Topic Options
#3199481 - 03/21/13 01:12 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: ferg]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: ferg
 Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
This is some of our pits.
None of them have ever showed their teeth nor ever even barked or growled at someone even strangers that came in our house.

Just a bunch of big sweeties !!!!!!

\:\)

They are. The bottom pic and the top right one Miley. She never even got aggressive when she was pregnant or when she had the pups.
The says a lot for a dog. Our pomeranian would help clean them and stuff and we would pick them up and Miley would just sit there not pay us attention. Never aggressive not once.

#3199485 - 03/21/13 01:16 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: LSUtigers]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: LSUtigers
I was at work just the other day; 2 dogs a 80-90 pound large white shaggy dog and a 25-30 pound pup PIT redish Brown came into a opened gate where I work. , not that color has anything to do with this incident, just hearing all the stuff about PITS I go and get a club before going out there to get them to go back outside of fence, I whistled just as always to get a dogs attention, the bigger dog looked up and started coming over to where i was at, the white dog was wanting to play, but the Pit about 2 feet out as it was walking up to me started growling, so i told them to go on and they did, well the pit decided it wanted some of me and came running growling and showing teeth, so right as the little bugger lunged at me i smacked it in the head with my club and it squeeled and ran out the gate, but not over yet it stopped ,turned around and looked at me growling and ran off. Pup didn't like the club at all. Now I own 2 dogs, a cat and 2 horses and care for all of these,. these were good looking dogs and did have collars on, but no lease, club the owner.

Do you know it was a pit mix 100% positive?
Staffordshire terrier or other breed?
For all of the Pit haters and people that think every dog is a pit. Check this out http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
There are a lot of dogs that look like pits but have not relation what so ever.

#3199487 - 03/21/13 01:16 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

89 cherokee, I am sure your dogs are nice. But they must be the exception to the rule.
statistics

Edited by randy (03/21/13 01:18 PM)

#3199488 - 03/21/13 01:18 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: LSUtigers]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

I would be curious to know the real value on the statitics. My bet is there are more rat terrier mix, boxer mix, American Bulldog Mix bites than actual Pit or pit mix bites. I usd to be a true pitbull hater until I got my American Bulldog and everyone who saw him thought he was a Pit, everyone! Mine definately has a bark and a look, but the worst physical damage he would do is lick someones skin off!

John 15:13

#3199495 - 03/21/13 01:23 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

It's all in what the person is brought around thinking as well. My parents and grandparents and many people I know swear up and down that pits are awful, horrible, killing machines.
Givin that pits are go to dogs for the dog fights because of their aggression and will to keep going, but alot of times any dog is how you raise them. A friend of mine has one of the best pits I have personally met. I was afraid of it the first time I met her because of being told they are horrible but she is sweet.

My neighbor on the other hand has a red nose pit, and she is the devil reincarnated. She got out and in our yard and attacked my 1 year old Boxer. Almost killed him. he was at the vet for months fighting to live.
She has got out and came at me, my fiance, and my bloodhound.
I have told my neighbor time and time again to keep her dog contained. Or I will bring her back in a trash bag.
And when my boy is born in the next few weeks and he gets older, if she comes at him, or acts like it, I will not hesitate to kill her dead.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3199498 - 03/21/13 01:26 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: randy
89 cherokee, I am sure your dogs are nice. But they must be the exception to the rule.
statistics

Do know why they are labeled like that??? Reports when a dog attacks they do like a lot of people on here. They say "It's a pit" without knowing if it actually was a pit.
Your chart looks like it came from dogsbite.com???
the author Colleen Lynn has pointed out time after time she hates pits. She is really biased to pits and will just say a pit attack when it could be an alpha blue blood bulldog.
You will never find a completely 100% unbiased site against dogs.
Anything Colleen Lynn posts is 100% biased again pits. I can guarantee that because she admits she hates pits.

#3199500 - 03/21/13 01:28 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Unicam]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Unicam
I would be curious to know the real value on the statitics. My bet is there are more rat terrier mix, boxer mix, American Bulldog Mix bites than actual Pit or pit mix bites. I usd to be a true pitbull hater until I got my American Bulldog and everyone who saw him thought he was a Pit, everyone! Mine definately has a bark and a look, but the worst physical damage he would do is lick someones skin off!

Same here. My wife and I got a mutt when we first got married because people said rescue and don't buy from breeders. Our first pit was given to us by some friends and from there on we absolutely love our pits. Our mutt on the other hand is a pain in my @$$ he has showed me his teeth and gets these moods every 3 or 4 months where he is a total pain. the past few years not ONE single issue, teeth showing, disobeying, running out of the yard or anything from out pits.

#3199502 - 03/21/13 01:30 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

This is one of the pits we sold from our last litter.

They were worried buying a pit because they never owned one.
They bought max and what do ya know!!! The best dog they have ever had.
They also have kids and a cat.

#3199506 - 03/21/13 01:32 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

I bet this will get the attention of some pit biased haters!!!
Vinnie is HUGE wide but the sweetest dog you would ever meet in your life. I guarantee it! Note that is a 2 year old beside him...
The 2 year old DID live through the pictures!

#3199507 - 03/21/13 01:33 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Dbllunger]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Dbllunger

This may be true but when is the last time someone was mauled to death by a pomeranian.

Pomeranians, like house cats, are the two "pets" that actively think, "You and I both know that if I were bigger, you'd have been eaten by now."

Page 4 of 23 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
19 registered (1 good shot, MUP, TRIGGER, TripleE, Eric Kilby, BamaProud, 3 invisible) and 65 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91380 Topics
1068325 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.