Tndeer Logo

Page 12 of 23 « First<1011121314>Last »
Topic Options
#3200132 - 03/21/13 10:38 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TNTomtaker01]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: TNTomtaker01
Well the media has put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth bc anytime a pit attacks it will make headlines..

Ya it wouldn't be so bad if they even could verify all attacks were pits. But people just look at an aggressive dog and say pit! Even though it is something way off that has no pit in it what so ever.

#3200134 - 03/21/13 10:40 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TNTomtaker01]
TNLynn
8 Point

Loc: baxter TN

Why take the chance? WHO SAID a retriver got a free pass? Why have a dog that CAN change a happy family forever?????? Odds are much better than the lottery that a dog will snap. Heck, I know more than one very sain person that has snapped. WHY have so much faith in a DOG????

#3200138 - 03/21/13 10:43 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
TNTomtaker01
10 Point

Loc: Middle

I've been around some pits that kinda give you that bad feeling and some that think they are lap dogs raising and socializing a dog has a lot to do with its nature. Most of the pits that are dangerous have been tied in back yards and their only experience with humans is when they get fed.

#3200143 - 03/21/13 10:47 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TNLynn]
vanleerbuckbuster
8 Point

Loc: Dickson, Tennessee

i have a pit and a lab. both of them are very friendly. i never was a dog person until i got my pitbull. never have i seen such a loyal animal. and he is very protective of my 2 young boys. he wont let the kids out of his sight. wherever the boys go is where he goes. he does bark when someone comes over so hopefully i can get him broke of that.

born free

Thats gun lotion

#3200144 - 03/21/13 10:47 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
TNLynn
8 Point

Loc: baxter TN

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
 Originally Posted By: eightpointer
I gotta tell ya 89..you bout had to figure you would catch a bunch of crap about pits. You seem like a nice fella. Don't let it ruffle your feathers. Everybody has a kind of bad thought about these dogs. They just seem a bit scary and we as humans don't like to be scared.

Thanks. My only pet peeve is ignorance.
It only makes me mad because I have had people say i'm a bad person or I don't care about kids because I let them around my pits.
When non of my pits have ever even shown their teeth to anybody.
That's the only reason it gets to me. First person to say i'm a bad parent when I have kids and I have my pits around them they will really set me off.

The first time one of your pits show their teeth to someone may be the last time that person is alive! Odds are it won't happen, but what will be your statement if it does?

#3200157 - 03/21/13 11:12 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TNLynn]
backwoods7
8 Point

Loc: shelby co TN

Ive only ever seen one bad pitt and part of its problem was it was abused and starved by a bunch of druggies. My buddy has a couple of them and i even dog sat them while he was out of town. I always had my pistoul on me but they never showd any signs of aggression and are very sweet and playfull dogs. I personally wouldnt let my kids around them without me being there just because of all ive herd about them. Ive been bitten by germanshepards and have been cornerd by a rott before, but the meanest dogs ive ever had to deal with was a chow. Ive had to kill two of those that went from being good pets to killing livestock and the other snaped and came at my pregnant wife.
#3200218 - 03/22/13 04:09 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

One misconception of pits. MOST attacks reported by pits once a DNA test is done the DNA shows no signs of pit in the blood.

I don't buy that at all. The center for Disease control Statistics pretty much mirror statistics in an independent dog attack study resulting in death. In deaths I am sure more than a media account was used to determine the breed of a dog. Most likely it was the owner or a veterinarian that determined the breed while the dog was sequestered(most of the time that is mandatory).

the studies show that more than half (56% from 1998 through 2012)of the fatalities every year involving a dog are attributed to pit bull or pit bull mixes. Rottweilers (or Rott mixes) account for about 11% of deaths. So 2 breeds (and their mixes) account for more than 2/3 of all fatalities.

These stats are for deaths, deaths. Again deaths require pretty extensive investigation by people who know what they are doing, so I don't think there is a media bias against Pits, or a case of mistaken identity in play here. True all dogs can be dangerous, but some are by their physical makeup more dangerous than others.

I wouldn't support banning any breed, but I would support measures to assure people who have dangerous animals of any kind have to take certain precautions to keep their animals secure.

Dog bite statistics
http://dogbitelaw.com/images/pdf/Dog_Attacks_1982-2006_Clifton.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

#3200224 - 03/22/13 04:42 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Even a backyard full of pits kids play with ours all the time and we have never had one single issue.

That is a pretty common comment following most dog attack stories...not just Pits.

no one thinks their dog will bite.

Edited by BamaProud (03/22/13 09:02 AM)

#3200240 - 03/22/13 05:14 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TAFKAP]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: strutandrut
So, what do y'all think about a one buck limit?

It'll only work if you bait with Zija \:D \:D \:D

^There it is^ \:\)

#3200441 - 03/22/13 09:29 AM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlountArrow]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: strutandrut
So, what do y'all think about a one buck limit?

It'll only work if you bait with Zija \:D \:D \:D

^There it is^ \:\)

You can now revel in my successful implementation of the TRIFECTA!

\:D \:D \:D

All we lack now is a lewd picture to get this thing locked down for good \:D

Page 12 of 23 « First<1011121314>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (RKP, LA man, gatodoc, String Music, PapPaw, Encore Eye Candy, 11 invisible) and 118 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90979 Topics
1063163 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.075 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.