Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3211493 - 04/02/13 02:38 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: in the dog house!]
BigAl
16 Point

Loc: Fayette County, TN US

I haven't heard they're taking it away, but sure wish they would.

#3211520 - 04/02/13 03:21 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: BigAl]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

"Earned Income Credit" is applied only to those that make below a certain $$ amount.

Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
$46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
$43,038 ($48.378 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
$37,870 ($43,210 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
$14,340 ($19,680 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children

these 4 qualifiying income levels will get you a "credit", in order, of;
$6,044 with three or more qualifying children
$5,372 with two qualifying children
$3,250 with one qualifying child
$487 with no qualifying children

If you make more than that amount, the "credit" doesn't apply.

The amount of the credit varies depending on your level of income and how many dependents you support. The tax credit can even generate a tax refund larger than the amount of tax paid in through withholding. For the years 2009 through 2017, the Earned Income Credit is temporarily increased for working families with three or more dependents. Previously the earned income credit maxed out at two dependents. The earned income credit will revert back to maxing out with two dependents starting in the year 2018.

The part I put in bold italics is the part that sticks in my craw.

How in the hell can anyone expect to get more, often double or triple, the amount they payed in taxes back as a refund???
Answer;

for many (not all of course) this is one of the tools that the politicians of a certain odor use to keep their voter base satisfied.

Who pays for these "refunds"??

Those of us who get no refund, that's who.

Please don't take this the wrong way, folks, I'm aiming my comments way over y'all's heads, their aimed at the folks that work the system for a living.
Many "taxpayers" do just that.

They suck up welfare, gov't sponsored child care, disability, every single gov't benny they can get, and this is one of the things the Progressives include in the 'bundle' for them.

You guys are hard working folks that deserve whatever you get, but the overwhelming majority of the folks I described don't fall in that category, yet they get much, much more "back" in their "refund" than y'all do.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3211524 - 04/02/13 03:28 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: sgtwebb1]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
"Earned Income Credit" is applied only to those that make below a certain $$ amount.

The amount of the credit varies depending on your level of income and how many dependents you support. The tax credit can even generate a tax refund larger than the amount of tax paid in through withholding. For the years 2009 through 2017, the Earned Income Credit is temporarily increased for working families with three or more dependents. Previously the earned income credit maxed out at two dependents. The earned income credit will revert back to maxing out with two dependents starting in the year 2018.

How in the hell can anyone expect to get more, often double or triple, the amount they payed in taxes back as a refund???
Answer;

for many (not all of course) this is one of the tools that the politicians of a certain odor use to keep their voter base satisfied.

Please don't take this the wrong way, folks, I'm aiming my comments way over y'all's heads, their aimed at the folks that work the system for a living.

They suck up welfare, gov't sponsored child care, disability, every single gov't benny they can get, and this is one of the things the Progressives include in the 'bundle' for them.

You guys are hard working folks that deserve whatever you get, but the overwhelming majority of the folks I described don't fall in that category, yet they get much, much more "back" in their "refund" than y'all do.

I know a few people like that. I me and dad do good to make what we do and i seen someone that want work in a pie factory tasting pies. But they will work long enough to get income tax credit just so they can file and get 3 times more then they paid in.

But me and dad works our rears off to get what we can to support our family and then you see someone that draws welfare and everything else get more money and they don't even work a day in their life.

#3211525 - 04/02/13 03:29 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: sgtwebb1]
dh1984
10 Point

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1

Answer;

Thanks SGTwebb1 i sure do appreciate you posting this

#3211529 - 04/02/13 03:35 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: dh1984]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: dh1984
I know a few people like that. I me and dad do good to make what we do and i seen someone that want work in a pie factory tasting pies. But they will work long enough to get income tax credit just so they can file and get 3 times more then they paid in.

But me and dad works our rears off to get what we can to support our family and then you see someone that draws welfare and everything else get more money and they don't even work a day in their life.

I completely understand.
My wife and I were just talking about some folks we know like that.

Work just enough to qualify for the EIC and all the various welfare programs.
Gotta be a better way.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3211535 - 04/02/13 03:45 PM Re: Earned income for incometax [Re: sgtwebb1]
dh1984
10 Point

Thats like a tree service that me and dad was trying to get going. we started out pretty dang good until some of the pill heads found out they can cut your throat for a price of a pill.

Now we gave it up because it was costing us more then we was making in doing tree work. I have seen more and more pill heads running around with chainsaws here in my town then i have seen in my life.

Bet it all i had a few pill heads call and stop to see if i need any trees trimmed and stuff. and i ask them for license and insurance and guess what they don't have none. but i have seen it with my own eyes them setting in their truck taking pills and snorting them.

but anyway i just wished they would fix it better where the ones that play the system gets back less then what they pay in. and the ones that work their rears off get what they deserve.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Reaper40, mtalerico, Chevy454, winchester77jj, greysquirrel
13259 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (trm, Bamamonts, Tn Joe, Daniel n, birddog, Gonefishing2, 3 invisible) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13259 Members
42 Forums
92824 Topics
1084490 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.