Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3218148 - 04/09/13 10:22 PM Re: Colorado Apps due today!! [Re: AT Hiker]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

I love Colorado, beautiful place and have met some great folks. I could easily go out there a make a small economic footprint on a hunting trip. Colorado won't miss me at all. But, I'd dare say what they will miss are all the folks like me who dont go there and spend real money in their state. Hopefully we can get enough of the "it doesn't affect me" voters to wake up realize it does affect them and to make their voice heard by voting these liberal pukes out of office.

#3218389 - 04/10/13 09:43 AM Re: Colorado Apps due today!! [Re: UPSman]
tellico4x4
6 Point

Loc: Killen, AL

Problem started in late '80's when folks from California started selling out and moving to Colorado en mass. Many had moved to Ca straight out of college in 60's and went to work for GE, Boeing, etc..Homes they bought for $30K, sold for $3M when they retired.They had way more money than sense and bought ranchettes left and right in Co. I remember seeing lots of anti-California bumper stickers on locals trucks back then. Once enough of the liberals landed there, the first thing they voted out was baiting bears; then it was spring bear season altogether. Afterwards, I always found it entertining to pick up an Vail newspaper and read about some poodle dog being eaten by a bear next to the dumpster at McDonalds.

Started hunting in Co in mid-70's and still continue to do so. Have hunted all the western states, but Colorado is still my favorite to hunt by a long shot. Sad times there though politically....

#3218688 - 04/10/13 03:06 PM Re: Colorado Apps due today!! [Re: tellico4x4]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

I already won't spend a nickel in CO because of their ban on foothold traps.

Outdoor dollars are huge in CO, and dollars speak. If everybody from out of state stopped hunting there, the ripple effect would be catastrophic, and mouthpiece politicians would quickly reconsider anti gun positions, or be replaced. You can say city folk won't care about the outdoor industry, but you can bet they will start to care when they start getting hit in th pocketbook. When funding to their interests is cut due to lack of revenue.

But as long as folk keep spending money there, you're right, they won't care and nothing will happen.

#3220301 - 04/12/13 10:16 AM Re: Colorado Apps due today!! [Re: UPSman]
AT Hiker
6 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: UPSman
I love Colorado, beautiful place and have met some great folks. I could easily go out there a make a small economic footprint on a hunting trip. Colorado won't miss me at all. But, I'd dare say what they will miss are all the folks like me who dont go there and spend real money in their state. Hopefully we can get enough of the "it doesn't affect me" voters to wake up realize it does affect them and to make their voice heard by voting these liberal pukes out of office.

Great point! I have a cousin who landed a job in CO, became a liberal for the most part...just lost his job, now he is moving back to New Orleans. I guess the liberal thing didnt work for him.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
-John Muir

#3273346 - 06/22/13 01:20 AM Re: Colorado Apps due today!! [Re: AT Hiker]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

I got my tag in the mail last week. Hopes are high for sure.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PGIC, jmccormick24, emtp, Hozzie, crushing
13529 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (Rubberduck270, jdtf, wlf89, scott co htr, 30-06 type of guy, vonhogslayer, 8 invisible) and 186 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13529 Members
42 Forums
98998 Topics
1163714 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.067 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.