Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3208150 - 03/29/13 08:53 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: pseshooter300]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

I've had good hunting buddies and one not so good. Until my Sons were old enough I hunted alone and got to the point where I preferred it. Now that the Boys are really into the entire hunting process hunting together is a real joy. I did, however, kill my biggest whitetail this past year when I was alone.
#3208970 - 03/30/13 08:36 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: pseshooter300]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

There is a difference in.... hunting with someone and having someone in your deer camp or even at your cabin while you turkey or small game hunt. I prefer to hunt with my sons who know how to hunt or hunt alone.

I would probably quit hunting if I didn't have the camaraderie of my sons and family to share the experience with...and now my grandsons are coming of age.

You guys like pseshooter could prosper by finding an experienced older hunter to share you hunts with...Some of these guys are just wishing they could get in the woods but maybe they can't drive a car or maybe they need help getting to their lucky spot....People always talk about "take a kid hunting"...I believe it works also in "take an oldster hunting"...

Taking a kid is teaching...taking a senior is learning

Edited by Coach (03/30/13 08:38 PM)

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3209164 - 03/31/13 06:23 AM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: Coach]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: Coach
There is a difference in.... hunting with someone and having someone in your deer camp or even at your cabin while you turkey or small game hunt. I prefer to hunt with my sons who know how to hunt or hunt alone.

I would probably quit hunting if I didn't have the camaraderie of my sons and family to share the experience with...and now my grandsons are coming of age.

You guys like pseshooter could prosper by finding an experienced older hunter to share you hunts with...Some of these guys are just wishing they could get in the woods but maybe they can't drive a car or maybe they need help getting to their lucky spot....People always talk about "take a kid hunting"...I believe it works also in "take an oldster hunting"...

Hmm, I'm going by the Senior Citizens Center tomorrow and see if I can find someone older than me to take. Maybe I can learn to play bridge. \:\)

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3209185 - 03/31/13 07:01 AM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: bowriter]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: bowriter
 Originally Posted By: Coach

Hmm, I'm going by the Senior Citizens Center tomorrow and see if I can find someone older than me to take. Maybe I can learn to play bridge. \:\)

I'm thinking canasta would be easier...or you could go with pse

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3209224 - 03/31/13 08:07 AM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: Coach]
brmaster
6 Point

Loc: TN, Shelbyville

better watch them older folks when playing cards, from what I hear they can get very angry,(and cheat) so might wanna check and make sure they aint got one of those carry permits before playing,

#3209746 - 03/31/13 05:52 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: bowriter]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Hunting with a good partner is priceless. Hunting with a bad one is not. I feel as though I just don't have time to train anyone again.

And to just think, I enjoy sharing the woods with anyone who would put up with me. Train someone to be a partner? Sorry, bw, but I dont get it. I hunted a number of hunts last year with a potential new "partner." It was my nephew who took up deer hunting for the first time. It was an absolute pleasure seeing the excitement in his eyes and voice as he would describe the experiences after the hunt. I was able to share some information gained during 30+ years of hunting. IMO, I was helping him with being a better hunter, not a better "partner."

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3209768 - 03/31/13 06:12 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: encore06]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Apples and oranges Encore and my hand hurts to bad to type enough to explain it. Big difference. A partner is far more than just a better hunter or a young hunter or a first time hunter.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3209779 - 03/31/13 06:26 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: bowriter]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

bw, I understand what a partner is and what constitutes a good partner. What I dont understand is why you feel that you must "train" someone to be your partner. Sorry your hand doesn't allow you to explain yourself better. And I'm not trying to be a smarta**, just trying to understand your position. Thanks

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3210370 - 04/01/13 12:25 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: encore06]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

If I had nobody to hunt with and had to hunt alone all the time, I would definately never go again.

#3210378 - 04/01/13 12:30 PM Re: Just a Thought... [Re: RUGER]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I hunt alone most of the time but only because my cousin can only get free every now and then. I know I wouldn't like a big hunting club with a lot of strangers but on the opposite end of the spectrum, I wouldn't like it at all if I was always going to hunt alone. Killing a nice buck with nobody there is a hollow experience. You get some pictures and a mount. Sharing the common experience is what it's all about.

Regarding defining a perfect hunting partner, I would say you have found that person when you'd just as soon see them shoot the big buck as yourself.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (Polar Kraft, bluball, cuppedup50, woodyard, John Harris, 8up) and 87 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.