Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3202416 - 03/24/13 12:22 PM Re: What is friendship worth? [Re: GFY]
Big J
16 Point

Loc: Joelton

Originally Posted By: GFY
 Originally Posted By: Big J
This is a question I have been asking myself for several weeks.
I mean if you could put a dollar amount on it?

I have had this issue facing me for the last few weeks.

I have a dear friend that owes me a substantial amount of money for work I have done for him and thru no fault of his own things have turned south for him in several random acts that I know was beyond his control. Now I love this guy dearly and we have been friends for almost 20 years. One of my best friends.

Tonight I had a conversation with him and wiped the slate clean.
I feel a ton better and I hope he does as well.

So I ask what is friendship worth?

Money is such a materialistic item. I mean yeah I would love to have a bunch of it and especially right now considering I was down to little the last few days!! lol

To put some perspective on it. The actual amount I wrote off today to help my friend was

$20,000

Yes i said twenty thousand dollars.

Yes he is still one of my best friend and I think if it had been 100k. I would have felt the same.

I hope it never comes up again and I pray it gives us both restful peace in our relationship.

Just thought I would share.

And your motivation for posting this is what???

My motivation was to say money is not worth friendship in my eyes.

#3202604 - 03/24/13 04:13 PM Re: What is friendship worth? [Re: dr]
tennoutdrsman
TnDeer Old Timer
6 Point

Loc: Hendersonville,Tn

You are a blessed man to have such understanding under such a circumstance..I imagine our fathers from the pioneer days would scratch their heads and shrug the money off and say "come help me chop firewood and we'll call it even"..LOL! God bless ya.
AND thanks for posting/sharing this!!

Edited by tennoutdrsman (03/24/13 04:14 PM)

#3202750 - 03/24/13 06:55 PM Re: What is friendship worth? [Re: tennoutdrsman]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

You do it to please Jesus, not yourself. When you do this, your heart is filled and your life is at peace.

It is all about focusing on eternal things over temporal things.

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#3202752 - 03/24/13 06:57 PM Re: What is friendship worth? [Re: GFY]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

Originally Posted By: GFY
 Originally Posted By: Big J
This is a question I have been asking myself for several weeks.
I mean if you could put a dollar amount on it?

I have had this issue facing me for the last few weeks.

I have a dear friend that owes me a substantial amount of money for work I have done for him and thru no fault of his own things have turned south for him in several random acts that I know was beyond his control. Now I love this guy dearly and we have been friends for almost 20 years. One of my best friends.

Tonight I had a conversation with him and wiped the slate clean.
I feel a ton better and I hope he does as well.

So I ask what is friendship worth?

Money is such a materialistic item. I mean yeah I would love to have a bunch of it and especially right now considering I was down to little the last few days!! lol

To put some perspective on it. The actual amount I wrote off today to help my friend was

$20,000

Yes i said twenty thousand dollars.

Yes he is still one of my best friend and I think if it had been 100k. I would have felt the same.

I hope it never comes up again and I pray it gives us both restful peace in our relationship.

Just thought I would share.

And your motivation for posting this is what???

I cant speak for him but I would guess so that others may learn and be inspired by his generous act. If one person grows positively from hearing this then it is a win. I know I for one am touched by his kindness and it makes me look at my own life and possible actions with a more critical eye. Try finding the good in the outcome of things and the world becomes a lot less dark.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3202762 - 03/24/13 07:05 PM Re: What is friendship worth? [Re: TAFKAP]
GFY
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Seems a little too similar to this scripture - especially when you mention how muuuuuuuuch money is involved.

Just a little too much "look at me!"

Just saying...

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger, yankeeinthesouth, PEhunter
13293 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (G8rntn, DaveB, WGK, monsterbuck07, 280longshot, daduckman, 13 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13293 Members
42 Forums
85457 Topics
1032596 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.226 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.