Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 23 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3199517 - 03/21/13 01:39 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

happy Online
stats Here is a pretty comprehensive list by breed.

Edited by randy (03/21/13 01:40 PM)

#3199534 - 03/21/13 01:49 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: randy
stats Here is a pretty comprehensive list by breed.

They also have on their some of the killings were noted to be pitbull BUT they also say "they are not sure if it was a pit or another breed" but they still put it under the pits.
One was a chain strangled a kid. Pretty sure the pit didn't purposely wrap a chain around someone neck and strangle them.
Another said 13 dogs killed someone. They noted a pit but said they others were unknown...
Kind of getting a vibe here? Biased and not actually knowing if it was a pit or not??? thinking it looked like a pit and they marked down pit.
Looks and sounds like some biased info as well. Not credible testing
Another (a pit knocked her down causing head injuries)
Any big dog could have done that. The pit could have just been excited to see the person and jumped on them. Didn't say bite or tore someone throat out. They knocked the human over...

Edited by 89cherokeelimited (03/21/13 01:51 PM)

#3199541 - 03/21/13 01:57 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
randy
6 Point

happy Online
1985 attacks by the pit bull breed.
The next closest was Rottweiler at 481 attacks.
That is a difference of 1504. Find 1504 discrepencies(sp), I might believe you then.

#3199543 - 03/21/13 02:01 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

I grew up with a pit bull in the 1980's before the hysteria. It's probably in my top 3 favorite pets of all time. A truly awesome dog; however, I wouldn't consider bringing one into my own house around my kids today.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3199545 - 03/21/13 02:02 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

Well, back to my original question...
Are false charges usually a part of a dogs attack?
Ive had run-ins with other dogs in my lifetime, but never had a charging attack like that before.
For the record, i didnt intend to get any anti-breed conversation going.

Also, if ANY breed large dog was attacking you and you didnt gave a firearm to defend yourself, what would you do? Or, take it one step further, what if the large dog was attacking your kids and you didnt have a firearm? How would you handle it?

#3199547 - 03/21/13 02:04 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: randy]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: randy
1985 attacks by the pit bull breed.
The next closest was Rottweiler at 481 attacks.
That is a difference of 1504. Find 1504 discrepencies(sp), I might believe you then.

1505 discrepancies. Did they do any blood tests? They didn't mention any. So there for NONE of the tests can be accountable.
MANY MANY dogs look like pits but are not related to PITS by any means.
Look at a lot of these attacks on the news and stuff they will see a fluffy brown dog and call it a pit!!! When it looks more like a chow mix!
You sound like obama saying we need to get rid of guns because guns kill people. Classifying all pit bulls are bad because they attack people when their is NO DNA test to see if they even have pit in them!
If you want credible info we need to see DNA tests to see what bloodlines these dogs have. Obviously people just looking at dogs shows their ignorance in their knowledge of different breeds.
Have you ever owned a pit? Have you spent a good amount of time with a pit? If you haven't you don't know the breed and you're just as bad as all of the closed minded biased sites and people.

#3199553 - 03/21/13 02:09 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlackBelt]
LB FANATIC
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
Ive had run-ins with other dogs in my lifetime, but never had a charging attack like that before.

Also, if ANY breed large dog was attacking you and you didnt gave a firearm to defend yourself, what would you do? Or, take it one step further, what if the large dog was attacking your kids and you didnt have a firearm? How would you handle it?

A balled up fist, shoved into their throat as far as possible works pretty well...

#3199554 - 03/21/13 02:09 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlackBelt]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

We all jumped off topic.
I have been attacked by a large German Sheperd when I was installing cable. I was told when something like that happens kick them in the throat as hard as possible. It actually worked.
I had a German Sheperd coming at me showing his teeth and growing he was a few feet away and I kicked him as hard as I could in the throat. He did die about 10 mins later BUT it was me or him.
Another instance a random fluffy dog (not a pitbull) came into my yard and attacked my dog bear. I hit him in the face repeatedly and he didn't let go. I got behind him and got him in a choke hold as tightly as possible. I stood up with him in the choke hold stance holding him off the ground. After 5 seconds of choking him he let go of my dog and just gave up. My wife called animal rescue and they came and picked him up. He passed out but was OK. I don't know what happened after that.
You can kick and punch any dog all day long and they will not let go. Of you have a chain or rope or in my case neither I quickly put him in a choke hold and he let go and passed out.
Probably not the safest way but it got the job done.

#3199555 - 03/21/13 02:10 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: LB FANATIC]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: LB FANATIC

A balled up fist, shoved into their throat as far as possible works pretty well...

If they are latched on to something though it's hard to open their mouth once any dog latches on.

#3199557 - 03/21/13 02:11 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
randy
6 Point

happy Online
Does the average Joe got out and do blood tests, dna tests, research the blood line before they get one? Nope.
Have I ever owned one? no.
Would I own one? no.
Have I been around them? yes.
Were the friendly? no.
If I saw one in my yard that made any agressive move towards me, my wife or children it would be over for him.

Page 5 of 23 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (WGK, morgancountry, mossyhorns300, Travis G., BUCKTOOF, shouler mt, 7 invisible) and 191 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96022 Topics
1124414 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.061 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.