Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 23 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#3199713 - 03/21/13 04:54 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: randy
Cute dog isnt he. He attacked and killed a 74 year old jogger. He bolted from the owners house and attacked him. Hese is the victim.

Color me doubtful.....

#3199723 - 03/21/13 05:06 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Cute dog isnt he. He attacked and killed a 74 year old jogger. He bolted from the owners house and attacked him. Hese is the victim.

You really show your ignorance to this breed!
This was in Malaysia also. Which dogs are normally not treated very well there.
THIS IS THE DOG THAT ATTACKED THE MAN!This is a BULL TERRIER NOT PITBULL!
You just post a picture of a pitbull to make it look like a pit did it!
The media is too freakin stupid and biased toward pits to point out or even know it is a BULL TERRIER!
Different breed! IT was noted that the people that owned it was ghetto like people that didn't treat their dogs right too! Which can happen to anybody.
This really proves peoples biased closed minded judgement inputs on something they don't know about!

Edited by 89cherokeelimited (03/21/13 05:16 PM)

#3199726 - 03/21/13 05:09 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: muzzy76]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: muzzy76
first, I cannot believe that no one in my tndeer family thought to post the popcorn-eating smiley somewhere close to the beginning of this thread

second, I once had a pit come up on me while I was turkey hunting three years ago in the middle of my 100 acre farm. He was cruising through the woods and stopped about 30 feet away from me, turning his head towards me. He began growling, showing plenty of teeth, and slowly advancing upon my position. After what seemed like a few steps, he accelerated for a brief period of time... very brief.

third, i failed to conduct the blood test to verify that it was a true pit (as opposed to another breed that resembles a pit).

As I said before there is a website that points out all the different breeds that look like a pit. I bet you if you looked at a pit and a few other dogs you would guess wrong which one is an ACTUAL pit.
Pits DON'T I REPEAT DON'T have these sudden aggressive issues people think they do.
You seen an aggressive dog and I guarantee instantly thought pitbull. Just like the media and everybody else that doesn't know pits

#3199727 - 03/21/13 05:10 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: TAFKAP]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

Color me doubtful.....

He posted yet more nonfactual information.

#3199731 - 03/21/13 05:15 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SilverFox]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
After watching a pit completely take the head of a blue tick completely off in a pen, I have no care to own one or be around one. And before you ask, yes this was a pit... A registered one that was a family dog that was only in a pen due to being in heat. She never showed any aggression towards man or dog but snapped. She was not attacked by the blue tick... And after was human aggressive to the point she was put down. She was in the pen with the blue tick only minutes before killing it.

Having owned and trained several different breeds in my life I refuse to work with any bulldogs beside english and boxer. It's not worth the risk to me.

I've been with the county on several trips to pick up dogs and one thing I've learned about the breed is don't turn your back in them... Them being bulldog breeds... Be it pit or what ever else they may mix up with them. Luckily I haven't been bitten but I've come close on several trips. I've seen them turn on the owner when we went to pick them up since if possible we let the owner control the dog and put them in the box. And no, I was not a dog catcher. I worked with some of the dogs from the sheriffs office and was asked on occasion to assist in handling and transport.

I truly hope you or your family don't end up on the short end of the stick with the breed. Having a German Shepherd I understand the looks you get from some people and the people who fear the breed and not the dog. Even with that said, I do not allow children to be alone with my dog. There is too much unknown with any dog around strange people or kids. He has never bit anyone... And is the smartest dog I have ever trained. There is still the chance of it and I realize that. I see good people snap all the time... I don't want to see him snap when children are involved.

When ANY female dog is in heat they DO get aggressive at points. My female Miley never cared one bit if anybody or any animal was around her she didn't even mind when she had the pups.
It's all in how they were raised.

Even a backyard full of pits kids play with ours all the time and we have never had one single issue.
The kids try to ride them, pull their eyes, tail, lips, poke them in the eyes and never one mean aggressive actions towards any person.
Were talking over atleast 12 pits over past few years between my pits, my in laws and some of my friends. They are all raised to be family pets and are socialized everywhere even dog parks.

#3199734 - 03/21/13 05:18 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

I wasn't implying it was a pit bull. I was merely showing how a dog can look so cute one minute and be a ruthless killer the next.

#3199749 - 03/21/13 05:31 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

I am a huge fan of pits, shepherds, rotts, doberman, and all the other "dangerous breeds." With that being said, there is conclusive proof that certain breeds such as dalmatians and pits have been inbred so much that many have psychological issues and you never know which one will snap or at what time. On the other hand, they could be the nicest dog in the world. You just never know. However, it is not correct to label an entire breed as dangerous and it has as much or more to do with the environment that the animal was raised in than anything else. I dont care what your personal opinion is on the matter, these are scientifically tested facts.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3199758 - 03/21/13 05:42 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

I wasn't implying it was a pit bull. I was merely showing how a dog can look so cute one minute and be a ruthless killer the next.

Well you had it implied that was the dog.
This was your quote "Cute dog isnt he. He attacked and killed a 74 year old jogger. He bolted from the owners house and attacked him. Hese is the victim."
not only that but the dog that attacked the jogger wasn't a pit.

#3199759 - 03/21/13 05:42 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

shocked Online
I'm gonna be nice for once...

89 it's obvious you're not gonna listen. I can tell by your post you're new to the breed and breeding of dogs. I hope you're never on the receiving end of an aggressive dog... It's no fun I can promise you that.

Just a little back info... The owner of the pit that killed the blue tick has raised, not bought, several world champion dogs. Dogs will snap... This is true.

Good luck.

#3199771 - 03/21/13 05:54 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SilverFox]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
I'm gonna be nice for once...

89 it's obvious you're not gonna listen. I can tell by your post you're new to the breed and breeding of dogs. I hope you're never on the receiving end of an aggressive dog... It's no fun I can promise you that.

Just a little back info... The owner of the pit that killed the blue tick has raised, not bought, several world champion dogs. Dogs will snap... This is true.

Good luck.

I'm by far new to the breed and BY far new to breeding.
I've been around pits since I was a kid.
My first one my wife and I owned together and breed we got her a few yeas back.
We had a pit mix when I was growing up and we had a retriever. Our retriever Rex bit me when I was young. Our pit mix never did anything to any of us.
I'm around atleast 6 or more pits every single day for the past 3 years. I watch some of my friends dogs at my house since I have a yard.
Dogs in general will snap YES but to point out that all PITS will just lash out and snap is ignorant and uneducated. Just because someone raised champion dogs has NOTHING to do with aggression. You yourself seems ignorant when it comes to dogs. If you read my other posts, I have been on the receiving end of aggressive dogs. I have been bit numerous times. I can count atleast 12 times. BUT not a single pitbull. Sheperds, Chows, Great Dane, Black lab, Choc lab, and a few mutts.

Your not going to listen. You are closed minded and biased it seems like.

Page 8 of 23 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Skeeter1, terryturner, aksn823, weatherby man, DWboater
13520 Registered Users
Who's Online
177 registered (Gravey, EastTNboy, Hoytem, seaton0024, UTGrad, TeamMainStreet, 15 invisible) and 272 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13520 Members
42 Forums
98854 Topics
1161681 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.076 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.