smart" person - particularly one that is a teacher and even more so for one that has been around long enough to retire - should have extensive knowledge of the background of our country, how it was founded, and what values it was founded upon. A "book smart" person should be able to weigh the bologna fed to the masses every day and differentiate between that, and what they've learned from books. A "book smart" person KNOWS the mainstream media is full of garbage.

So, based on what you've told us: they're neither "book smart" nor have any common sense.

And that's right ON the mark.

#3215767 - 04/07/13 01:01 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: BMan]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

Book smarts, and common sense are two totally different things \:D Then add old age into the mix and there you have my in-laws \:D

Edited by in the dog house! (04/07/13 01:02 PM)

Μολων λαβε

#3215832 - 04/07/13 02:55 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: in the dog house!]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I know quite a few hunters, military veteran, God fearing, Christian, backwoods hillbilly, otherwise extremely conservative people that also support gun control in some ways like magazine capacity limits, "assualt" weapons bans, etc. People that you would least suspect, they always say something like"you dont need that to hunt, etc." I assure you there are lots of these types out there. They simply dont understand that the 2nd Amendment isnt about hunting, they could never fathom that we would need them to protect ourselves from our own government. Its these people that will sit blindly by while our liberties are being stripped and they wont even know what they've done.

#3215899 - 04/07/13 04:31 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: BMan]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Actually , Higher education, and intelligence is no match for IGNORANCE. I work with many Doctorate degree individuals that are very intelligent, but totally clueless, and believe everything the MSM spews. And, Some of them go along with liberal agendas because it helps further their career, and keeps them employed.

What books have they read - comic books?

A "book smart" person - particularly one that is a teacher and even more so for one that has been around long enough to retire - should have extensive knowledge of the background of our country, how it was founded, and what values it was founded upon. A "book smart" person should be able to weigh the bologna fed to the masses every day and differentiate between that, and what they've learned from books. A "book smart" person KNOWS the mainstream media is full of garbage.

So, based on what you've told us: they're neither "book smart" nor have any common sense.

And that's right ON the mark.

#3215947 - 04/07/13 06:08 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: smstone22]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: smstone22
I know quite a few hunters, military veteran, God fearing, Christian, backwoods hillbilly, otherwise extremely conservative people that also support gun control in some ways like magazine capacity limits, "assualt" weapons bans, etc. People that you would least suspect, they always say something like"you dont need that to hunt, etc." I assure you there are lots of these types out there. They simply dont understand that the 2nd Amendment isnt about hunting, they could never fathom that we would need them to protect ourselves from our own government. Its these people that will sit blindly by while our liberties are being stripped and they wont even know what they've done.

X2

There are MILLIONS out there just like them and they openly support anti-gun laws.

#3217947 - 04/09/13 07:56 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: BMan]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

Any gun owner whether they're a hunter or not that supports any of the gun grabbing BS is a plain and simple dumb#**

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first – then everything else."

#3217995 - 04/09/13 08:27 PM Re: Hunters support gun control........ [Re: TNhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Originally Posted By: TNhunter

Any gun owner whether they're a hunter or not that supports any of the gun grabbing BS is a plain and simple dumb#**

x10000

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (ChadG, hillbill, Daniel n, Nooga Hunter) and 65 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.