Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3208376 - 03/30/13 09:01 AM Re: Country Music [Re: offender27]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: offender27
First thing I noticed about this thread was all the old timers trying to make others feel less than normal for liking todays country. Just because we dont like all yalls stuff doesnt mean ours is garbage?! Kinda like old people in church, all they do is judge new folks as soon as they walk in the doors. Anyhow...... In my YOUNG opinion, none of them hold a candle to Justin Moore. One of the only COUNTRY artists that stands up for what half of this forum believes in. Our rights and the good ole american way.

Nice first post, welcome to the site Justin Moore ;\)

#3208437 - 03/30/13 10:57 AM Re: Country Music [Re: Eric Kilby]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
Well then you dont like country ... you like pop / hip hop / rock not country .. I listen to EVERY kind of music and can find songs like in every genre but the country put out recently is everything but..

Thats your opinion though, all genres of music tend to change over the years, I don't really have a dog in the fight because I like alot of the old and new stuff, but just because its sounds different doesn't mean its bad.

#3208439 - 03/30/13 11:00 AM Re: Country Music [Re: easy45]
BamaProud
12 Point

We like some of the old stuff
We like some of the new
We like ZZ top.
We like Country and Rock.

Old Hank would be proud
And Elvis would too
'Cause we like our country
Mixed with some big city blues

#3208460 - 03/30/13 11:39 AM Re: Country Music [Re: monsterbuck07]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: monsterbuck07
Yelp, I hated the other post about it hurting some peoples ears I started my own. I am going to just say it like it is. I am 28 years old and I love almost every country song that has came out in the past decade. ...however...I want to jump off a large cliff when I here some "original" country music. Sorry fellas just not my kind of "country".

i hate all country, new and old. but the new junk is horrible imo. bunch of city wusses wearing buckle jeans who dont know a bull from a bulldozer. aint worth a warm cup of camel piss.

#3208461 - 03/30/13 11:42 AM Re: Country Music [Re: TX300mag]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: TX300mag
Haven't heard all of the latest country the metrosexual wannabe cowboys have been singing for the suburban teenyboppers? I'll sum it up for you.

"Ride in my pickup truck and rock your cut off shorts and tank top while I play "County Boy Can Survive" and drink some sort of alcohol until you dance on the tailgate of my truck at a bonfire on a Friday night after working all week."

There, you have it. \:D

Although that "Springsteen" song is kinda catchy. \:\)

no truer words have ever een uttered

Edited by redblood (03/30/13 11:43 AM)

#3213261 - 04/04/13 09:17 AM Re: Country Music [Re: redblood]
BamaProud
12 Point

For the Direct TV customers, channels 808 and 811 are traditional country stations.

#3213689 - 04/04/13 04:55 PM Re: Country Music [Re: BamaProud]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

I believe I've seen on some documentaries that when Hank
senior first started to play what you call classic country, the older generation then thought it was the worst stuff they had ever heard.

#3213701 - 04/04/13 05:05 PM Re: Country Music [Re: iowavf]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: iowavf
senior first started to play what you call classic country, the older generation then thought it was the worst stuff they had ever heard.

I believe that you are confusing Hank with Hank Jr. The term "Country & Western" was coined in 1949 specifically because of the success of Hank Williams. Before that, music of rural whites was called "Hillbilly" music. (Likewise, the term "Rhythm and Blues" was coined that same year as, before that, Black music was called "Race" music.)

Hank Jr. started his career singing his father's music, when he started doing his own thing, it was quite upsetting to a number of people who just wanted to hear his father's songs. And, again, that argument doesn't work because there are plenty of people who are fans of 100+ years of "Country" music and draw the line in the sand for most of it somewhere in the mid 90s. There is a way to progress forward while respecting tradition and there are plenty of people out there doing just that and doing it well, however you won't hear it coming from mainstream Nashville.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3214227 - 04/05/13 09:12 AM Re: Country Music [Re: Poser]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: iowavf

I believe that you are confusing Hank with Hank Jr. The term "Country & Western" was coined in 1949 specifically because of the success of Hank Williams. Before that, music of rural whites was called "Hillbilly" music. (Likewise, the term "Rhythm and Blues" was coined that same year as, before that, Black music was called "Race" music.)

Hank Jr. started his career singing his father's music, when he started doing his own thing, it was quite upsetting to a number of people who just wanted to hear his father's songs. And, again, that argument doesn't work because there are plenty of people who are fans of 100+ years of "Country" music and draw the line in the sand for most of it somewhere in the mid 90s. There is a way to progress forward while respecting tradition and there are plenty of people out there doing just that and doing it well, however you won't hear it coming from mainstream Nashville.
No it was senior back in the day and older folks didn't like his lifestyle or music at 1st.

#3214266 - 04/05/13 09:49 AM Re: Country Music [Re: Gravey]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Nobody saw them running
From 16th Avenue
They never found the fingerprints
Or the weapon that was used
But someone killed country music
Cut out its heart and soul
They got away with murder
Down on music row

The almight dollar
And the lust for worldwide fame
Slowly killed tradition
And for that, someone shouldhang ("Ahh, you tell 'em Alan")
They all say "Not Guilty!"
But the evidence will show
That murder was committed
Down on music row

For the steel guitars no longer cry
And the fiddles barely play
But drums and rock 'n' roll guitars
Are mixed up in your face
Ol' Hank wouldn't have a chance
On today's radio
Since they committed murder
Down on music row

They thought no one would miss it
Once it was dead and gone
They said no one would buy them ol'
Drinkin' and cheatin' songs ("Oh, but I still buy 'em")
Well there ain't no justice in it
And the hard facts are cold
Murder's been committed
Down on music row

For the steel guitars no longer cry
And you can't hear fiddles play
With drums and rock 'n' roll guitars
Mixed right up in your face
Why the Hag wouldn't have a chance
On today's radio
Since they committed murder
Down on music row

Why they even tell the Possum
To pack up and go back home
There's been an awful murder
Down on music row

These lyrics say it all. \:\)

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Bow Hunter, jbranham63, Prowler, buckslayerr, tn droptine, rabbit hunter) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93069 Topics
1087565 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.