Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3200388 - 03/22/13 08:43 AM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: Bowdacious]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I saw that article and laughed as the state is doing the same thing you get to chose if you want to participate and get a discount. This is a good idea to have people aware of how there decisions make a difference. I think we need to push the insurance companies to pay more for the preventative measures. And reward people that do make changes for the better. We need to feel pain for us to change and if we do not feel the pain for the unhealthy life style we will keep living that way.
#3200588 - 03/22/13 11:52 AM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: waynesworld]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Employer provided health insurance is like putting crack in vitamins.

#3200707 - 03/22/13 02:20 PM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: fishboy1]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

content Online
IMO it should be illegal to target one area and disregard another. Everybody wants tobacco users to pay more. Most insurance companies are not making people with diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. pay more. Type 2 diabetes costs are surpassing tobacco costs in terms of healthcare.

#3200956 - 03/22/13 06:31 PM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: JeepKuntry]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
IMO it should be illegal to target one area and disregard another. Everybody wants tobacco users to pay more. Most insurance companies are not making people with diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. pay more. Type 2 diabetes costs are surpassing tobacco costs in terms of healthcare.

We don't pay more if the numbers aren't good. Participation is all we have to do. If any number is off, WebMD sends emails texts or letters with tips to help get you on track. It is unfair that eventually I will pay more because I smoke considering they have paid out $180 in 5 years for me. \:\(

Beware the skillet -----O

#3200962 - 03/22/13 06:36 PM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: fishboy1]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: fishboy1

It's better than what I used to have. Getting a claim paid before was a nightmare and now it's easy and all of my preventative is free.

Beware the skillet -----O

#3201129 - 03/22/13 09:30 PM Re: Mainstream media strikes again [Re: Bowdacious]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1

It's better than what I used to have. Getting a claim paid before was a nightmare and now it's easy and all of my preventative is free.

No such thing as Free. SOMEBODY is paying for it. Chances are good it is YOU. Its just hidden.

Imagine how much LOWER insurance would be across the board if each individual had to shop for their own insurance. Imagine how much Lower health care costs would be if individuals ASKED what services cost before purchasing.
Imagine how much HIGHER your pay would be if your employer hadn't gotten trapped into the employer provided insurance trap.

Employer provided insurance came from 2 factors.
1. Taxes were too high and employees opted for "benefits" rather than salary to avoid jumping up in tax brackets. They have since changed the rules and now many benefits are counted as income anyway.
2. Taxes were too high so employers opted to provide health insurance in lieu of pay and claim it as an expense to reduce their tax burden.

True story. Needed routine surgery on my ankle. Asked how much it would cost. They looked at me like I had 4 heads. After 4 weeks NOBODY could give me so much as a ball park on the cost. "dont worry about it, we will bill your insurance". I was offering to pay CASH if it would be better for both of us to avoid the insurance dance. They were astonished that I had an individual health insurance plan with a high deductible and wanted a discount for paying cash. In the end, it would have cost me about the same, but Netted them an additional $486 PLUS saved them countless hours of employee time AND they would have had cash in hand instead of 2 months of playing games with the insurance company.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (7mmMag, gun nut, TNDeerGuy, Roost 1, Dbllunger, ratsnakeboogy, 10 invisible) and 108 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89203 Topics
1043228 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.217 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.