Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 23 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3199463 - 03/21/13 12:57 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
 Originally Posted By: Poser
Question, though, for the proponents of banning pitbulls. What about having/using/training them for hog hunting?

Well they are trying to make owners get atleast a $25,000.00 insurance policy not quite ban them.
Some states and counties do ban them but the big issue right now is trying to make us get a insurance policy.
I'm afraid my wife's Pomeranian will bite someone faster then any of my pits too.

This may be true but when is the last time someone was mauled to death by a pomeranian.

#3199465 - 03/21/13 12:58 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: ferg]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

Originally Posted By: ferg
This is some of our pits.
None of them have ever showed their teeth nor ever even barked or growled at someone even strangers that came in our house.

Just a bunch of big sweeties !!!!!!

\:\)

They just got tired from chasing all the neighbor hood kids.

Edited by randy (03/21/13 12:58 PM)

#3199467 - 03/21/13 12:59 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SES]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: SES
Dogs are animals. I don't trust any of them. People who leave children alone with them should be charged with endangerment.

Oh, give me a freakin' break.
Sorry. I'm the dog hatenest person on the face of the earth. I know they do a lot of good for a lot of people, I just ain't one of them. Dogs are to me what spiders are to Ruger.

This is just sad - to miss the unqualified love a dog brings to a human/dog relationship - something not a single person should miss at least once in their life -

I understand SES and I'm not berating you in anyway shape or form, it's just that if you could hook up with that one puppy in the pound someday, your life would FOREVER be changed for the better.

I guarantee it -

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3199468 - 03/21/13 01:00 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlountArrow]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I can't understand why anybody would want the huge financial risk of being sued for everything they own because of a dog. There are hundreds of breeds of dogs to choose from and endless mixed breed dogs available - why would anybody WANT such a high risk breed?

I couldn't agree more. And, for the record, regardless of how they are raised, the genetics of the dog remain unchanged. For one, their ability to bite and not let go is just remarkable.

That is just profiling breeds.
Rottweiler bite force was 328-350 lbs
Pitbull pressure bite was 235 lbs
German Shepherd bite was 238-850 lbs
Bulldog bite was 305 lbs
dutch shepherd 235 lbs
tosa inu was 556 lbs
Great danes about 750lbs
All i'm saying is it's bad enough people judge other people but when people who don't know the breed and spread around rumors is just as bad.
Pitbulls are FAR from the strongest biters of dogs.
The "lock jaw" myth is from pro filers as well.
It's harder to break a German Shepherds and Great danes bite then Pitbulls.

#3199469 - 03/21/13 01:02 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

How could anyone say they couldn't love this dog? She is the most playful and loving pup i've ever seen.
She's full blood Pitbull / American Bully
She's our newest pup from our most recent litter

#3199472 - 03/21/13 01:03 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: randy
None of them have ever showed their teeth nor ever even barked or growled at someone even strangers that came in our house.

They just got tired from chasing all the neighbor hood kids.

They never leave our yard. My mutt will run into the street (That's why i'm installing an underground fence this weekend) but not a single one of our pits will ever leave our yard.

#3199477 - 03/21/13 01:08 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Poser]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Dogs are animals. I don't trust any of them. People who leave children alone with them should be charged with endangerment.

Sorry. I'm the dog hatenest person on the face of the earth. I know they do a lot of good for a lot of people, I just ain't one of them. Dogs are to me what spiders are to Ruger.

So, let me get this straight: You wouldn't trust a blind child with a seeing eye dog?
I would have to be heavily medicated to hinder a panic attack.

#3199478 - 03/21/13 01:08 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Dbllunger]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Dbllunger
Question, though, for the proponents of banning pitbulls. What about having/using/training them for hog hunting?

Well they are trying to make owners get atleast a $25,000.00 insurance policy not quite ban them.
Some states and counties do ban them but the big issue right now is trying to make us get a insurance policy.
I'm afraid my wife's Pomeranian will bite someone faster then any of my pits too.

This may be true but when is the last time someone was mauled to death by a pomeranian.

NO but most of the cases of dog attacks is attack not dog killing. My wife's Pomeranian jumped at my face before and tried to bite me. I've been bit by more chiuaua's and pom's then any other dog. I used to install cable so dogs didn't like me. Every single pit would just lay there and never get up. Small dogs would bite the crap out of me. I had 3 German Sheperds, 4 Labs, 1 Great Dane, and a 1 Malinois bite me installing cable. Not one single pit. I love all dogs but the least aggressive one pits. That's why my wife and I got into breeding pits a few years back. Much better family dog then most other breeds.

#3199479 - 03/21/13 01:09 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SES]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

So, let me get this straight: You wouldn't trust a blind child with a seeing eye dog?
I would have to be heavily medicated to hinder a panic attack.

Our friends kids are around our pits all the time. The pit may protect the kid from someone but they just lay there and let the kids do whatever to them and they don't care.

#3199481 - 03/21/13 01:12 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: ferg]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

They are. The bottom pic and the top right one Miley. She never even got aggressive when she was pregnant or when she had the pups.
The says a lot for a dog. Our pomeranian would help clean them and stuff and we would pick them up and Miley would just sit there not pay us attention. Never aggressive not once.

Page 3 of 23 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (deerslazer, Daniel n, jmoreland, Rkcrawl, Bowdacious, Nealmeally, 8 invisible) and 163 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93289 Topics
1089316 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.