Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3207613 - 03/29/13 11:41 AM Re: Country Music [Re: stik]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Classic Rock is my first love, but old country is a close second.
My cousin used to be a big record mongel for RCA, he had Wayan, Willie, and Alabama, then he started his own production company on Music Row, and was successful.

#3208045 - 03/29/13 06:35 PM Re: Country Music [Re: Twinshooter]
offender27
Button

Loc: knox, tn

First thing I noticed about this thread was all the old timers trying to make others feel less than normal for liking todays country. Just because we dont like all yalls stuff doesnt mean ours is garbage?! Kinda like old people in church, all they do is judge new folks as soon as they walk in the doors. Anyhow...... In my YOUNG opinion, none of them hold a candle to Justin Moore. One of the only COUNTRY artists that stands up for what half of this forum believes in. Our rights and the good ole american way.
#3208059 - 03/29/13 06:48 PM Re: Country Music [Re: TX300mag]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: TX300mag
Haven't heard all of the latest country the metrosexual wannabe cowboys have been singing for the suburban teenyboppers? I'll sum it up for you.

"Ride in my pickup truck and rock your cut off shorts and tank top while I play "County Boy Can Survive" and drink some sort of alcohol until you dance on the tailgate of my truck at a bonfire on a Friday night after working all week."

There, you have it. \:D

Although that "Springsteen" song is kinda catchy. \:\)

You left out "mud", "dirt road", and "fried chicken"

#3208062 - 03/29/13 06:51 PM Re: Country Music [Re: offender27]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: offender27
First thing I noticed about this thread was all the old timers trying to make others feel less than normal for liking todays country. Just because we dont like all yalls stuff doesnt mean ours is garbage?! Kinda like old people in church, all they do is judge new folks as soon as they walk in the doors. Anyhow...... In my YOUNG opinion, none of them hold a candle to Justin Moore. One of the only COUNTRY artists that stands up for what half of this forum believes in. Our rights and the good ole american way.

At 31 years old, I hardly consider myself to be an "old timer".

And my formative radio years centered around the rise of Garth Brooks....so when I say "this new crap sucks and is nothing but rehashed stereotypes sung by meterosexual douchebags", that's really saying something. At least Garth Brooks didn't frost his hair & wear designer denim.

#3208076 - 03/29/13 07:27 PM Re: Country Music [Re: offender27]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: offender27

This argument doesn't work with Country music because you have many, many fans if Country music who's taste span 50+ years of it. 70s Country was absolutely different any than 60's Country. Remarkably different, however it still stay connected to the past. Heck, Bob Dylan was the first "outsider" to lend credibility to the fat that County music has a rich tradition of songwriting. I like it all the way to the beginning: Old Time String Bands, Mountain Modal harmonies, Country blues, The Carter Family, Bluegrass, 50's, 60's, and 70's country. I listen to quite a few "new" country artists as well, though most are far out of the mainstream and rooted heavily in tradition.

It's difficult to tell someone who likes a 100+ years of a music tradition that they are "out of touch." No, that's not the case. The crap just sucks. It's awful. It's a insult to the tradition of Country music. If it existed in it own stratosphere, that would be fine, but this crap is rammed down our throats as "Country music." Where so you draw the line? Just wen you think it can't get anymore reidulous, you have a song such as they one which sets a new (low) standard.

I think that you don't understand how important Country music is both to many individuals, but to contemporary American history. Country and Blues are the foundation of all forms of American music and ultimately "pop culture" at large. It's not just songs, it's history and culture.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3208114 - 03/29/13 08:16 PM Re: Country Music [Re: Poser]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

there are only 3 tunes to country "music". they only change the lyrics and tempos.

#3208116 - 03/29/13 08:18 PM Re: Country Music [Re: Poser]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I have a very wide range of musical interest. I do like a lot of the new stuff. You and Tequila, Anything by Lady Antebellum or Little Big Town. I like the Wagon Wheel song but the one I always crank up is Boondocks. I may change it to Rock, jazz, blues or gospel after a little country.
btw- I grew up listening to The Statler Brothers, Oak Ridge Boys, Charlie Pride, etc. Charlie Daniels was played on the rock stations back then, too. I still listen to all of it.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3208227 - 03/29/13 10:44 PM Re: Country Music [Re: Bowdacious]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

i can listen to anything..heck i even like a few flo rider songs lol
#3208350 - 03/30/13 08:31 AM Re: Country Music [Re: TAFKAP]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: TX300mag
Haven't heard all of the latest country the metrosexual wannabe cowboys have been singing for the suburban teenyboppers? I'll sum it up for you.

"Ride in my pickup truck and rock your cut off shorts and tank top while I play "County Boy Can Survive" and drink some sort of alcohol until you dance on the tailgate of my truck at a bonfire on a Friday night after working all week."

There, you have it. \:D

Although that "Springsteen" song is kinda catchy. \:\)

You left out "mud", "dirt road", and "fried chicken"

And he has'nt said anything at all about "mama", or "trains", or "trucks", or "prison", or "getting drunk". \:D

#3208351 - 03/30/13 08:38 AM Re: Country Music [Re: LIL JOKER]
TeamMainStreet
10 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: LIL JOKER
i can listen to anything..heck i even like a few flo rider songs lol

Flo rider:..........thats great. \:D

Dont tread on me

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (JoshDosMil) and 40 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.