http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/29/news/economy/france-tax-hollande/

One of biggest financial issues in politics today is taxes. Some want more of it, some want less of it! Some believe that the government would do a better job of spending the money of businessmen and women and those that make over $250,000 annually. Some have have criticized the President for lack of leadership. Some have argued that the richest most successful Americans should do more! It is their moral and patriotic duty to do more. Even the President and his followers have been very vocal about how the richest Americans have an obligation to pay their fair share.
So my question to President Obama, Vice-President Biden, Majority leader Reid, Minority leader Pelosi, all the Democratic Leadership in Washington and all their celebrity followers and even the unknown believers of the Government Knows Best Bandwagon, is simply, "Why don't you?????" During the campaign Bill Gates and his wife came out in support of the idea that they should pay more. Warren Buffett, Barbara Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Beyhar, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, Kanye West, Jamie Foxx, David Letterman, ABC, NBC, CNN, CBS, just about every politician, musician, comedian, "journalist", actor, athletes and anyone in a high profile position of popularity came out to support the notion that they should be required to pay more.
So why don't they??? I mean if it is the moral, patriotic thing to do, why not show leadership and voluntarily pay more in taxes than required? I mean they could refuse to claim deductions, right? We could be debating tax reform in which a person or business could voluntarily pay more money to the Federal Government on their own.
If all these idealists who think the Government will do a better job of taking care of the poor, the mistreated and the sick or elderly, why don't they put their money where their convictions are???? I don't agree with them. Therefore, I believe I can better see to that with the money I make than the Government can so I will continue to claim my deductions and pay as little in taxes as I can, legally. I do not share their convictions and therefore should not be held to them. But, if all these millionaires and celebrities WANT to pay more then go ahead.

France wanted to tax their rich people at 75%. So if all these supporters of Barak Obama were to voluntarily pay that amount in taxes for say 10 years maybe 20 years I believe that would make a serious dent in our debt and fund some of those "feel good" programs they are always chirping about.

But, for now I would be happy if half his cabinet members and the leadership of the House and Senate on his side of the aisle were not under indictment or investigation for tax fraud and back tax avoidance. But, I guess it is more important to tax the "Rich Republicans" than to show any real leadership.

Edited by Hoss (04/01/13 12:41 AM)

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!