Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3211153 - 04/02/13 08:35 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: Unicam]
gtk Moderator
10 Point

Loc: Mississippi

Originally Posted By: Unicam

4. Saturday morning, go to help youngest daughter brush hair, OMG there are critters moving in there!!! Head lice!! Inspect other two girls, find a few as well!! Call friend, nope we wont be at party! Send wife to pharmacy for chemicals and get on computer to reasearch.

and when your in the pharmacy checkout line getting the lice shampoo, you will run into every person you know, including those you haven't seen for 20 years. same way with hemorrhoid cream \:D

Mississippi Hunters Online PhotoAlbum

#3211165 - 04/02/13 08:44 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: MUP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: MUP
 Originally Posted By: Unicam
Dang Tim! That's one rough weekend w/o a doubt! Par for the course with kids and the bugs tho, you ain't alone in that trial buddy! Been there, done that as well \:\/ Makes me wonder where they come from...just appear in the school sys it seems, every now and again tho. Hang in there!

and the school system here just says oh well, no big deal, we send a note home and send the child back to class.

And from all accounts it seems to start with the same kids each time, at least they're in the group each time there is an outbreak. Just going by what the teacher used to tell us, AND the daycare admin. Daycare would send them home and would meet them at the door the next day checking their heads...if they found anything, the child was sent back home. ;\)

From what I understand, lice are drawn to cleanliness, not filth.

#3211173 - 04/02/13 08:52 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: TAFKAP]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Really? I've been of the mind it was just the other way around. There are some kids that just seem to have them all the time, and then they spread to other children. This is what I've heard several teachers tell me. I have no doubt that there are other kids that have them in Uni's school, and unless they catch the "breeders" they will likely outbreak again, and again...

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3211177 - 04/02/13 08:55 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: MUP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Really? I've been of the mind it was just the other way around. There are some kids that just seem to have them all the time, and then they spread to other children. This is what I've heard several teachers tell me. I have no doubt that there are other kids that have them in Uni's school, and unless they catch the "breeders" they will likely outbreak again, and again...

That makes sense....they're all trying to jump ship \:D

#3211179 - 04/02/13 08:55 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: TAFKAP]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
\:D Yep!

#3211223 - 04/02/13 09:53 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: MUP]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Actually ole TAFKAP is on the numbers. Lice will jump ship from a dirty head to a clean one in a milisecond.

I had good luck using the RID and putting the rest of the girls long hair in a bowl with hot water and RID mixed in. THe lice will try to escape the shampoo and run into the water.

Nit Picking on the other hand...what a tedious and time consuming job on long hair. Think we about have it killed out, been spraying and vacuuming and spraying and vacuuming and washing, did I mention washing. Wife also made a couple posts in forums for the county and town Patches that we live in. Schools will not let other parents know there is an issue at the schools, and I have over 100.00 invested in shampoos, sprays, creams and cleaning. Just to send my girls back to school and hope they dont find another host of these dang things!!

John 15:13

#3211294 - 04/02/13 10:52 AM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: Unicam]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Imagine long, very curly hair, which my little'un has!

#3211337 - 04/02/13 12:01 PM Re: Rough Weekend [Re: MUP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

We went through it last year. My daughter washes her hair sometimes twice a day! It was a pain in the but getting rid of them. Olive oil and a plastic bag wrapped around there hair over night helped, and made the combing out easier. You have to bag up every stuffed animal ( for 2 months ) and get rid of everything in the room just about. I feel for you!! We picked nits for hours, lots of hair to look through. We finally got some stuff from the doctor after trying all the OTC stuff. If it happens agin we will go straight to the doctor, instead of messing around with all the other stuff that doesn't work!!!! Good luck.

Μολων λαβε

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (ADR, Dale3, huntncoach, MUP, DaveB, Nimrod777, 4 invisible) and 75 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91720 Topics
1071965 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.