Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 23 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3199425 - 03/21/13 12:40 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Question, though, for the proponents of banning pitbulls. What about having/using/training them for hog hunting?

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3199427 - 03/21/13 12:41 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SES]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: SES
Dogs are animals. I don't trust any of them. People who leave children alone with them should be charged with endangerment.

Oh, give me a freakin' break.

#3199429 - 03/21/13 12:43 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
One misconception of pits. MOST attacks reported by pits once a DNA test is done the DNA shows no signs of pit in the blood.
People always just point aggressive with pits.
I have a mutt that looks like a few number of dogs and he is 4. He is the most stubborn dog EVER. I have 3 pitbulls / aka American Bully. They are registered UKC as American PitBull Terrier and ABKC as American Bully.
My wife and I breed them and they prove time and time again to be MUCH better dogs then German sheperds, ST Bernards, Labs, and others.

Most of the time people look at a dog and if it shows it's teeth they instantly say "IT'S A PIT" (when it's actually mutt) pretty much profiling and just listening to the media on pit attacks.
Have you looked up German Sheperd attacks? They are pretty bad. Rottweiler attacks?
It's profiling a dog type when every single breed can turn out the same. It's all in the way they are raised.

I have an 85 lb American Bulldog and everyone who sees him calls him a Pit. Have a friend with a 100 lb Cane Corso and everyone calls him a pit. I have learned since owning my AB that most people assosiate the head and big chest with Pits, no matter the breed or the size.

John 15:13

#3199441 - 03/21/13 12:46 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Hunter 257W]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I can't understand why anybody would want the huge financial risk of being sued for everything they own because of a dog. There are hundreds of breeds of dogs to choose from and endless mixed breed dogs available - why would anybody WANT such a high risk breed?

I couldn't agree more. And, for the record, regardless of how they are raised, the genetics of the dog remain unchanged. For one, their ability to bite and not let go is just remarkable.

#3199453 - 03/21/13 12:52 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: BlackBelt]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

This is some of our pits.
None of them have ever showed their teeth nor ever even barked or growled at someone even strangers that came in our house.

#3199456 - 03/21/13 12:53 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Poser]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Originally Posted By: Poser
Dogs are animals. I don't trust any of them. People who leave children alone with them should be charged with endangerment.

Sorry. I'm the dog hatenest person on the face of the earth. I know they do a lot of good for a lot of people, I just ain't one of them. Dogs are to me what spiders are to Ruger.

#3199458 - 03/21/13 12:54 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: Poser]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Question, though, for the proponents of banning pitbulls. What about having/using/training them for hog hunting?

Well they are trying to make owners get atleast a $25,000.00 insurance policy not quite ban them.
Some states and counties do ban them but the big issue right now is trying to make us get a insurance policy.
I'm afraid my wife's Pomeranian will bite someone faster then any of my pits too.

#3199459 - 03/21/13 12:55 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: moondawg]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: moondawg
In before pit bull fans say it's not the dog, it's how it's raised.

Only 4.7 minutes \:D \:D

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3199460 - 03/21/13 12:55 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: SES]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Sorry. I'm the dog hatenest person on the face of the earth. I know they do a lot of good for a lot of people, I just ain't one of them. Dogs are to me what spiders are to Ruger.

So, let me get this straight: You wouldn't trust a blind child with a seeing eye dog?

#3199462 - 03/21/13 12:56 PM Re: Anybody here have a pitbull? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
This is some of our pits.
None of them have ever showed their teeth nor ever even barked or growled at someone even strangers that came in our house.

Just a bunch of big sweeties !!!!!!

\:\)

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

Page 2 of 23 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AirCav!, five by five, Nolsgym, HeaterEngineer, truebowman
13303 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (taterhead, big 8's in Weakley county, Dirt nap, Coker, Scud, LA man, 8 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13303 Members
42 Forums
93940 Topics
1097208 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.132 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.