Mr. Desjarlais,
My name is D.... and I emailed you concerning the new medal that will be awarded to drone pilots. This email was sent nearly a month ago adn I still have not received a response from you regarding this matter. I will state again that I believe this medal to be a dis-service and dis-honor to any military member who has actually fought in combat and especially to those who have given their lives for this country. I am a USMC veteran who was wounded in combat but do not write this out of concern for myself, but instead for those that I have seen give their lives in this countries service. I strongly urge you to contact who ever you may and have them re-think the order of precedence given to this medal. I do not argue that a medal should not be awarded but simply that this particular medal should not be placed above the Purple Heart or the Bronze Star with Combat Distinguishing device. As I have already stated I have previously sent you an email regarding this situation and have not received any response. If again I do not receive a response I will move on to the next representative with this complaint and assume that you are unwilling to listen to your constituents and Veterans complaints.
Sincerely,
D, CPL USMC
..............................................................................................................................
I do not know how many of you had read my post concerning this email sent or if any of you have fealt any need to contact your reps over the matter but I urge any and all to do so. This is a slap in the face to anyone who has ever fought in combat and especially to those who have given their life for our freedoms. Secondly, if I do not receieve an email or call from Desjarlais then I will move on to the next rep who will listen and will urge all of you to contact him showing your displeasure with his service.